Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Huskers with a real shot to land 4-star RB Pierre Cormier

Scout Team
    Holy cow... his Jr highlights are amazing.. That music was gangster for sure... yikes. Let hope Ron Brown can work his magic and get this kid to commit. GBR

Scout Team
    IMPO Nebraska should recruit 2 RBs. I think Terrell Newby might be their #1 target and Pierre Cormier their 2nd from all I have been seeing. I think Nebraska has a coin flip with both.

I would take both if they commit...no reservations what so ever...

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    IMPO Nebraska should recruit 2 RBs. I think Terrell Newby might be their #1 target and Pierre Cormier their 2nd from all I have been seeing. I think Nebraska has a coin flip with both.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Recruit

I'm not sure Osborne passed on Emmit Smith. My recollection is that we offered him. I believe there was some story about how Smith put slips of paper in a cup with NEBRASKA and FLORIDA on them. After pulling NEBRASKA out several times he opted to go to Florida anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I do agree with the sentiment here, however. Another undersized back I'd submit to make the point is Darren Sproles. I was thrilled to see him graduate.
    Quote Originally Posted by HZKRFAN View Post
    There is a smaller RB from Nebraska that the huskers passed on a few years ago...I think he plays for the Patriots now. Not saying this kid compares to Woodhead, but he is a good example of why you need to at least consider the backs that are not the prototypical size.

Seems like I read on here or somewhere else that back in the day, T.O. passed on a couple others because of they were undersized, that went on to have great careers...(Barry sanders and emmit smith). I'm sure there are plenty of examples to the contrary, I guess I am sayin it's a crapshoot, this RB recruiting business...

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyHusker View Post
    I'm not sure Osborne passed on Emmit Smith. My recollection is that we offered him. I believe there was some story about how Smith put slips of paper in a cup with NEBRASKA and FLORIDA on them. After pulling NEBRASKA out several times he opted to go to Florida anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I do agree with the sentiment here, however. Another undersized back I'd submit to make the point is Darren Sproles. I was thrilled to see him graduate.
    I might point out that one "undersized" back that we did land is none other than superman himself....Rex Burkhead!

Two other smaller backs that came here and did alright were I.M. Hipp and Jarvis Redwine. Jarvis was never heavier than 190 pounds and he was okay.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by HZKRFAN View Post
    I might point out that one "undersized" back that we did land is none other than superman himself....Rex Burkhead!
    It's not the size of the man, it's the size of his heart.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint23r View Post
    Two other smaller backs that came here and did alright were I.M. Hipp and Jarvis Redwine. Jarvis was never heavier than 190 pounds and he was okay.
    Different era.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew City Husker View Post
    Different era.
    My feeling is if you are fast and have good vision and balance then it doesn't matter what era it is. There are plenty of backs out there 200 lbs or less that are getting the job done.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    It's not the size of the man, it's the size of his heart.
    ...not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Junior Varsity
    My feeling is if you are fast and have good vision and balance then it doesn't matter what era it is. There are plenty of backs out there 200 lbs or less that are getting the job done.
    Most are "niche" players. Guys who are complete backs tend to be larger.

Agree....this kid has the goods.

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Blackshirt
    We really haven't had many small RB's at all. Frank Solich (Fullback not RB), Tim Wurth, and Terry Rodgers are probably it. Cory ross was short, though not that small. Keith "Endzone" Jones was a bit smaller than average, I suppose. Someone earlier mention IM Hipp and Marvelous Jarvis Redwine, neither of these two was very small, very much the same size as Doug Dubose and Jeff Smith, slightly under average. LOL, Rex is NOT small.

PS--This is NOT a negative comment...just the facts.
    Josh Mitchell, Captain 2014:
    “Just like the seniors in front of us, they didn’t want to go 9-4. They didn’t want to be that team that was just, what I would say, average."

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    We really haven't had many small RB's at all. Frank Solich (Fullback not RB), Tim Wurth, and Terry Rodgers are probably it. Keith "Endzone" Jones was a bit smaller than average, I suppose. Someone earlier mention IM Hipp and Marvelous Jarvis Redwine, neither of these two was very small, very much the same size as Doug Dubose and Jeff Smith, slightly under average. LOL, Rex is NOT small.

PS--This is NOT a negative comment...just the facts.

AA @5'9" 180 lb is the only one that comes to mind.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Husker Fan
    Dana Brinson was small too, but if IIRC he played wb.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]