Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30+ and counting

Enjoy the Ride
    Should it not be repealed simply because the majority of Americans do not want it??

All Big 10
    That's a computer monitor, Luth.

I saw that on CNN this morning (sorry, no link) and it certainly is a fine example of showboating politics.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4qtrhsker View Post
    Should it not be repealed simply because the majority of Americans do not want it??
    According to the last Rasmussen report, the majority of Americans want marijuana legalized. Pretty sure that isn't enough to make it happen.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    According to the last Rasmussen report, the majority of Americans want marijuana legalized. Pretty sure that isn't enough to make it happen.
    I propose a trade. Legal dope for Obamacare repeal.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    At least one of them doesn't put the country in more debt.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    So its settled. Legal pot, no Obamacare and no more wars or money to the middle east. All done before lunch. We rock!!!
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

All Big 10
    So its settled. Legal pot, no Obamacare and no more wars or money to the middle east. All done before lunch. We rock!!!
    Wait a minute. You kind of slid that last one in when it wasn't part of the deal. I happen to want more wars and money to the middle east.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by 4qtrhsker View Post
    Absolutely. Just like Southern states should repeal those unwanted civil rights laws.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    That's a computer monitor, Luth.
    All a part of the computer monitor lobby to repeal affordable healthcare for all. It's the opening salvo in technology's revolution against their human overlords.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    Wait a minute. You kind of slid that last one in when it wasn't part of the deal. I happen to want more wars and money to the middle east.
    Redmachine and I discussed the middle east earlier in the thread. Why does someone always have to come along and ruin everything? Democracy sucks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    Both are bad, pot smokers will need more expensive HC later in life which will lead to more debt.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    All a part of the computer monitor lobby to repeal affordable healthcare for all. It's the opening salvo in technology's revolution against their human overlords.
    Oh, ok.

How are those new meds working out for ya?

All Big 10
    Redmachine and I discussed the middle east earlier in the thread. Why does someone always have to come along and ruin everything? Democracy sucks!

I agree. So you're fine putting me in sole charge then. Great!

Supporters

1. Coloredo

Anybody else?

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskermedic View Post
    Both are bad, pot smokers will need more expensive HC later in life which will lead to more debt.
    Much like people who eat fast food and drink alcohol. Oh wait, unless they do it responsibly.