Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Liverpool want to tie up deal for Dempsey before US tour starts next week

Liverpool want to tie up deal for Dempsey before US tour starts next week

Most English papers you have to take with a grain of salt but the deuce to Liverpool has been in all of the papers the past week or so....thus there is probably something to it....he would be a regular at Anfield as they are sorely in need of a consistent goal scorer....the two guys they paid 50M for have been big bust thus far.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...empsey-1138133
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

More:

Multiple reports from England claim that Liverpool is set for a transfer capture of Dempsey in the £7.5 million range that would facilitate his exit from Fulham. Should Dempsey move to Merseyside, he would not get the Champions League soccer for which he has openly expressed his desire, but he would play again in the UEFA Europa League, through Liverpool's Carling Cup triumph.

The reports come after new Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers claimed the club would be making its first signing of the offseason imminently saying, "The reality is we have only made three or four enquiries about players and hopefully can close out one deal this week which will be a real exciting one for the club, one the supporters will absolutely love."

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...-and-more.html

Very good news. I would assume Liverpool wants Dempsey playing in during their US tour, or would there not be enough time to for Dempsey?

That is correct....

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    Very good news. I would assume Liverpool wants Dempsey playing in during their US tour, or would there not be enough time to for Dempsey?

That would be something to see Dempsey playing for Liverpool while they are on tour. I don't know how I feel wanting Dempsey to succeed at Liverpool, because if he does well, so does Liverpool. It was so much easier when he played for Fulham.

Red Shirt
    What happened with the deal with Arsenal? It seemed a week ago or so that he was a lock to go there, now Liverpool is back in it?
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

No idea....the way the trasnfer thing works in England is a mystery....

Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    What happened with the deal with Arsenal? It seemed a week ago or so that he was a lock to go there, now Liverpool is back in it?

Scout Team
    And i think it's smart they tie him up before the US Tour, aren't they owned by a person in the IS. Also, maybe, US players are finally starting to get some recognition with Bradley to Roma, and Dempsey to Liverpool

Yes John Henry who owns the Boston Red Sox....

In England there is still a major stereotype of American players...even from the fan base....so this will help but it is what it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsee View Post
    And i think it's smart they tie him up before the US Tour, aren't they owned by a person in the IS. Also, maybe, US players are finally starting to get some recognition with Bradley to Roma, and Dempsey to Liverpool

Some of the talk in England is Andy Carroll who was a complete 35M pound bust at Liverpool this past season could be going to Fulham in exchange for Dempsey....gets more interesting by the day....

Fulham to offer Clint Dempsey to Liverpool in bid for Andy Carroll

Carroll who Liverpool paid 35M pounds for has been a complete bust for Liverpool....good luck Fulham....you will be lucky to get 10 goals out of him....

The Guardian is one of the legit. papers in England....

Fulham hope to use Liverpool's interest in Clint Dempsey to drive an audacious swap deal for Andy Carroll, which would feature a cash adjustment, as they also completed the free transfer of Hugo Rodallega from Wigan Athletic.

Fulham would have to give Liverpool around £9m on top of Dempsey.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...l-andy-carroll

The longer this drags on I am starting to think this may not happen and he may have to play the 2012-13 season at Fulham....I hope I am wrong....

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers wants to make Clint Dempsey his next buy - but is in a fee wrangle with Fulham for the American.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/p...lorente-071512

LIVERPOOL EYE £8M SWOOP FOR CLINT DEMPSEY

We will find out of this is true or not....that is a nice chunk of change for a 29 year old with one left on his contract....on the otherhand the stereotype of American players is they are cheap to buy....in this case not so much....

Fulham can only bluff for so long as they will lose him on a 'free' after this season.....then again maybe they are okay with that....transfer market in England is a crap shoot most of the time...

LIVERPOOL’S American owners have given the nod for boss Brendan Rodgers to swoop for Clint Dempsey.

John W Henry and Tom Werner would love Rodgers to add Texas-born Dempsey to a revamped attacking set-up – alongside Luis Suarez and new £10.5m hitman Fabio Borini.

And that means the end at Anfield for £35m hitman Andy Carroll – who will discover he has no Kop future in a face-to-face meeting with Rodgers.

That’s why Fulham will hope he’ll consider a switch to Craven Cottage in place of Dempsey, with a 12-month loan a strong possibility.

Fulham want Liverpool to cough up £10m for Dempsey, 29, who has 12 months left on his contract. But Rodgers is confident that he can get his man for £8m.
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/...Clint-Dempsey/

I'm just not sold on this happening....Carroll was one of the biggest waste of $$ spent by a team and I thought so when Liverpool bought him....35M and now they will be lucky to get 10-15M for him....no one is going to touch him for less than that....

Amazing a club is willing to throw away 20M pounds ($36M) after one season if he sells for 15M....and you wonder why soccer in the EPL and Europe in general is such a financial mess....will be interesting to see if this gets done....they should never have paid what they did for him....crazy money...

I suspect Fulham if they sell will get around 7M for Dempsey....

Liverpool have pursued Dempsey for 12 months and have now stepped up their interest in a player whom Brendan Rodgers has privately made clear that he wants to bring to Merseyside.

Fulham value the USA international at £9m but a combination of his age – 29 – and his contract situation – he has just entered the final year of his current deal – mean that they will settle for a fee of around £5m.

Sources have said that Liverpool have not yet made a formal offer for the attacking midfielder and are, indeed, not expected to sign him until Carroll’s future is resolved

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...ffload-carroll-

Dempsey not in squad for Fulham preseason match

Well maybe it will happen after all....transfers in England are always an 'interesting' experience....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dempsey...0358--sow.html

Brendan Rodgers admits Liverpool made Clint Dempsey enquiry

As the plot thickens.... Nice to see an American get so much 'attention' in England....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18886354