Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 HUSKERS reppin' at the London OLYMPICS!

Red Shirt
    Larson won a national title while playing for NU. Ade and Aleks did what??? Also, if you have watched, Jordan has played incredibly well and received numerous accolades from the announcers.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    whatever. It is a good thing all around for Ade and Aleks and you guys choose to dwell on the negatives, guess that's how the world turns these days.
    What negatives? Just saying it's not really historically significant that a couple former NU players are on foreign also-ran basketball teams. Like I said...I'll do a cartwheel if a Nebraska player ever makes the USA basketball team. It's one of the few things that could get me excited about USA basketball. NBA = puke

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NavyWarrant View Post
    Larson won a national title while playing for NU. Ade and Aleks did what??? Also, if you have watched, Jordan has played incredibly well and received numerous accolades from the announcers.
    And plays for the American team. A team that's legit.

Australia and Nigeria are not legit.

pray for me ;)
    Wait, Nebraska has a men's basketball team???
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

All American
    Maric has missed a couple chippies against the US. 19 fouls called in the 1st Q
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ackos View Post
    Maric has missed a couple chippies against the US. 19 fouls called in the 1st Q
    I'm surprised he hasn't played more minutes in the olympics overall. I thought he was doing pretty well playing euro ball.

Heisman

Maric wins Bronze!

Husker Fan

Maric wins Bronze!
    Did he have a sex change?

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Did he have a sex change?
    did you ever compete in the olympics, much less win a medal? no. so i'd suggest you be quiet about this unless you have something nice to say about Aleks' accomplishment.

Junior Varsity
    did you ever compete in the olympics, much less win a medal? no. so i'd suggest you be quiet about this unless you have something nice to say about Aleks' accomplishment.
    I think the Australian women won the bronze. The Australian men are not in it anymore.
    Bronze medal match tomorrow between russia and argentina
    Stay true to your roots.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by 68hskr View Post
    I think the Australian women won the bronze. The Australian men are not in it anymore.
    Bronze medal match tomorrow between russia and argentina
    Whoops read the scores wrong. My apologizes. My point of positiveness for these that competed in the olympics still stand and bils barely even recognizes this much less gives minimal credit to those athletes.

Junior Varsity
    Whoops read the scores wrong. My apologizes. My point of positiveness for these that competed in the olympics still stand and bils barely even recognizes this much less gives minimal credit to those athletes.
    I fully understand where you are coming from. I posted only to let you know. And I agree with your analysis.
    Stay true to your roots.

Husker Fan

Set you up with that one 57...I almost feel bad. Almost. I was curious if the sex change thing would make you verify your interpretation of the results of if you would just get mad. Question answered.

Now, I've already explained to you why I'm not that geeked that a couple former Huskers played for a couple fairly poor basketball teams that made the olympics. When Nebraska produces an AMERICAN olympic basketball player I'll be pretty excited. It's cool that they got to play...but that's about as excited as I can get about it. Sorry you are so butthurt that I'm not as excited as you.

Set you up with that one 57...I almost feel bad. Almost. I was curious if the sex change thing would make you verify your interpretation of the results of if you would just get mad. Question answered.

Now, I've already explained to you why I'm not that geeked that a couple former Huskers played for a couple fairly poor basketball teams that made the olympics. When Nebraska produces an AMERICAN olympic basketball player I'll be pretty excited. It's cool that they got to play...but that's about as excited as I can get about it. Sorry you are so butthurt that I'm not as excited as you.
    I don't know if I would go with butthurt. I share in his frustration that it seems us fans that try to see the glimmer of hope and be excited about BBall just get bludgeoned to death with negativity. Seems the posters I remember in the past don't even come around anymore and I'm assuming that's why. We have a new coach, new facilities, and it's the off season. Can the naysayers let us kool-aid drinkers enjoy it for awhile. You can tell me how right you were all you want in the future.

For what's it's worth, mediocre team or not. Congrats to Alek and Ade, playing for your country has got to be quite an honor.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by hpride1982 View Post
    I don't know if I would go with butthurt. I share in his frustration that it seems us fans that try to see the glimmer of hope and be excited about BBall just get bludgeoned to death with negativity. Seems the posters I remember in the past don't even come around anymore and I'm assuming that's why. We have a new coach, new facilities, and it's the off season. Can the naysayers let us kool-aid drinkers enjoy it for awhile. You can tell me how right you were all you want in the future.

For what's it's worth, mediocre team or not. Congrats to Alek and Ade, playing for your country has got to be quite an honor.
    +1
    Stay true to your roots.

Husker Fan

What on god's green earth does optimism about the future of NU basketball have to do with someone not doing cartwheels about Ade and Maric making the olympics for Nigeria and Australia?

Listen, YAY for them but it's simply not some great achievement for the Nebraska basketball program. It's a nice footnote.

What on god's green earth does optimism about the future of NU basketball have to do with someone not doing cartwheels about Ade and Maric making the olympics for Nigeria and Australia?

Listen, YAY for them but it's simply not some great achievement for the Nebraska basketball program. It's a nice footnote.
    Overall negativity. It's like cancer, it spreads from being pessimistic about everything NU BBall related to shooting down achievements of those involved. I bet if you lived in either of those countries and had the opportunity to rep your country you would feel differently. And the fact that it's never happened before says something regardless. I bet their are a lot of top tier programs who have never had a alum play for U.S. basketball.

Husker Fan

Overall negativity. It's like cancer, it spreads from being pessimistic about everything NU BBall related to shooting down achievements of those involved. I bet if you lived in either of those countries and had the opportunity to rep your country you would feel differently. And the fact that it's never happened before says something regardless. I bet their are a lot of top tier programs who have never had a alum play for U.S. basketball.
    I'm sure I would. But I don't. So I don't.

I'm sure Ade and Maric are proud. And they should be. It's a great honor. But I simply don't see where it's a big deal as far as Nebraska is concerned. It doesn't say anything about the Nebraska basketball program. I will say this....if they were CURRENT players it would mean more because it would mean they spent a good part of their summer playing against some really good competition.

Habitual Line Crosser
    lololololololololol

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here