Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 HUSKERS reppin' at the London OLYMPICS!

Husker Fan

When Nebraska has a player on the USA Olympic team that will be something. A player making the Nigerian team...well...there are literally hundreds of college players that could make the Nigerian national team. Nigerian basketball is about as significant as Jamaican bobsledding. Ade's a nice player so props to him. But it's not significant as it relates to NU.

Back on subject, I see Ade played 17min which was the 7th most for his team and scored 6 points. His percentage is pretty low but hopefully he does better.

Maric on the other hand only played 7min is a loss and only scored two points.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    When Nebraska has a player on the USA Olympic team that will be something. A player making the Nigerian team...well...there are literally hundreds of college players that could make the Nigerian national team. Nigerian basketball is about as significant as Jamaican bobsledding. Ade's a nice player so props to him. But it's not significant as it relates to NU.
    Yep.

Husker Fan

whatever. It is a good thing all around for Ade and Aleks and you guys choose to dwell on the negatives, guess that's how the world turns these days.

Husker Immortal
    don't think much of the Olympics but to make a national team is pretty neat. Congrats to all.

Red Shirt
    Larson won a national title while playing for NU. Ade and Aleks did what??? Also, if you have watched, Jordan has played incredibly well and received numerous accolades from the announcers.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    whatever. It is a good thing all around for Ade and Aleks and you guys choose to dwell on the negatives, guess that's how the world turns these days.
    What negatives? Just saying it's not really historically significant that a couple former NU players are on foreign also-ran basketball teams. Like I said...I'll do a cartwheel if a Nebraska player ever makes the USA basketball team. It's one of the few things that could get me excited about USA basketball. NBA = puke

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NavyWarrant View Post
    Larson won a national title while playing for NU. Ade and Aleks did what??? Also, if you have watched, Jordan has played incredibly well and received numerous accolades from the announcers.
    And plays for the American team. A team that's legit.

Australia and Nigeria are not legit.

pray for me ;)
    Wait, Nebraska has a men's basketball team???
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

All American
    Maric has missed a couple chippies against the US. 19 fouls called in the 1st Q
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ackos View Post
    Maric has missed a couple chippies against the US. 19 fouls called in the 1st Q
    I'm surprised he hasn't played more minutes in the olympics overall. I thought he was doing pretty well playing euro ball.

Husker Fan

Maric wins Bronze!

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    Maric wins Bronze!
    Did he have a sex change?

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Did he have a sex change?
    did you ever compete in the olympics, much less win a medal? no. so i'd suggest you be quiet about this unless you have something nice to say about Aleks' accomplishment.