Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Bubba Starling's Big Night

Red Shirt

Bubba Starling's Big Night

Bubba hit two home runs and drove in six runs in his first Minor League game ( July 3rd) with the Burlington NC Royals.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

All Legend
    Good for him! Sure would like to have seen him wearing shoulder pads and a Red N on his helmet though.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Husker Fan

Thought I read he was 0-5 with something like 3 ks in his first real game...

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    Good for him! Sure would like to have seen him wearing shoulder pads and a Red N on his helmet though.
    Forget football, I would have liked to see him roaming around Center at Hawks.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Thought I read he was 0-5 with something like 3 ks in his first real game...
    According to Burlington's website, he did in fact strikeout 3 times, with one walk and scoring a run. He seems to be learning the hard way about the balance between striking out and hitting it hard.

8 man footbal alum
    So far it looks like Bubba hits for power and strikes out a fair amount of the time. Check out the link and the stats from the MLB Prospect Watch:

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/#list=kc
    "Gentlemen, this is a football" - Coach Lombardi
    "Winning isn't everything here at Nebraska as Coach Devaney used to say...but we do rate it right up there with oxygen." - Johnny Rodgers

Husker Fan

Maybe he'll be our OSU version of Weeden??? Or...what was that FSU's Chris Weinke?

Message Board Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    Bubba hit two home runs and drove in six runs in his first Minor League game ( July 3rd) with the Burlington NC Royals.
    thanks for sharing. According to MILB site, Bubba'a first game was June 28. He did in fact hit two home runs and drive in six, on July 2.

Junior Varsity
    He has a .323 average through 8 games........................not bad.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    I was hoping he'd go 0-fer with a bunch of errors; enough to look at changing sports.

baseball forum??

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    baseball forum??
    I think either forum is very appropriate since he definitely had a football connection.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)