Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 135

Thread: Question for conservatives/republicans.

  1. #41
    Junior Varsity
    HuZkurZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    A thousand thousand times worse. I would love to see a debate between Biden and Bachmann. He would chew her up and spit her out.
    It would be a close debate. Once it was over and fact checkers sorted through all of Biden's false facts she would be the clear winner and I think she's a dolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Most VP candidates don't do much to deliver votes in November, but can have the potential to lose votes. The Hypocrats (with considerable assistance from the media) have been adhering closely to Saul Alinsky's rules to mitigate potential damage from their opponents by effectively ridiculing all conservative candidates, but especially conservative women, starting with Palen and then Bachmann and Haley. As a result, the Romney ticket will be unlikely to pick a woman and will stay in the middle of the road, whomever they choose. Romney is like a golfer going into the 18th hole with a three stroke lead. He's going to play it safe.

    Right. It's the Democrats fault that certain popular conservative women candidates are loopy and ill suited for the highest public offices.

    I thought Republicans were all about personal responsibility? How about giving us a decent choice instead of crying in your beer.

    And at least Democrats cloak their criticism in comedy -- pretty easy to distinguish (MSNBC aside, and it's not as if anybody watches that channel anyway). Faux News etc. presents theirs as legitimate news.

  3. #43
    Society Crazy Indeed
    Pops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    45,551
    your guy is dumber, no way, your guy is ....you're an idiot, no you are!
    and we wonder why we end up with the people we do


    I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

  4. #44
    Junior Varsity
    MyBraska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    behind enemy lines in Boulder County
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Right. It's the Democrats fault that certain popular conservative women candidates are loopy and ill suited for the highest public offices.
    Loopy and ill-suited are certainly opinions, not facts. Your mental template of what is good and proper is not everyone's - including mine. And of course, the Left really wants to help out the Right by finding the best candidate to run against. I'd think the Left would be begging for Bachmann if she's so terrible, not suggesting she be left off the ticket.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

  5. #45
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Loopy and ill-suited are certainly opinions, not facts. Your mental template of what is good and proper is not everyone's - including mine. And of course, the Left really wants to help out the Right by finding the best candidate to run against. I'd think the Left would be begging for Bachmann if she's so terrible, not suggesting she be left off the ticket.
    On the other hand, if you ask for something and end up getting it, you have nobody to blame for it but yourself. So there's that.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Loopy and ill-suited are certainly opinions, not facts. Your mental template of what is good and proper is not everyone's - including mine. And of course, the Left really wants to help out the Right by finding the best candidate to run against. I'd think the Left would be begging for Bachmann if she's so terrible, not suggesting she be left off the ticket.
    Palin and Bachmann are loopy and ill suited. There's little disagreement on this, even among a lot of Republicans. Rice, though I don't like her, is not. Palin and Bachmann have been lambasted, deservedly so. The left has been kinder to Rice. Though she's endured her share of criticism, it's been more policy driven.

  7. #47
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    65,493
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Palin and Bachmann are loopy and ill suited. There's little disagreement on this, even among a lot of Republicans. Rice, though I don't like her, is not. Palin and Bachmann have been lambasted, deservedly so. The left has been kinder to Rice. Though she's endured her share of criticism, it's been more policy driven.
    If he were to pick a woman as VP on the ticket, I think Rice has a far better chance than Bachmann......but he will pick Rubio in the end.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."




  8. #48
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    While I'm not a fan of anyone being discussed here I do think Condi Rice could be an interesting choice, although I still think a Bush 2 association is not something the Republican Party is overjoyed about. It was a mere 4 years ago that he left office under a considerable collection of dark clouds. That said, she's an accomplished woman, well educated, African American...definitely some positive attributes to bring to the ticket.

    Bachmann is a joke and the response of most conservatives on this thread to that effect is heartening.

  9. #49
    Junior Varsity
    MyBraska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    behind enemy lines in Boulder County
    Posts
    6,196
    I really admire Rice - and she gets called an "Aunt Thomasina" by the Blacks on the Left for not being a Liberal (same for "Uncle Tom" Colin Powell before he went over to the other side and then they embraced him). Rice has said many times that she has no interest in running for office. Looking at the insanity of a national campaign, the vicious public attacks on the candidates and their families (even moreso with today's online bloggers), and the intrusive media hounds, she has ample reasons to stay above the fray. Seems to me that only leaves the less intelligent power-hungry egomaniacs who are willing to throw their hats into the ring. Great system!

    The "fact" that many consider Bachmann loopy doesn't in itself make it true. The Left is welcome to their opinion. They wouldn't vote for her regardless, as they also wouldn't vote for Rice.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

  10. #50
    Scout Team
    Lakewood Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    lakewood,ca
    Posts
    4,267
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    If he were to pick a woman as VP on the ticket, I think Rice has a far better chance than Bachmann......but he will pick Rubio in the end.
    I don't think it will be Rubio (quite frankly I am tired of US senators) Portman seems to be the guy

  11. #51
    All Legend
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    16,636
    Quote Originally Posted by scoffey View Post
    NYT says that ABC News says that the only female to have been vetted thus far by Team Mitt is Kelly Ayotte. She along with Rob Portman, Pawlenty, and Ryan. No Rubio yet. Sorry, no links...
    In response to that report 3 weeks ago, Romney said Rubio is being vetted

    Link: http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...ed-126681.html


    Doesn't really mean he's being considered. I have no idea if he is or not, but I'm skeptical of any reports in the press at this point.

  12. #52
    All Legend
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    16,636
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    If he were to pick a woman as VP on the ticket, I think Rice has a far better chance than Bachmann......but he will pick Rubio in the end.
    I think Rice would be a good choice in terms of competence. The reality of identity politics, though, suggest to me she would be less helpful overall than Rubio. The Hispanic vote is very much in play now and going forward. It would be good for Republicans to steal a march on Dems on this issue. I don't know that the black vote is really as much in play. But I have to admit, I haven't seen any polling on it. Maybe it is.

  13. #53
    SuperFan
    Formo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,699
    Don't care. Romney is Obama 2.0. Just like Obama was Bush 2.0. We aren't getting anything better with this election.
    SKI-U-MAH!


  14. #54
    pray for me ;)
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    42,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    Don't care. Romney is Obama 2.0. Just like Obama was Bush 2.0. We aren't getting anything better with this election.
    Nope. You are exactly right. Vote Gary Johnson.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

  15. #55
    I'd have a menage a trois with Bachmann and Palin.

    Even I'm willing to reach across the aisle.

  16. #56
    Big 12 Champs
    FeelLikeAStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Hardscratch Springs
    Posts
    27,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    I'd have a menage a trois with Bachmann and Palin.

    Even I'm willing to reach across the aisle.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10


  17. #57
    Cornhusker since 1969
    Nebraska1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    5,171
    If Mittens would pick Michelle Bachmann, I don't think I would ever stop smiling.

    Please Willard, pick the lady with the crazy eyes!

  18. #58
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I think Rice would be a good choice in terms of competence. The reality of identity politics, though, suggest to me she would be less helpful overall than Rubio. The Hispanic vote is very much in play now and going forward. It would be good for Republicans to steal a march on Dems on this issue. I don't know that the black vote is really as much in play. But I have to admit, I haven't seen any polling on it. Maybe it is.
    Be careful about lumping together all of the Hispanic voting blocs. Rubio is Cuban American, not Mexican American or (pardon my own clumsy lumping) South American, and while us white folk think that's all one in the same, the various groups mentioned see differences and don't assume a Cuban Tea Party member represents them all by a long shot.

    And not to belabor the point, but Bachmann is a highly problematic candidate and she would definitely help sink the GOP ticket, make no mistake.

  19. #59
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,596
    I have mentioned that before in this forum so I agree of course...I'm not sure the Hispanic vote is that much in play either, with Romney as the candiate, and some of the stands he has taken....

    Bachman is 'interesting'....


    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Be careful about lumping together all of the Hispanic voting blocs. Rubio is Cuban American, not Mexican American or (pardon my own clumsy lumping) South American, and while us white folk think that's all one in the same, the various groups mentioned see differences and don't assume a Cuban Tea Party member represents them all by a long shot.

    And not to belabor the point, but Bachmann is a highly problematic candidate and she would definitely help sink the GOP ticket, make no mistake.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  20. #60
    Junior Varsity
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska1 View Post
    If Mittens would pick Michelle Bachmann, I don't think I would ever stop smiling.

    Please Willard, pick the lady with the crazy eyes!
    The one that can see Russia from her backyard or the one that doesn't know which camera to look into?
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •