Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for conservatives/republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Let's all keep in mind just how harmless the Vice President actually is.

And is Bachmann really worse than Biden?
    I would say significantly so. Biden has a missing filter between his brain and his mouth, but he's a bright guy, and his politics are mainstream, probably more so than his boss. Bachmann, on the other hand, is pretty far to the right of the conservative mainstream.

In any event, the odds of Romney picking Bachman are roughly equal to the odds of his picking me.

I still think that Rubio is by far the most logical pick.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Intellectual Patriot
    Difference between Bachmann and Biden.

Everyone has drank around someone like Biden, no one wants to be near Bachmann when drunk.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

The only thing better would be if he announced Sarah Palin would be his Secretary of State.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    The only thing better would be if he announced Sarah Palin would be his Secretary of State.
    The only thing better would be if he announced Sarah Palin would be his secretary.

This would be OK.

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Let's all keep in mind just how harmless the Vice President actually is.

And is Bachmann really worse than Biden?
    A thousand thousand times worse. I would love to see a debate between Biden and Bachmann. He would chew her up and spit her out.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Party like it's 1985!
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilLongfellow View Post
    Republicans just need someone that can deliver the South. Doesn't matter who it is.

To Add: Michelle Bachman is not that someone.
    Deliver the south? Are there even any southern states that aren't already 'delivered' to Romney by virtue of 'black and Democrat' being "worse" than 'white, but Mormon' to the average Bible-belter?

The only "southern" states in play seem to be Florida...again...and Virginia, with an outside chance at NC.

It would appear he would do best to pick someone that could deliver the rust belt.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/electoral-map
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

NYT says that ABC News says that the only female to have been vetted thus far by Team Mitt is Kelly Ayotte. She along with Rob Portman, Pawlenty, and Ryan. No Rubio yet. Sorry, no links...

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    As a registered democrat that would vote for Romney, don't pick a candidate that can hurt you. I would definitely put Bachman in that category. From a policy perspective the upper hand would still be there, but one would have to think of if something happened to the president and she would get the promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I would say significantly so. Biden has a missing filter between his brain and his mouth, but he's a bight guy, and his politics are mainstream, probably more so than his boss. Bachmann, on the other hand, is pretty far to the right of the conservative mainstream.

In any event, the odds of Romney picking Bachman are roughly equal to the odds of his picking me.

I still think that Rubio is by far the most logical pick.
    I didn't even know you were being vetted, Chi! Congratulations.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Intellectual Patriot
    NIPPON GAKKI!!!!!!!!!
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Junior Varsity
    Most VP candidates don't do much to deliver votes in November, but can have the potential to lose votes. The Hypocrats (with considerable assistance from the media) have been adhering closely to Saul Alinsky's rules to mitigate potential damage from their opponents by effectively ridiculing all conservative candidates, but especially conservative women, starting with Palen and then Bachmann and Haley. As a result, the Romney ticket will be unlikely to pick a woman and will stay in the middle of the road, whomever they choose. Romney is like a golfer going into the 18th hole with a three stroke lead. He's going to play it safe.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    A thousand thousand times worse. I would love to see a debate between Biden and Bachmann. He would chew her up and spit her out.
    It would be a close debate. Once it was over and fact checkers sorted through all of Biden's false facts she would be the clear winner and I think she's a dolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Most VP candidates don't do much to deliver votes in November, but can have the potential to lose votes. The Hypocrats (with considerable assistance from the media) have been adhering closely to Saul Alinsky's rules to mitigate potential damage from their opponents by effectively ridiculing all conservative candidates, but especially conservative women, starting with Palen and then Bachmann and Haley. As a result, the Romney ticket will be unlikely to pick a woman and will stay in the middle of the road, whomever they choose. Romney is like a golfer going into the 18th hole with a three stroke lead. He's going to play it safe.

Right. It's the Democrats fault that certain popular conservative women candidates are loopy and ill suited for the highest public offices.

I thought Republicans were all about personal responsibility? How about giving us a decent choice instead of crying in your beer.

And at least Democrats cloak their criticism in comedy -- pretty easy to distinguish (MSNBC aside, and it's not as if anybody watches that channel anyway). Faux News etc. presents theirs as legitimate news.

Society Crazy Indeed
    your guy is dumber, no way, your guy is ....you're an idiot, no you are!
    and we wonder why we end up with the people we do

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Right. It's the Democrats fault that certain popular conservative women candidates are loopy and ill suited for the highest public offices.
    Loopy and ill-suited are certainly opinions, not facts. Your mental template of what is good and proper is not everyone's - including mine. And of course, the Left really wants to help out the Right by finding the best candidate to run against. I'd think the Left would be begging for Bachmann if she's so terrible, not suggesting she be left off the ticket.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Loopy and ill-suited are certainly opinions, not facts. Your mental template of what is good and proper is not everyone's - including mine. And of course, the Left really wants to help out the Right by finding the best candidate to run against. I'd think the Left would be begging for Bachmann if she's so terrible, not suggesting she be left off the ticket.
    On the other hand, if you ask for something and end up getting it, you have nobody to blame for it but yourself. So there's that.