Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for conservatives/republicans.

Party like it's 1985!
    That would be beautiful for Obama. She's a certifiable wack-a-loon.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Let's all keep in mind just how harmless the Vice President actually is.

And is Bachmann really worse than Biden?
    10 times worse.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    I suppose an intelligent conservative woman WOULD seem worse to those on the left. I consider Biden to be more dangerous because he is generally a buffoon that is likely to trip over his tricycle and accidentally push the wrong button with his clown nose.

Society Crazy Indeed
    I suppose an intelligent conservative woman WOULD seem worse to those on the left. I consider Biden to be more dangerous because he is generally a buffoon that is likely to trip over his tricycle and accidentally push the wrong button with his clown nose.

This is Bachmann you're talking about right?

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Intellectual Patriot
    Could we call her husband the second lady?
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

All Big 10
    Let's all keep in mind just how harmless the Vice President actually is.

And is Bachmann really worse than Biden?
    It is a legitimate complaint by conservatives that Obamacare suffered in that there wasn't really an large consensus to create such a large, new social program. Dems pushed it through simply because they could.

Isn't it reasonable then, in a similar way, to ask a party not to put into the Presidency a candidate who's social views are strong and around which there isn't really a large consensus, and for whom her sole claim to fame is expressing those views in a strong way?

Your defense that she is only VP is relevant, and unlike with Palin, I don't immediately say that even on the risk that she could become President would I have to switch my vote. Unlike Palin, whose merely average intelligence and doctrinaire views I think potentially could have put the country into danger had she become President, I don't think Bachman makes the ticket unacceptable. But I would have to think out it.

I want Rubio.

Party like it's 1985!
    An "intelligent conservative woman" would be worse for the 'left', politically. Fortunately, Bachmann wouldn't qualify due to the first adjective.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    10 times worse.

LOL at your e-card

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    It is a legitimate complaint by conservatives that Obamacare suffered in that there wasn't really an large consensus to create such a large, new social program. Dems pushed it through simply because they could.

Isn't it reasonable then, in a similar way, to ask a party not to put into the Presidency a candidate who's social views are strong and around which there isn't really a large consensus, and for whom her sole claim to fame is expressing those views in a strong way?

Your defense that she is only VP is relevant, and unlike with Palin, I don't immediately say that even on the risk that she could become President would I have to switch my vote. Unlike Palin, whose merely average intelligence and doctrinaire views I think potentially could have put the country into danger had she become President, I don't think Bachman makes the ticket unacceptable. But I would have to think out it.

I want Rubio.
    Me too.

Travel Squad
    ...such anger. It is almost as if you just figured out that the Bachmanns accepted more than $300k in government farm subsidies and that she is as big of a hypocrite as there is in Washington!
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    Could we call her husband the second lady?

You're mean in a really clever way. Keep up the good work.

Might as well, just to make the race interesting. Romney has no chance anyway.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    ...such anger. It is almost as if you just figured out that the Bachmanns accepted more than $300k in government farm subsidies and that she is as big of a hypocrite as there is in Washington!
    almost....

Scout Team
    As a registered democrat that would vote for Romney, don't pick a candidate that can hurt you. I would definitely put Bachman in that category. From a policy perspective the upper hand would still be there, but one would have to think of if something happened to the president and she would get the promotion.

"When you turn 9-9-9 over you know what you get." Please spare us from that.

Republicans just need someone that can deliver the South. Doesn't matter who it is.

To Add: Michelle Bachman is not that someone.