Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is next one "N" and when?

Scout Team
    The longer Stanton waits the more i'm worried.. I hope Wisky didn't pull the ol "early playing time" card

Stanton is a standup kid....he won't play games....think we will know something soon and I think he is ours to lose....

Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    The longer Stanton waits the more i'm worried.. I hope Wisky didn't pull the ol "early playing time" card
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Scout Team
    Johnny Stanton would have the chance to start 4-years at Nebraska after a redshirt. After Martinez leaves following the '13 season, Stanton will have every chance in the world to compete with Brion Carnes and Tommy Armstrong for the vacant starting job.

Yes and its coming soon....

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Johnny Stanton would have the chance to start 4-years at Nebraska after a redshirt. After Martinez leaves following the '13 season, Stanton will have every chance in the world to compete with Brion Carnes and Tommy Armstrong for the vacant starting job.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Stanton is a standup kid....he won't play games....think we will know something soon and I think he is ours to lose....
    I hope your correct, I don't want to be scrambling too much. . You always have a way of calming me down... Thanks

Nate Clouse@NateClouse@SStone13 Stanton doesn't have a set date for an announcement at this time.

Red Shirt
    Nate Clouse@NateClouse@SStone13 Stanton doesn't have a set date for an announcement at this time.

He wants to tie it up soon as he is aware how central a QB is too a recruiting class....so I would not read too much into that...also has the Elite 11 competition coming up in 10 days, so has alot on his mind I'm sure....

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post

Red Shirt
    He wants to tie it up soon as he is aware how central a QB is too a recruiting class....so I would not read too much into that...also has the Elite 11 competition coming up in 10 days, so has alot on his mind I'm sure....
    I don't think setting or announcing a specific date is really necessary. When he makes up his mind and is ready to tell the world he will. I was just hoping that it was today.

I honestly have no clue....the Stanton family has handled it right....close to the vest....in my mind the way it should be....when your ready your ready....

I don't think setting or announcing a specific date is really necessary. When he makes up his mind and is ready to tell the world he will. I was just hoping that it was today.

All Legend
    We pull the "early playing time card" all the time too. I imagine that most of the kids hear that you can come in and compete for a position from day one from every program that's recruiting them.

Now the kid may be smart enough to look through the rosters, see who's there now and who'll be gone by the time he gets there and figure out for himself if he'll be able to start early or will have to wait for a seasoned vet to graduate.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    No doubt. And, they'll all start with nearly the same amount of rep's.

Gabby Miller our LS got his 2-star on Rivals....for a kicker/punter/LS that is like a 4 or 5 star at anyother position...

Red Shirt
    Stanton , with Hannon not far behind. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    1 down and 1 to go.

God I admire you.
    Sandland or Hannon. At this point, I'm thinking Hannon goes to Arkansas...
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

I'm leaning that way on Hannon too...and honestly its baffling to me why....an interm coach and a program in disaray....kids are kids though....

Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    Sandland or Hannon. At this point, I'm thinking Hannon goes to Arkansas...

Scout Team
    Mathis

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by bucktril View Post
    Mathis
    Well, wouldn't that be sweet...

Won't announce until one of the All-Star games in January....

Quote Originally Posted by bucktril View Post
    Mathis

Harlow is down to Nebraska and Oregon State so perhaps this will push him over the top.... Nice offer sheet too....almost all of the PAC 12, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Boise State....a kid who is really starting to breakout in recruiting circles....

Nate Clouse@NateClouse#Nebraska QB commit Johnny Stanton will recruit other SoCal #Husker targets. Plans to have lunch with San Clemente OL Sean Harlow tomorrow.