Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Beckham behaving badly

Beckham behaving badly

He gets away with alot and this MLS is going to have to do what is right....or maybe not....

In case you missed it, Beckham kicked not one, but two balls at San Jose midfielder Sam Cronin while Cronin lay on the ground after a collision late in the LA Galaxy’s eventual 4-3 loss to the Earthquakes. The second kicked ball struck Cronin, and sparked a tussle that marred what had been an exciting and memorable game.

There was no denying that Beckham set out to hit Cronin, having struck him after missing with his first attempt to deliver a laser shot from the sidelines of Stanford Stadium to the six-yard box, where Cronin lay.

It doesn’t take having a psychology degree to know that Beckham was frustrated and lost his cool after watching Galaxy blow another lead just days after his Olympic dreams were dashed when he wasn’t chosen to be a part of the Great Britain Soccer team.

You could see how that might have had Beckham on edge, but that is still no excuse for Beckham’s behavior. That being said, his tantrum may have simply been written off to having a bad week, but the fact is Beckham has let his temper get the best of him before in MLS, and he has almost always gotten away with it.

Ugly tackles that would earn other players red cards? Check. Flagrant verbal abuse of referees that often goes ignored by officials who would be quick to eject other players for similar behavior? Check. Public criticism of referees ignored by a league that has never been shy about fining players and coaches for that very behavior? Check.
    Much more here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/m...alarcep-070212
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

In the clip I saw Cronin must not have been in that much pain, because he popped up pretty quickly, without a hint of struggling, after Beckham hit him. I actually liked it. I wish more guys would show a little emotion like Beckham did, when a guy is obviously milking the clock at the end of a game.

Beckham gets a free pass in MLS for alot of the crap he does....

Brk Shea did the same thing a month or so back and got a 4 game ban....

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    In the clip I saw Cronin must not have been in that much pain, because he popped up pretty quickly, without a hint of struggling, after Beckham hit him. I actually liked it. I wish more guys would show a little emotion like Beckham did, when a guy is obviously milking the clock at the end of a game.

Recruit

that's the first thing i thought too....."wow, Cronin sure looks like an idiot for acting like he was in so much pain, but sure got up pretty quick".....

Beckham needs to be disciplined for sure, but it was pretty hilarious....And I liked one of the comments I saw someone post in the comments section of I think it was an ESPN video: David Beckham, Accuracy: 99
    "There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it. " - Nicky Santoro

"All things end badly, or else they wouldn't end. " - Brian Flanagan

I'm not saying Beckham shouldn't be punished, he should be. I think Cronin should also see a little punishment from MLS, since it was painfully obvious he was acting injured. If guys start losing money, and playing time for acting like they are injured, maybe the practice won't be as common.

Beckham has gotten away with alot of stuff in MLS...not alot of diving in MLS....you have to watch the Spanish or Mexican La Liga for that...

I'm not saying Beckham shouldn't be punished, he should be. I think Cronin should also see a little punishment from MLS, since it was painfully obvious he was acting injured. If guys start losing money, and playing time for acting like they are injured, maybe the practice won't be as common.

Husker Fan

That's probably the game's biggest black eye...players flopping around like they've just been gored when they were barely touched.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    That's probably the game's biggest black eye...players flopping around like they've just been gored when they were barely touched.
    100% true. I love the sport. But I hear a lot of people complain about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Beckham has gotten away with alot of stuff in MLS...not alot of diving in MLS....you have to watch the Spanish or Mexican La Liga for that...
    Can't watch La Liga, and can barely stand Serie A for all the flopping they do.

Italy is not as bad.....Portugal and Spain are the worst in Europe....but yeah agree....Ronaldo hurt himself in England because of his diving...in the end he was not even getting pure PKs because the refs would not buy it...

Can't watch La Liga, and can barely stand Serie A for all the flopping they do.