Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This says it all

Thumbs up This says it all

This says it all:

Michael Bruntz@michaelbruntzWith four linebackers in the 2012 class and three already (rated 90 or better by 247Sports) in 2013, Nebraska is building scary LB depth.

Heck of a job by this coaching staff on the recruiting trail...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Nate Clouse@NateClouse#Nebraska has now secured three commitments from players who attended their Big Red Weekend. Nate Gerry, Gabe Miller, and now Marcus Newby.

Red Shirt
    I would say BRW was a huge success.

Red Shirt
    Will they take Tyrone Ward for more depth? Can NEVER have enough depth look at Fisher and Compton both going down a week before the first game last year.
    If everyone remains healthy and it's not necessary to use freshman Michael Rose the Husker future at LB looks great.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Honestly my friend hard to say at this point...no offer yet so if they do it will be a late add if room still is there....

Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    Will they take Tyrone Ward for more depth? Can NEVER have enough depth look at Fisher and Compton both going down a week before the first game last year.
    If everyone remains healthy and it's not necessary to use freshman Michael Rose the Husker future at LB looks great.

I think it just became an annual event in Lincoln...

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    I would say BRW was a huge success.

Scout Team
    BRW... It's proving to be a real bonified tool to show beyond football what NU has to offer to these kids.

There's still a chance Fisher could be back next year too.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    I think if Claiborne comes on board with this class and then the class we got last year, we may have to pass. There is a far less percentage of these 2 LB classes swinging and missing and we may be better served pulling another player in at another position so that we don't swing and miss there.

That being said, I wouldn't be upset if we pull in arguably one of the best JUCO LBs in the country and add even more depth and preserve redshirts.

Scout Team
    Grab another stud LB and if for some reason we need some help at DE we move someone.

I'm with SSO - If we pull Claiborne, I think the LB position is done. Honestly? Even if we don't pull him, we may be done. Newby, Banderas, and Love are an excellent group.

Travel Squad
    Anyone concerned that we are sacrificing the best aspects of our unique defense to compete in a conference whose style isn't competitive nationally?
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Anyone concerned that we are sacrificing the best aspects of our unique defense to compete in a conference whose style isn't competitive nationally?
    No because we need to be able to play with 3 LBs to compete nationally.

And we aren't necessarily sacrificing.

Red Shirt
    IMO the Peso was designed to get more speed and playmakers on the field. If we have the right LB's we will be just fine in a normal 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    IMO the Peso was designed to get more speed and playmakers on the field. If we have the right LB's we will be just fine in a normal 4-3.
    We went to the PESO, IMO, for 3 reasons.
    A. Our linebacking talent and depth was terrible. We had Dillard (09) and David (10) but that was it.
    B. We faced a bunch of spread the field, wide-open offenses in the Big 12
    C. We had two very good and very unique players in Hagg and Gomes that could allow us to be very creative defensively.