Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quiz: What does the U.S. have in common with the following countries?

Society Crazy Indeed
    Bad people do bad things and there are consequences...

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

That is pretty amazing.

Only two countries on the list are largely christian.

And if you look at it in terms of % of inhabitants executed, Alabama comes in 8th and Mississippi 10th in 2010 stats.

Texas, with 17 executions in 2010, would be tied with Syria at #8 on the "hit" parade.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...5&title=USA_46

http://ourtimes.wordpress.com/2009/0...tions-in-2008/

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Bad people do bad things and there are consequences...
    You mean like drug offenders in Iran?

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/...ly_500_drug_of

Travel Squad
    I look forward to the day when the Pro-life crowd is ALSO anti-capital punishment.

And vociferously defends the taking of life at both ends of the spectrum.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    I look forward to the day when the Pro-life crowd is ALSO anti-capital punishment.

"The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Of course, I also look forward to the day that people who are anti-capital punishment see the value of defending innocent human life at the beginning of the spectrum in addition to the generally evil human beings they are defending at the other end of the spectrum.

In any event, your point is well-taken. People should consistently defend the sanctity of life in all its forms, and should abhor the taking of human life whenever it occurs. Which is why I am both pro-life on abortion and anti-capital punishment.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Of course, I also look forward to the day that people who are anti-capital punishment see the value of defending innocent human life at the beginning of the spectrum in addition to the generally evil human beings they are defending at the other end of the spectrum.

In any event, your point is well-taken. People should consistently defend the sanctity of life in all its forms, and should abhor the taking of human life whenever it occurs. Which is why I am both pro-life on abortion and anti-capital punishment.
    Completely consistent position that I can support and respect.

I think the nation could collectively arrive at a pretty good compromise that would put both issues to bed if not for politicians needing the wedge issues.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

I think the nation could collectively arrive at a pretty good compromise that would put both issues to bed if not for politicians needing the wedge issues.
    That's so true of many issues in this country.

Seems like that sentiment applies to a little bit more than just abortion and the death penalty.

And by "a little bit", I mean every issue ever.

That's so true of many issues in this country.
    Beat me to it.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    You mean like drug offenders in Iran?

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/...ly_500_drug_of

yes just like that

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Yeah, this is pretty traditional Catholic position.

Society Crazy Indeed

I'm pro choice and pro capital punishment ....so i can defend both side of the spectrum