Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marcus Newby is N!!!

All Big 10
    Welcome to Nebraska, Mr. Newby. Glad to have you.

Go Big Red!!!!

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    I hope he goes pre-med so someday we can call him Marcus Newby, MD.
    I'm glad you made that joke. I was afraid I would have to.

All American

LB was a huge priority for this class. I think we can start to say "Mission Accomplished!"

Interesting that we have yet another Rivals 4* non-250 player. There are not that many each year yet we always seem to corner the market on them.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerInOkieland View Post
    LB was a huge priority for this class. I think we can start to say "Mission Accomplished!"

Interesting that we have yet another Rivals 4* non-250 player. There are not that many each year yet we always seem to corner the market on them.
    Funny how that works...

They must know they are coming to Nebraska....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    Good get for Nebraska. Impressive to see Bo and co out recruit PSU, VT, and OU
    +1

Blackshirt

Looks like there are about 68 4-star recruits that are not in the Rivals top 250. There are a total of 301 4 stars right now and 17 5-stars. So one of every 4.5 4-star recruits gets left out of the top 250. We have 4 4-star recruits so it would be completely logical that one of them would be outside the list. Having 2 outside the list wouldn't be surprizing given our recruiting territory, which as we all know is somewhat less closely scrutinized than the heavily populated areas. I don't believe this is conspiritorial in any way, though many here seem to believe it is. More likely, it is just representative of a less than perfect system of rating. Do we really care? Might it actually help us get kids that might be more heavily pursued if they were rated higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Looks like there are about 68 4-star recruits that are not in the Rivals top 250. There are a total of 301 4 stars right now and 17 5-stars. So one of every 4.5 4-star recruits gets left out of the top 250. We have 4 4-star recruits so it would be completely logical that one of them would be outside the list. Having 2 outside the list wouldn't be surprizing given our recruiting territory, which as we all know is somewhat less closely scrutinized than the heavily populated areas. I don't believe this is conspiritorial in any way, though many here seem to believe it is. More likely, it is just representative of a less than perfect system of rating. Do we really care? Might it actually help us get kids that might be more heavily pursued if they were rated higher?
    Yes it does! ... wait, am I agreeing with you? Let me read that again...... hmmmm...hmmmmmm... well, yes by golly, I think I understand what your saying. I have thot that about the recruiting services and how our recruits get star ratings etc, and you actually said it better than I could have. Bravo! ... now, my tummy don't feel so good.... be back later.. GO BIG RED GFOA!!!

Recruit
    Welcome aboard Marcus!

Another solid kid who knows football!

NU=LB-U
    GBR

Red Shirt
    Cambridge Ontario Canada And Wintering in Arizona
    Yeeeeesss!! Welcome Marcus, Watched RR's posted video hilites and Demorrio Williams springs to mind. Can't wait to see this class of linebackers lead us to some championships. GBR
    I've got a fever, and the prescription is more cowbell

Varsity
    Welcome Newby!!! I would still like to see that JUCO join this class if we have room. You can never have too much talent at that position in the B1G
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Husker Immortal
    liking this better and better

All American
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    You nailed it.
    [television commercial] Hi, I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't cheer for Big Red, then f-*bleep* you.