Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASCAR at Kentucky

Red Shirt
    Hey MJ, did you see the interview with Bruton Smith re: "halftimes" for Nascar? Its his opinion that Nascar needs more 'breaks' or cautions to bunch the field up more so you don't get like what happened in the Nationwide race with a 10 second win and 115ish consecutive green flag laps. I have to admit he is dead on with needing to keep things more interesting, but I think the way you do that is make the tires wear faster and/or put smaller fuel cells in the cars... Nascar already does a terrible job with cautions by killing off valuable racing laps, especially late in races, so I don't think that's the answer.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Varsity
    Almost everyone gained on me this week as I had poor performances from several drivers:

J.Johnson - 6th (my only top ten guy)
    Bowyer - 16th
    Almirola - 26th
    Newman - 34th

I could have started Earnhardt (4th) and Truex (8th)...

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    Hey MJ, did you see the interview with Bruton Smith re: "halftimes" for Nascar? Its his opinion that Nascar needs more 'breaks' or cautions to bunch the field up more so you don't get like what happened in the Nationwide race with a 10 second win and 115ish consecutive green flag laps. I have to admit he is dead on with needing to keep things more interesting, but I think the way you do that is make the tires wear faster and/or put smaller fuel cells in the cars... Nascar already does a terrible job with cautions by killing off valuable racing laps, especially late in races, so I don't think that's the answer.

I agree with smaller fuel cells. I have philosophical differences on the tires...one of the indirect outcomes of NASCAR is improved tire technology that can carry over to our personal vehicles.

There were quite a few empty seats last night - I live about 6 hours from the Kentucky track and had nothing else going on this weekend. I'm thinking maybe I should have made the trip.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by BGRed View Post
    I agree with smaller fuel cells. I have philosophical differences on the tires...one of the indirect outcomes of NASCAR is improved tire technology that can carry over to our personal vehicles.

There were quite a few empty seats last night - I live about 6 hours from the Kentucky track and had nothing else going on this weekend. I'm thinking maybe I should have made the trip.
    The tire technology thought is definitely one I never thought about which would make a lot of sense. It will be interesting to see if anything changes as Smith said he talks to President Mike Helton on a weekly basis and Smith definitely appears to have a fair amount of pull in the sport.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    The tire technology thought is definitely one I never thought about which would make a lot of sense. It will be interesting to see if anything changes as Smith said he talks to President Mike Helton on a weekly basis and Smith definitely appears to have a fair amount of pull in the sport.
    I have one other personal observation about using 'fan-friendly' and Bruton Smith in the same thought...(I realize that you didn't actually make such a statement... )

Total cost for my family of four to attend a race in Martinsville= $140 (kids were $10 each).

Total cost PER TICKET for our family to attend a race in Bristol = $90 (no kids discount)