Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Husker Salute Update

Husker Salute Update

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Husker Salute go check out www.huskersalute.org.

This years Husker Salute event is October 20 - 21, 2012, at the Cornhusker Hotel in Lincoln. This is our fifth year for this event. Our organzation puts on and supports this event each year.
    It cost about $35,000 to do this event for the 500+ military veteran and Active military and their families who come. We have also brought wounded Warriors from Ft riley the last two years.

Week end Itinerary

Saturday morning
    The families register for event and pick up their packets
    Enjoy a continental breakfast
    Board busses to Memorial Stadium
    Tour the athletic facilities
    End of tour go out on the field with families and kick, run, throw footballs around and have fun
    Go on a 50% off shopping spree at some downtown sports stores
    Go back to Cornhusker for the Tail gate Party for Northwestern Nebraska Football game (In Illinois)

Sunday

Military brunch honoring our fallen soldiers, and all the troops and vets in attendance.

Donations
    We need Husker fans help to raise the money we need by purchasing a coin, Hat or shirt on our website, or making a donation on our website. We
    currently have about 55% of our financial goal (Our goal $35,000).

This is a great event and a way to say thank you to the active duty and our vets.
    We could use your support.

Thanks Gary
    President Husker Salute

If anyone knows a miliitary veteran or active duty soldier who would like to attend Husker salute in Lincoln
    Have them go register at www.huskersalute.org. There are only 30 nslots left.

Recruit

it was alot of fun last year, thank you Gary for doing this

...certified in something
    ...im sure my entire squadron would love to go, ill pass on the registration info
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

This is a great time to remember our troops and veterans. July 4th, Independence day is three days away.
    Help support the great women and men by going to www.huskersalute.org and buy a Husker Salute Challenge coin, a hat, of a t-shirt.
    Those purchases go to raise funds for our Husker Salute event Oct 20 -21, 2012.

You can also donate to Husker Salute at our sight as well.

This is our fifth year for the event.
    In the 4 years of the event we have reached out to over 1000 troops and veterans abd their families. This event is a great week end
    for these folks

Here is a special reminder. If you see a veteran of Viet Nam be sure to greet them with a hearty hand shake
    and say " welcome home". They need a special reminder that we care.

Thanks Gary

Anyone Wishing to help our veterans should go to www.huskersalute.org and buy a Nebraska Military challenge coin, a Hat or a Husker Salute T-Shirt.

www.huskersalute.org If you just waNT TO DONATE TO THE EVENT YOU CAN DO THAT TOO!
    Thanks gary

Red Shirt
    Gary and Dan have started something that is a labor of love. Everyone involved in the weekend demonstrates why people outside the great state of Nebraska are amazed at the class of the Husker fan base. It's something you have to experience first hand ( I've been fortunate to experience it for the past eight years) to appreciate.

THANK YOU Gary and Dan
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011