Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Video: QB Johnny Stanton breakdown

Thumbs up Video: QB Johnny Stanton breakdown

Per Born To Be Red's request as he is having trouble psoting....I'm thinking we got in on him at the right time...

One of the most elite recruits coming out of California is 4-star dual-threat quarterback Johnny Stanton. He's been known as the nation's top sleeper quarterback, but that may not be the case any more.

The 6'2 215-pound passer from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA has received several offers including Nebraska, Oregon and Oregon State. In his junior year, Stanton threw for 2,439 yards and 13 TDs. Learn why some recruiting scouts have compared him to NFL quarterbacks Tim Tebow and Jake Locker.

More here:

http://247sports.com/Article/Johnny-...edium=facebook

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

I'm thinking we may have hit a goldmine with this youngman and our recruiting tactics are the key in this one....the family, education etc. that the coaches emphasize.....and its no bull....its the real deal....

More:

He made a name for himself this past season with the Eagles. He completed more than 60 percent of his passes for 2,439 yards and 13 touchdowns in the air. Equally effective on the ground, Stanton gained 1,428 yards rushing and found the end zone another 21 times.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...me/harry-welch

Heisman
    I'm thinking being compared to Tebow (as an NFL QB) isn't exactly a compliment.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    We will take the college Tebow though. Only one pass shown in the clip. hmmmmm.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

You need to go and watch his other film.....plenty on this forum on other threads.....kid can throw a ton....has great mechanics and a strong arm....

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    We will take the college Tebow though. Only one pass shown in the clip. hmmmmm.

I wouldn't read to much into that....its because Tebow and Locker were big QBs who could run like him....

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I'm thinking we may have hit a goldmine with this youngman and our recruiting tactics are the key in this one....the family, education etc. that the coaches emphasize.....and its no bull....its the real deal....
    Lets hope we land him.. I'm a little dissapointed Beck wasn't around for his last visit.

He spent all his time with Beck on the first visit and knew he was not going to be in Lincoln...he made the trip to see the campus, meet the players and talk with Bo and he and his dad had a great time and accomplished all they went for....

Coaches can't be on the job 24/7/365 and I think is the kind of kid who understands that and actually appreciates it...they have to recharge too....

Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Lets hope we land him.. I'm a little dissapointed Beck wasn't around for his last visit.

Scout Team
    He spent all his time with Beck on the first visit and knew he was not going to be in Lincoln...he made the trip to see the campus, meet the players and talk with Bo and he and his dad had a great time and accomplished all they went for....

Coaches can't be on the job 24/7/365 and I think is the kind of kid who understands that and actually appreciates it...they have to recharge too....
    Yeah no doubt, a better choice of words may have been "It's unfortunate Beck wasn't there but glad Bo was very involved"

Yep. Don't think we walk on water when it comes to recruiting but the people making a big deal out of this need to get a grip. This is the only time available for some of those guys. Can't expect him to cancel a vacation short notice.