Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 247: Huskers now the favorite for 4-star LB Marcus Newby

Thumbs up 247: Huskers now the favorite for 4-star LB Marcus Newby

This is pretty significent as location was the one area we thought we trailed Maryland and Penn State in....looks like according to 247 we are in the drivers seat over Penn State with home state team Maryland not even in the picture....Coach P who is his recruiter is a grad from the same high school as is Jason Ankarah so we have connections and Coach P is a GREAT recruiter as most folks know....this would be a HUGE get and give us one of the top LB classes in the country for the second straight year....would be a coup to land him and Johnny Stanton in the next week or two....

Expected to decide soon....

Not to mention his high school coach loved Nebraska as you may recall....

Good stuff...

Big Red Weekend has already brought us oen recruit....perhaps another soon...

http://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Newby-15865
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Big Red Fan!!!

Exciting stuff! Thanks RR!

It's embarrassing how excited I am for this.

A writer for Maryland's 247 site (yeah, they actually have one!) dropped by a few days ago and told the board he thought the Huskers were sitting well. This upgrade to 'Favorite' is not a coincidence.

GET THIS KID N. NOW!!!

Red Shirt

That's good news. He's not a "big" guy, but he definitely flies to the football in his highlights. We're recruiting some serious athletes at LB
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    It's embarrassing how excited I am for this.

A writer for Maryland's 247 site (yeah, they actually have one!) dropped by a few days ago and told the board he thought the Huskers were sitting well. This upgrade to 'Favorite' is not a coincidence.

GET THIS KID N. NOW!!!

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer7 View Post
    That's good news. He's not a "big" guy, but he definitely flies to the football in his highlights. We're recruiting some serious athletes at LB
    Which isn't this kinda strange considering based on our recent draft success, I would have thought we either would be getting some studs at DT (Suh) or DB (Prince) as compared with LB, but either way, I'm with BTBR - get him signed now!!
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

#1 Husker Fan
    Thanks for info! I will sleep better now!!!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

#1 Husker Fan
    I am an Ankrah fan!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Starter

Sounds good...let's seal the deal.

Husker Immortal
    Well, I knew it couldn't be Maryland's facilities wooing him, and Lincoln is a big time city compared to State College.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Well, I knew it couldn't be Maryland's facilities wooing him, and Lincoln is a big time city compared to State College.
    Not mention that State College now has a former D coach taking his showers in the pen.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Oh and for CMT1525 over at Huskerboard you've copped a ton of stuff I've posted (word for word in many cases and I even made fun of you a time or two over here for doing so)....over the years and most of the threads I've posted of late have been up before you guys even make a thread or post it....dude I do my research....go look at what I post...the video's the stories I look for to post on here that you never even take the time to do....so chill out and I post alot of stuff before you guys even get around to doing so....you have some good folks on that board and we do here ....its all fun....but to pretend you haven't taken what I've written and others is being dishonest...and in your case as I said you taken it almost word for word and posted over there...and frankly I'm glad to share....you can take what you want....unlike you its no biggie....and yeah I know you will read this because you come over here to see what you can take and that's cool...have a nut my friend....MB51 who posts on both boards and is a great guy knows me and knows how we work hard to make this a good forum as a team...

Hey if I can get a lead from you guys I'll take it and further it...and do more research.....just as I do when I see something on Rivals, Scout etc....think about it we all see stuff on the web and if we are smart we get going and do the research....i.e. the story I posted on Stanton from the LA Times....I'm a research wonk and love to go deep into things and share with others....its fun and we have run over here....

And yeah I read your board because guys like EZ, Nexus and Aspeedlin know there stuff....you could learn from them as you could HIO, FLA, Born To Be Red, SBHUsker, Short Side Option and a few others over here....

Hey we are all in this together....chill out bro and you can take anything I post or the stories I research and post or video's....I really don't care...its all on the internet and I'm glad if you want it....as I'm sure the other folks are on here....chill out and enjoy....

Peace...

Hot rumor has him deciding in the next month.....

Red Shirt
    1+1=

True dat...

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    1+1=

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Oh and for CMT1525 over at Huskerboard you've copped a ton of stuff I've posted (word for word in many cases and I even made fun of you a time or two over here for doing so)....over the years and most of the threads I've posted of late have been up before you guys even make a thread or post it....dude I do my research....go look at what I post...the video's the stories I look for to post on here that you never even take the time to do....so chill out and I post alot of stuff before you guys even get around to doing so....you have some good folks on that board and we do here ....its all fun....but to pretend you haven't taken what I've written and others is being dishonest...and in your case as I said you taken it almost word for word and posted over there...and frankly I'm glad to share....you can take what you want....unlike you its no biggie....and yeah I know you will read this because you come over here to see what you can take and that's cool...have a nut my friend....MB51 who posts on both boards and is a great guy knows me and knows how we work hard to make this a good forum as a team...

Hey if I can get a lead from you guys I'll take it and further it...and do more research.....just as I do when I see something on Rivals, Scout etc....think about it we all see stuff on the web and if we are smart we get going and do the research....i.e. the story I posted on Stanton from the LA Times....I'm a research wonk and love to go deep into things and share with others....its fun and we have run over here....

And yeah I read your board because guys like EZ, Nexus and Aspeedlin know there stuff....you could learn from them as you could HIO, FLA, Born To Be Red, SBHUsker, Short Side Option and a few others over here....

Hey we are all in this together....chill out bro and you can take anything I post or the stories I research and post or video's....I really don't care...its all on the internet and I'm glad if you want it....as I'm sure the other folks are on here....chill out and enjoy....

Peace...
    Hey? What gives? Too good to list The Impaler? That hurts Red, that really hurts.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    Hey? What gives? Too good to list The Impaler? That hurts Red, that really hurts.
    ...you are included in the "a few others over here" line.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

LOL....sorry my friend....my mind is forgetful...

Oh and now somebody actually stole my name over at HB....I'm honored...

This is fun...

Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post

Husker Immortal
    LOL....sorry my friend....my mind is forgetful...

Oh and now somebody actually stole my name over at HB....I'm honored...

This is fun...
    I was thinking of changing mine to "Red Rain."

Red Shirt
    you could learn from them as you could HIO, FLA, Born To Be Red, SBHUsker, Short Side Option and a few others over here....

Peace...
    I'm hurt that I didn't make the list. You know I always bring the goods...most of it second hand but whatever.