Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Drake Martinez

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Broomfield, CO
    Posts
    897

    Drake Martinez

    Just noticed in the Stanton article the we are recruiting Taylor's brother...as a RB. Just found that interesting.
    Just Sayin'

  2. #2
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Broomfield, CO
    Posts
    897
    Hes a 3 star and the 79th rated RB in the country. I see we offered him per scout.

    http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=8&c=1&nid=5878324
    Just Sayin'

  3. #3
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,877
    The was a thread on this a day or two ago, and now I cant find it, must be going blind.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Red Shirt
    HuskerGene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of North Omaha
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    The was a thread on this a day or two ago, and now I cant find it, must be going blind.
    http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showth...4369-I-noticed

    I hope I did that right

  5. #5
    Moderator
    BornToBeRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    14,595
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    The was a thread on this a day or two ago, and now I cant find it, must be going blind.
    Nah, just old.

  6. #6
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,877
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Nah, just old.
    You got that right!!!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Starter
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    12,721
    Quote Originally Posted by the fountainhead View Post
    Just noticed in the Stanton article the we are recruiting Taylor's brother...as a RB. Just found that interesting.
    Not sure why that's interesting. He has a brother who currently starts for us and he seems to be a decent athlete himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by BornRaisedBleedRed View Post
    I value everyone's opinion whether it agrees with me or whether they are wrong.



  8. #8
    Scout Team
    HuttoHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hutto Texas
    Posts
    3,758
    Where's Red when you need a scoop?

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    127,175
    Nothing here is why...

    Not sure he will even end up at Nebraska....just my 2 cents worth...

    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Where's Red when you need a scoop?
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Nothing here is why...

    Not sure he will even end up at Nebraska....just my 2 cents worth...
    Agreed.

  11. #11
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Nothing here is why...

    Not sure he will even end up at Nebraska....just my 2 cents worth...
    Agreed, just an unedumacated guess, but I dont see him here either. For alot of reasons.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #12
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    valencia, ca
    Posts
    1,494
    why would he come here, what with all the abuse his brother has taken from t-mart haters ....., i can see why he would be turned off by the fishbowl treatment his brother got/gets.
    That gov't is best, which governs least -- Thomas Paine

  13. #13
    Starter
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    12,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Power of Corn View Post
    why would he come here, what with all the abuse his brother has taken from t-mart haters ....., i can see why he would be turned off by the fishbowl treatment his brother got/gets.
    I'm thinking as long as he is playing a position that best fits his skill set, then he wouldn't face that ridicule. Martinez (Taylor) gets flack because some (including myself) believe that he can excel a different position. He made a name for himself when he got here at the WR position. But after his redshirt year, we moved him to QB because of a need for a playmaker there. Plus for every "t-mart Hater" there are 20 fans worshiping his every move. The fishbowl treatment isn't limited to just NU. If you want to be the man at a big time program, that heat will come.

    Beside Drake I believe is looking to play the position that everyone is recruiting or looking at him for (RB). It's not like we are looking to bring him in as an ATH with a chance to replace his brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by BornRaisedBleedRed View Post
    I value everyone's opinion whether it agrees with me or whether they are wrong.



  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    I'm thinking as long as he is playing a position that best fits his skill set, then he wouldn't face that ridicule. Martinez (Taylor) gets flack because some (including myself) believe that he can excel a different position. He made a name for himself when he got here at the WR position. But after his redshirt year, we moved him to QB because of a need for a playmaker there. Plus for every "t-mart Hater" there are 20 fans worshiping his every move. The fishbowl treatment isn't limited to just NU. If you want to be the man at a big time program, that heat will come.

    Beside Drake I believe is looking to play the position that everyone is recruiting or looking at him for (RB). It's not like we are looking to bring him in as an ATH with a chance to replace his brother.
    Taylor wasn't a wide receiver.

  15. #15
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Power of Corn View Post
    why would he come here, what with all the abuse his brother has taken from t-mart haters ....., i can see why he would be turned off by the fishbowl treatment his brother got/gets.
    Word on the streets points to this being exactly why.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •