Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drake Martinez

Drake Martinez

Just noticed in the Stanton article the we are recruiting Taylor's brother...as a RB. Just found that interesting.

Hes a 3 star and the 79th rated RB in the country. I see we offered him per scout.

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=8&c=1&nid=5878324

#1 Husker Fan
    The was a thread on this a day or two ago, and now I cant find it, must be going blind.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    The was a thread on this a day or two ago, and now I cant find it, must be going blind.
    http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showth...4369-I-noticed

I hope I did that right

Nah, just old.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by the fountainhead View Post
    Just noticed in the Stanton article the we are recruiting Taylor's brother...as a RB. Just found that interesting.
    Not sure why that's interesting. He has a brother who currently starts for us and he seems to be a decent athlete himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Nah, just old.
    You got that right!!!

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Scout Team
    Where's Red when you need a scoop?

Nothing here is why...

Not sure he will even end up at Nebraska....just my 2 cents worth...

Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Where's Red when you need a scoop?
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Nothing here is why...

Agreed.

#1 Husker Fan
    Nothing here is why...

Agreed, just an unedumacated guess, but I dont see him here either. For alot of reasons.

Red Shirt

why would he come here, what with all the abuse his brother has taken from t-mart haters ....., i can see why he would be turned off by the fishbowl treatment his brother got/gets.
    That gov't is best, which governs least -- Thomas Paine

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Power of Corn View Post
    why would he come here, what with all the abuse his brother has taken from t-mart haters ....., i can see why he would be turned off by the fishbowl treatment his brother got/gets.
    I'm thinking as long as he is playing a position that best fits his skill set, then he wouldn't face that ridicule. Martinez (Taylor) gets flack because some (including myself) believe that he can excel a different position. He made a name for himself when he got here at the WR position. But after his redshirt year, we moved him to QB because of a need for a playmaker there. Plus for every "t-mart Hater" there are 20 fans worshiping his every move. The fishbowl treatment isn't limited to just NU. If you want to be the man at a big time program, that heat will come.

Beside Drake I believe is looking to play the position that everyone is recruiting or looking at him for (RB). It's not like we are looking to bring him in as an ATH with a chance to replace his brother.
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    I'm thinking as long as he is playing a position that best fits his skill set, then he wouldn't face that ridicule. Martinez (Taylor) gets flack because some (including myself) believe that he can excel a different position. He made a name for himself when he got here at the WR position. But after his redshirt year, we moved him to QB because of a need for a playmaker there. Plus for every "t-mart Hater" there are 20 fans worshiping his every move. The fishbowl treatment isn't limited to just NU. If you want to be the man at a big time program, that heat will come.

Beside Drake I believe is looking to play the position that everyone is recruiting or looking at him for (RB). It's not like we are looking to bring him in as an ATH with a chance to replace his brother.
    Taylor wasn't a wide receiver.

As far as Drake is concerned...something tells me he doesn't have a legit/committable offer.

#1 Husker Fan
    Word on the streets points to this being exactly why.

FWIW, I agree with you and understand why Drake may be tepid toward NU. That being said, and I know this is of topic, but it was published in the recent article on Stanton that Taylor was one of the guys he had a heart to heart talk with. Question is, "How does that impact Stanton's decision?" If you make the assumption Power is right, that isn't going to be a very positive for NU getting Stanton's commit.

Husker Immortal
    Word on the streets points to this being exactly why.
    I don't think he will come to NU, but I wouldn't put much stock in the "word on the streets" either.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Recruit

back from Sao Paulo, now Tucson and Raleigh
    I am a little baffled by the lack of comments on family connection. Family, brothers especially, is usually seen as a plus (Peter brothers, Greene brothers, although not always Peat brothers), but it is discussed. If TM is positive about his experience here when talking to other prospective recruits why not his brother? Maybe Drake wants to make his own mark somewhere else, or there maybe other reasons, the beach for one, but I am still surprised by lack of discussion of "family ties."

Red Shirt

The scrutiny of the QB position is equal that all other positions combined, so its natural that taylor has taken some flack. But with the blogs and chat rooms of today, players will get talked about way more than they would have even in the Crouch days.

I think its much easier to come in as a little brother, if your big brother wasnt qb.

I agrree with a poster above, that there are many more tmart supporters than haters, but seems the haters get a disporportionate share of the press and voice
    That gov't is best, which governs least -- Thomas Paine