Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Stanton checks out Nebraska' (Article on his visit)

Thumbs up 'Stanton checks out Nebraska' (Article on his visit)

Free content article on Scout by Bryan Munson....read what you want into the bold....

I really like the way he is going about this....

“I had a great visit to Nebraska,” Stanton said. “I really had two goals for this trip. One, I wanted to meet some of the players and two, I wanted to see the campus. I was able to do both.

“I spent a lot of time with incoming freshmen Jordan Westerkamp and Tommy Armstrong as well as Taylor Martinez. I had a great conversation with Martinez.”
    Stanton says that he has been communicating with Martinez already coming into the visit yesterday mostly because Stanton knows Taylor’s brother, Drake Martinez, who is at a neighboring high school. The two talked about the acclimation from California to Nebraska.

“I had been texting with him before the visit and I really wanted to get a feel for his thoughts on Nebraska. He told me that Nebraska was a great fit for him. We also talked about the transition that I would have to do from California to Nebraska.”
    Rest here:

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1198718.html
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

ScottEnyeartScott Enyeart Had a good chat with '13 QB Johnny Stanton, who absolutely loved his visit to Nebraska. Will visit Wisconsin tomorrow. #Huskers #Badgers about 2 hours ago

Scout Team
    I like that Taylor is selling his experience here in Nebraska. Given the schitzo reception to him by our fans(myself included), Taylor could have really let it get to him and have cooled on the place.

Yup....would be cool if he helps recruit a future Husker QB....

Quote Originally Posted by bucktril View Post
    I like that Taylor is selling his experience here in Nebraska. Given the schitzo reception to him by our fans(myself included), Taylor could have really let it get to him and have cooled on the place.

Red Shirt
    I really like this kid. Seems he is pretty high on NU as well.

As far as Martinez, I believe he is really close to the other players and his coaches, which in turn make NU THE place for him. Plus, I believe he has it pretty good here. With Bo preaching and teaching to block out the "outside influences," I'm sure many of the players have "bought into" that part of Bo's program, making them "high on NU" due to the coaches and teammates and blocking out the fans. (Does that make sense?!)

Short & stout, no more 3 & out!-HuskerGene

Yup oh and well said...

Quote Originally Posted by Pookey View Post
    I really like this kid. Seems he is pretty high on NU as well.

As far as Martinez, I believe he is really close to the other players and his coaches, which in turn make NU THE place for him. Plus, I believe he has it pretty good here. With Bo preaching and teaching to block out the "outside influences," I'm sure many of the players have "bought into" that part of Bo's program, making them "high on NU" due to the coaches and teammates and blocking out the fans. (Does that make sense?!)

Husker Immortal
    I wonder how the Wisconsin experience will compare as he visits the two schools back to back.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Starter
    Annual snowfall in Lincoln is 27.8 inches, in Madison it's 44.1 inches. This is a no brainer.

#1 Husker Fan

See Drake Martinez....
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Scout Team
    His comments in that article sounded pretty non-committal -- not a good vibe.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoie View Post
    Not to worry. Of the 99 QB's that are 3-stars or better on Rivals, only 71 of them have already verballed. So even if Stanton goes elsewhere, one (or 2) of the lucky 28 remaining QB's will be our newest "perfect fit."

PS--besides, he is coming here

Big Red Fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I wonder how the Wisconsin experience will compare as he visits the two schools back to back.
    If it's based on drinking, NU doesn't have a chance!

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFanz View Post
    If it's based on drinking, NU doesn't have a chance!
    If he chooses a school based on availability of brews, he wouldn't last long in Lincoln anyway. But you are right about Madtown and beer. When I attended there, several of my professors would occasionally hold our seminar sessions in the student union and buy the pitchers.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Junior Varsity
    I too am very pleased to see TMs comments to the recruit. Classy guy.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Not to worry. Of the 99 QB's that are 3-stars or better on Rivals, only 71 of them have already verballed. So even if Stanton goes elsewhere, one (or 2) of the lucky 28 remaining QB's will be our newest "perfect fit."

PS--besides, he is coming here
    "Welcome to the night train." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoie View Post
    Johnhoie, are you talking about Drake Martinez or Stanton?? In the post just above yours, SBHusker says "See Drake Martinez"... and the thread about Drake mentions "non-committal".

From the FWIW department

There is a guy on the Rivals main recruiting message board that claims to be the father of one of Stanton's wide receivers. He's basically said that Stanton is N

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Annual snowfall in Lincoln is 27.8 inches, in Madison it's 44.1 inches. This is a no brainer.
    Probably a serious consideration when it is 102 during his visit.

Yeah its all over Huskerboard too....I'd take it with a grain of salt...

Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    From the FWIW department

There is a guy on the Rivals main recruiting message board that claims to be the father of one of Stanton's wide receivers. He's basically said that Stanton is N

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yeah its all over Huskerboard too....I'd take it with a grain of salt...
    lol.. I'm with ya, it aint over till it's over