Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Husker beat writer on Christianity and Healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    The lefts standard answer to nearly every issue tax the rich and corporations so I don't have to deal with it or so I can have free {healthcare, education, food, housing, etc}.
    This is wrong.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    This is wrong.
    Name one?

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Heisman

This is wrong.
    Link? (And you're correct, its wrong - JUST as wrong as your equally wrong statement about "the right's standard answer" was.)

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    The lefts standard answer to nearly every issue tax the rich and corporations so I don't have to deal with it or so I can have free {healthcare, education, food, housing, etc}.
    ...so, you must be stoked that tax levels are at their lowest in six decades, then?
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Administrator
    The right's standard answer to nearly every social problem is bootstrapping. Or, they'll say it's the job of the various churches or religious organizations to handle social welfare. Neither of which is adequate.

That's not to say that everyone on the right is a heartless Scrooge, of course.
    Not correct, yes the church should do those things not because the government say but that is what they preach.

The right want all social welfare to be temporary. If you need it come get it but the program is supposed to help that person get off the welfare program so the can pay back the people in taxes that paid for there help.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Honestly, Showman, I don't even understand how some of those questions pertain to the actual objections people are positing to Obamacare. For instance, there hasn't been much discussion today about that portion of he bill that expands coverage for the poor and underinsured -- that part of the law was not decided in today's decision. Yet your author's questions seem to presume an opposition to the expansion of coverage rather than to the idea that individuals can be compelled by their government to purchase health insurance. Are you sure that this guy fully understands the nature of people's objections today to the SC's rulings?
    There seems to be a misconception that he wrote this specifically in response to today's ruling. I think he's just pondering some general questions from a Christian humanist standpoint *edit* and wondering why so many of his Christian buddies are mad, that's all.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    There seems to be a misconception that he wrote this specifically in response to today's ruling. I think he's just pondering some general questions from a Christian humanist standpoint *edit* and wondering why so many of his Christian buddies are mad, that's all.
    Just out of curiosity, what's a "Christian humanist standpoint?" Honest question.

All Big 10
    This is wrong.
    I know so was your broad brush stroke I was replying too.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Compulsory acts of compassion are not really compassionate at all.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Name one?
    I dont want free anything but I would like to see corporations and the rich stop whining....

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    I dont want free anything but I would like to see corporations and the rich stop whining....
    Hear. Hear. You just made my day, Pops.

I hereby humbly nominate Pops' post for Post of the Year.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

as well as victims of theft.

All Big 10
    Haven't you advocated for free needle exchanges? Not that I disagree with that...
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.