Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Husker beat writer on Christianity and Healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Honestly, Showman, I don't even understand how some of those questions pertain to the actual objections people are positing to Obamacare. For instance, there hasn't been much discussion today about that portion of he bill that expands coverage for the poor and underinsured -- that part of the law was not decided in today's decision. Yet your author's questions seem to presume an opposition to the expansion of coverage rather than to the idea that individuals can be compelled by their government to purchase health insurance. Are you sure that this guy fully understands the nature of people's objections today to the SC's rulings?
    There seems to be a misconception that he wrote this specifically in response to today's ruling. I think he's just pondering some general questions from a Christian humanist standpoint *edit* and wondering why so many of his Christian buddies are mad, that's all.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    There seems to be a misconception that he wrote this specifically in response to today's ruling. I think he's just pondering some general questions from a Christian humanist standpoint *edit* and wondering why so many of his Christian buddies are mad, that's all.
    Just out of curiosity, what's a "Christian humanist standpoint?" Honest question.

Rebel Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    This is wrong.
    I know so was your broad brush stroke I was replying too.
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

Compulsory acts of compassion are not really compassionate at all.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Name one?
    I dont want free anything but I would like to see corporations and the rich stop whining....

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    I dont want free anything but I would like to see corporations and the rich stop whining....
    Hear. Hear. You just made my day, Pops.

I hereby humbly nominate Pops' post for Post of the Year.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

as well as victims of theft.

Rebel Alliance
    Haven't you advocated for free needle exchanges? Not that I disagree with that...
    As government gets bigger people get smaller