Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iowa Unveils Throwback Uniforms

Scout Team

Iowa Unveils Throwback Uniforms

Looks like the Hawkeyes are unveiling a throwback uniform to honor their 1921-22 squad. Presumably, these will be worn against Iowa State, but if they get critical acclaim I could see them being worn in late November when Nebraska comes to town.

Also, on the uniform front, West Virginia has unveiled an all-gray look. Ugh. Since they're joining the Big 12, I hope they play Oklahoma State in the Cowboys' gunmetal duds. Would bring a whole new meaning to Dust Bowl.

5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

There is No Place Like Nebraska.

Red Shirt
    When you need to make news with your uniform or the color of your football field you lack tradition.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    When you need to make news with your uniform or the color of your football field you lack tradition.
    I remember the Steelers wearing throwbacks lately. They don't lack tradition.

I remember a few years ago on this Board, or its predecessor, the posting of pictures of new NU uniforms that the athletics department had released as a news item. Are you saying NU lacks tradition?

How do you personally know there was a "need" in this case, rather than a simple desire to honor the past brothers who wore those uniforms? Or did you just make that up?
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

They are all ugly. (except Nebraska's throw back uni's)

Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    OR...you are just showing people some things you are doing with your program

btw...I like the Iowa uni's

when will we unveil ours?

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I remember the Steelers wearing throwbacks lately. They don't lack tradition.

I remember a few years ago on this Board, or its predecessor, the posting of pictures of new NU uniforms that the athletics department had released as a news item. Are you saying NU lacks tradition?

How do you personally know there was a "need" in this case, rather than a simple desire to honor the past brothers who wore those uniforms? Or did you just make that up?
    To be fair, people talk about the Steelers regardless of uniforms. People don't talk about Iowa or West Virginia football except with this news. I think that's the point he was making.

All Big 10
    Judged as throwbacks the Iowa ones aren't that bad. I don't get the WVU one at all. I hope we do better.

All Legend
    I would like to see photos of their original uniforms from which the modern throwbacks come from.

Anyone know where to look or can someone post a photo.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by joncarl View Post
    They are all ugly. (except Nebraska's throw back uni's)
    Iowa's are definitely ugly. Nebraska's were just boring.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    when will we unveil ours?

I have a feeling that we probably won't unveil ours until the week of the game...I was also thinking they would do one of those things where they warm up in their every week uni's and then go in and change but given the gravity of the situation and BO likely not the type of person that wants this type of thing interfeing with the actual prep going into the start of a game I highly doubt it would happen that way...although it would be sweet

Red Shirt
    I hope we pick a date before all the good one's are gone. Hate to say it but I think we're scrambling....

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Iowa's are definitely ugly. Nebraska's were just boring.
    Very true. Personally I'm hoping we wear the 1972 team's jerseys someday. I like the shoulder stripes.

Scout Team
    I need to see the helmet but it don't look too bad. Now if they can stop losing running backs.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Monds Fan View Post
    Very true. Personally I'm hoping we wear the 1972 team's jerseys someday. I like the shoulder stripes.

What would we have to do to get that player back as well? That would be sweet.