Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Pasadena, Here I Come!

Husker Immortal

Pasadena, Here I Come!

I was procrastinating about coming out to the UCLA game when a colleague of mine (who is a big Bruin Booster) invited me out to "do some business", play golf at his country club, and sit with him on the 50 yd line for the game. Not wanting to be rude, I accepted on the condition that he come to the HuskerMax tailgate with me.

Now he says that I have to tone down my Husker apparel (white shirt with Husker logo is ok). No cornheads or bright red shirts. I said "how about a black shirt?" and he says, "it will be 100 degrees in the shade...knock yourself out." What's a guy to do?
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

towel boy
    Paint your chest and belly red and go shirtless. He just said no red shirt. Problem solved.

Looking forward to meeting you at the game...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Looking forward to meeting you at the game...
    As am I Reign. It will likely be the first real test (although So Miss is no slouch). The fact that it is on the road makes it more difficult. I remember sitting through a Husker win and a Husker loss against UCLA in the Rose Bowl in the 80s.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Red Shirt
    I'd go just for the golf and the tailgate.

Have a great time. If you need a 3rd or a 4th for golf, I'd make the sacrifice and go with.

Junior Varsity
    Hope to see you, and I doubt very much it will be 100 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I was procrastinating about coming out to the UCLA game when a colleague of mine (who is a big Bruin Booster) invited me out to "do some business", play golf at his country club, and sit with him on the 50 yd line for the game. Not wanting to be rude, I accepted on the condition that he come to the HuskerMax tailgate with me.

Now he says that I have to tone down my Husker apparel (white shirt with Husker logo is ok). No cornheads or bright red shirts. I said "how about a black shirt?" and he says, "it will be 100 degrees in the shade...knock yourself out." What's a guy to do?
    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
    Samuel Adams

Red Shirt

Almanac for Los Angeles Downtown, CA
    Saturday, September 8—— View Current Conditions Saturday, September 8

Average Record
    TemperatureMean Temperature 74 °F Max Temperature 84 °F 103 °F (1984) Min Temperature 64 °F 47 °F (1901)  Precipitation 0.00 in 0.19 in (1982) Month to date precipitation 0.01 in

[IMG][/IMG]