Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Frustrated With the Current Lull

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    Mr. Newby is a lull breaker.
    I concur as well.

Big 12 Champs
    Lock it!
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Big 12 Champs
    I'm frustrated with the lull. It's been at least a couple of hours since our last 4* commit.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    They are an imperfect tool for measuring future success of college athletes. Agreed. I don't do as much homework as you. I will disagree with you though. For what it's worth, I believe in the end our class will end up better than Iowa's. I do wish our recruits looked a little better right now...I hope we end up with a stronger class than PSU.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you wish our recruits looked better right now then they do, then you are in for a rough rest of your life as a Husker fan when it comes to the recruiting front.

We have 4 four stars, 6 3 stars, and a 5 star long snapper (just to re-iterate, Rivals ranks long snappers like kickers except they don't give them their own category. To let you know, Janikowski would have been a 2 star or low low 3 star on Rivals). All of our 3 stars except for 2 of them (the long snapper who is a 5 star and Samuelson so actually just one) are a slight bump away from being a 4 star player per Rivals. Being ranked a 5.7 on Rivals' scale means you are a VERY GOOD high school player. Go watch Love and Natter's film to just name a couple, tell me you aren't excited about these "3 stars".

Again, eveyone is entitle to their opinion. But there is a lot of excitement about this class and not seeing it is somewhat puzzling. Comparing us to Iowa right now is not even worth it. It's like being mad at the marathon runner that is running with the pack at the 5 mile mark and thinking he is going to lose, when in reality he hasn't even ramped up the pace yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you wish our recruits looked better right now then they do, then you are in for a rough rest of your life as a Husker fan when it comes to the recruiting front.

We have 4 four stars, 6 3 stars, and a 5 star long snapper (just to re-iterate, Rivals ranks long snappers like kickers except they don't give them their own category. To let you know, Janikowski would have been a 2 star or low low 3 star on Rivals). All of our 3 stars except for 2 of them (the long snapper who is a 5 star and Samuelson so actually just one) are a slight bump away from being a 4 star player per Rivals. Being ranked a 5.7 on Rivals' scale means you are a VERY GOOD high school player. Go watch Love and Natter's film to just name a couple, tell me you aren't excited about these "3 stars".

Again, eveyone is entitle to their opinion. But there is a lot of excitement about this class and not seeing it is somewhat puzzling. Comparing us to Iowa right now is not even worth it. It's like being mad at the marathon runner that is running with the pack at the 5 mile mark and thinking he is going to lose, when in reality he hasn't even ramped up the pace yet.
    THIS!

Yeah all 4-stars of him...

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    Mr. Newby is a lull breaker.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Cake or Death?
    Come on Stanton! Hop on the train and break the lull.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post

Great post & a great example in bold!