Get HuskerMaxô on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated With the Current Lull

Scout Team

Frustrated With the Current Lull

Guess this current lull in recruiting has me frustrated. That along with Iowa getting five recruits last week raising their total to 15. I have taken issue with others on the sky is falling but this does have me frustrated. I can argue that USC, Texas, Oklahoma, SEC schools, Ohio State and Michigan have huge advantages over us. I cannot do that with Iowa. They have the same obstacles as we do and do not have the tradition as we do. I know we have the better program and normally beat them when going up against them for recruits. So why do they have 15 commitments and we have 10. When asked why the increase in commitments this year over other years at this time Kirk Ferenz stated that recruits are now committing earlier than in the past. If thats the case why are we lagging behind? I know our staff is out there working hard. I have been and continue to be a Bo Pelini backer. I am just wondering do we need to revise our game plan. Seems we get the game within our sights but have trouble pulling the trigger.

Ok RR, Flas, and others tell me where I am all wrong. I am hoping u will as maybe that will alleviate my frustration. Normally I am a half glass is full person. I know its unrealistic to think we will be a top 10 recruiting school but think its reasonable to expect being in the top 15 on a regular basis.
    Husker follower since 1962

We have 11 commits and will have 15 or more by the time the season starts.

There are probably 7-8 guys (stanton, newby X2, claiborne, hannon, hinnant, harlow) that have said a decision could be soon or want to decide before the season starts.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    Guess this current lull in recruiting has me frustrated. That along with Iowa getting five recruits last week raising their total to 15. I have taken issue with others on the sky is falling but this does have me frustrated. I can argue that USC, Texas, Oklahoma, SEC schools, Ohio State and Michigan have huge advantages over us. I cannot do that with Iowa. They have the same obstacles as we do and do not have the tradition as we do. I know we have the better program and normally beat them when going up against them for recruits. So why do they have 15 commitments and we have 10. When asked why the increase in commitments this year over other years at this time Kirk Ferenz stated that recruits are now committing earlier than in the past. If thats the case why are we lagging behind? I know our staff is out there working hard. I have been and continue to be a Bo Pelini backer. I am just wondering do we need to revise our game plan. Seems we get the game within our sights but have trouble pulling the trigger.

Ok RR, Flas, and others tell me where I am all wrong. I am hoping u will as maybe that will alleviate my frustration. Normally I am a half glass is full person. I know its unrealistic to think we will be a top 10 recruiting school but think its reasonable to expect being in the top 15 on a regular basis.
    If we took the caliber of recruits Iowa does we would have more than 15 right now...

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    If we took the caliber of recruits Iowa does we would have more than 15 right now...

Bingo. Iowa did a solid job of gaining these commitments and causing the likes of UNI, Toledo, Ball State, and Bowling Green to start scrambling.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says donít force the stupid people to be quiet ó I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Bingo. Iowa did a solid job of gaining these commitments and causing the likes of UNI, Toledo, Ball State, and Bowling Green to start scrambling.
    Dang...everyone's scrambling these days.

Bingo....we are fine....this is going to be a class in the 25-28 range and 6 of the 11 onboard already are 4-stars by at least one service and our LS was rated a 5-star by the expert on that position...I think we are doing extremely well and are close to landing quite a bit more quality....

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

I'm pretty sure when it's all over that we won't have any egg on our faces.

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    Dang...everyone's scrambling these days.
    I know what you mean, I was making some eggs for the kids the other day... and it made me think of recruiting.
    I'm the one guy who says donít force the stupid people to be quiet ó I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

Im probably going to get destroyed for this but it seems like all we have got under Bo is a bunch of nice recruits. We have yet to pull in the top talent that Cali and Tom for the most part were able to. Their classes were filled with a lot of nice players then a few blue chip caliber kids. Bo’s best recruits were 3 star players who developed into studs. Say what you want about our disadvantages Cali was able to convince top notch talent to come to Lincoln, they didn’t pan out but that is from a lack of coaching. Bo can coach and Bo can develop talent but just imagine if he had 5 star caliber players to develop instead of 3 star players.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy44 View Post
    Im probably going to get destroyed for this but it seems like all we have got under Bo is a bunch of nice recruits. We have yet to pull in the top talent that Cali and Tom for the most part were able to. Their classes were filled with a lot of nice players then a few blue chip caliber kids. Bo’s best recruits were 3 star players who developed into studs. Say what you want about our disadvantages Cali was able to convince top notch talent to come to Lincoln, they didn’t pan out but that is from a lack of coaching. Bo can coach and Bo can develop talent but just imagine if he had 5 star caliber players to develop instead of 3 star players.
    You are going to get destroyed for it because it is wrong.

Hope the weather is nice in San Diego....

Im probably going to get destroyed for this but it seems like all we have got under Bo is a bunch of nice recruits. We have yet to pull in the top talent that Cali and Tom for the most part were able to. Their classes were filled with a lot of nice players then a few blue chip caliber kids. Boís best recruits were 3 star players who developed into studs. Say what you want about our disadvantages Cali was able to convince top notch talent to come to Lincoln, they didnít pan out but that is from a lack of coaching. Bo can coach and Bo can develop talent but just imagine if he had 5 star caliber players to develop instead of 3 star players.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Hope the weather is nice in San Diego....
    HaHa. I'll keep my opinions to myself

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    HaHa. I'll keep my opinions to myself
    Nope without random opinions (good, bad or otherwise) the site would be worse and be boring, and we would be scrambling to find a new site to be addicted too.

True statement dat...

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Nope without random opinions (good, bad or otherwise) the site would be worse and be boring, and we would be scrambling to find a new site to be addicted too.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post

Depends on WHO those 15 recruits are. jUst because they have a boatload of recruits in June doesn't mean they are kicking tail in recruiting.