Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Rules on Affordable Care Act

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I never claimed to be an expert in your business. I do know quite a bit about how to run a business and how one should run it. It really isn't rocket science. You are the one blaming others for your (potential) failure and seeking to play the victim role. I agree, I am the master. But it's at turning your own arguments around on you.

Quit blaming others for your personal/business failures.

Think outside the box.

Your failure would be a direct result of bad decisions you've made.

If you want to be successful the government isn't preventing you from doing that. Especially if others in your business end up being very successful. In short, it won't be the government that causes you to fail, it will be your fault.

But in all honesty, I don't even think it will happen. I think you'll end up retiring very comfortably at the time and place of your choice.
    Same could be said for individuals and taking care of themselves

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Husker Immortal
    Well at least the Supreme Court has ruled the President is a liar and by a 5-4 vote. It is a tax and always was a tax.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Same could be said for individuals and taking care of themselves
    Finally someone sees the parallel. Kudos CC!

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Obama is a liar because he's now taxing the poor.
    That's right. But Bush appointed Roberts so Obama can either gloat in victory if this works out, or STILL blame Bush.

Cornhusker since 1969
    It was always a tax. This was one of the arguments used when defending it to the Supremes. It just was kept low key because saying the word tax in todays political environment is like yelling fire in a crowded movie theater.

All Big 10

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska1 View Post
    It was always a tax. This was one of the arguments used when defending it to the Supremes. It just was kept low key because saying the word tax in todays political environment is like yelling fire in a crowded movie theater.
    "It was always a tax."

What exactly is "it"? That a very important definition.

The mandate provides a choice: Buy insurance or pay a tax/penalty.

It is not a tax raise on general public. The typical American won't see a raise in taxes based on this decision or the ACA generally (though other costs may be passed to them in other ways).

We just need to be real clear about what the decision says and what the law requires.
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    That's right. But Bush appointed Roberts so Obama can either gloat in victory if this works out, or STILL blame Bush.

All Legend
    So you admit President Obama lied about Obamacare funding.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Cornhusker since 1969
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post

Nope. He was just playing politics. Just like the boys on the other side of the aisle. If you take points away for playing fast and lose with the truth, we would have very few people left in DC.

Cornhusker since 1969
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    "It was always a tax."

What exactly is "it"? That a very important definition.

The mandate provides a choice: Buy insurance or pay a tax/penalty.

It is not a tax raise on general public. The typical American won't see a raise in taxes based on this decision or the ACA generally (though other costs may be passed to them in other ways).

We just need to be real clear about what the decision says and what the law requires.
    It is the Affordable Care Act.

All Big 10

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... right there is the misconstruing, at least as it relates to the mandate.

The mandate isn't a source of general funding. It's a mechanism to ensure that everyone who can afford to does indeed enter the insurance pool.

The ACA doesn't rely on the mandate in order to be funded... in fact, in an ideal world, no one at all would pay that tax.

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Junior Varsity
    I'll have to admit that I have no real idea what the ultimate financial impact will be on us American citizens in the long haul. I have long felt that a one-size-fits-all solution to a problem that seems to really effect about 10 million people who have fallen through the cracks is somewhat extreme (sort of like the jobs bill that amounted to $100-200k cost for every job "created").

What I DO think will happen is that the Right will find this decision quite energizing for the fall election. As someone on here mentioned, perhaps a sleeping giant will be awakened.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

All Big 10

It is the Affordable Care Act.
    Then that would be an incorrect statement.

At least as it's written now.

Husker Fan

Nope. He was just playing politics. Just like the boys on the other side of the aisle. If you take points away for playing fast and lose with the truth, we would have very few people left in DC.
    and what's wrong with this?

All Legend
    "not one dime" - president Obama's "read my lips, no new taxes"
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.