Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: DONU Leadership

Travel Squad

DONU Leadership

http://huskernsider.tumblr.com/post/...re-changing-nu

I typically avoid York's puff pieces, but this one was primarily a survey of other's perceptions of Dear ol' Nebraska U -- insightful AND exciting. This alum is stoked about our evolving reputation.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    http://huskernsider.tumblr.com/post/...re-changing-nu

I typically avoid York's puff pieces, but this one was primarily a survey of other's perceptions of Dear ol' Nebraska U -- insightful AND exciting. This alum is stoked about our evolving reputation.
    Thanks for that, great article!

All Legend
    This quote was echoed by several in that piece, but this is an example:

Matt Hodson was struck when Tom Osborne recognized the need for the safety of every athlete and the obligation each school has to prepare their students for life. “To listen to somebody who’s been such a large part of college football for so long and to hear him talk about the need now to do something really different for the student-athlete, including stipends, I just thought it was all right on point,” Hodson said. “Coach Osbornetalks about life skills and success in life with the same gusto and pride as athletics. It was fantastic. I wish every AD had that kind of emphasis. If they did, we wouldn’t be talking about what’s wrong with the NCAA. That was a genuine AD who wants student-athletes to come in and leave as better people.

Anyone who thinks Tom Osborne - or Perlman who either matches or is positively influenced by T.O. - are just like any other administrators, simply needs to listen more closely. Neither of them are perfect, but they get the big things right.

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    This quote was echoed by several in that piece, but this is an example:

Anyone who thinks Tom Osborne - or Perlman who either matches or is positively influenced by T.O. - are just like any other administrators, simply needs to listen more closely. Neither of them are perfect, but they get the big things right.
    As you guys all know, having been a student of Perlman's I am extremely biased, but I think he is just doing an absolutely outstanding job at moving the University forward, especially in the academic realm, which is what really counts. Great article Mort, thanks for posting.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    As you guys all know, having been a student of Perlman's I am extremely biased, but I think he is just doing an absolutely outstanding job at moving the University forward, especially in the academic realm, which is what really counts. Great article Mort, thanks for posting.
    What are you saying?

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    What are you saying?
    If you're trying to get me to come out and literally say "college football is less important than academics at a university" you'll never succeed, because I fully realize that such a statement would be a Class I misdemeanor in the state of Nebraska.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

All Legend
    Chitown is spot on. People need to understand math for down and distance, reading for the names on the uniforms. Writing for... well, message boards.

Chitown is spot on. People need to understand math for down and distance, reading for the names on the uniforms. Writing for... well, message boards.
    Case in point. Most Nebraskans understood that when the game clock reads 0:00, the game is over. Texans, and the referees they employ, have faulty math skills, and believe that there is still one second left in the game.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    I'm glad I could help you guys get back on the right track. You had me worried.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I was able to spend a little time with the Chancellor as a member of his honorary group and couldn't agree more. He has come a long ways from a confidence vote of the faculty. Getting the big stuff right is exactly what these two are doing.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius