Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spain v Portugal

All Big 10

Spain v Portugal

Who ya got? Personally, I am rooting for El Roja Furia. After three years in Portugal, I will never root for them.
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

Husker Fan

Portugal

All Big 10
    26 minutes in, and we are level 0-0

Husker Fan

This referee is very iffy for both sides

Scout Team
    HUGE SAVE BY PORTUGAL

Man, Spain is the New Italy when it comes to diving

Scout Team
    GREAT SAVE BY PATRICIO

POW, SAVE BY CASILLAS 0-0 after 1 round

1-1 after 2 PK's

2-2 after 3 PK's

3-2 Spain after Portugal hits the bar...Spain can win it all AND Rinaldo has not even taken a PK yet

Febregas slots it home, and Team Dive makes it thru.

Really cannot understand why the best goal scorer in the world does not even get a chance to try in the 1st 4...stunning

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    BARELY!
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsee View Post

Really cannot understand why the best goal scorer in the world does not even get a chance to try in the 1st 4...stunning
    I would assume everyone in the world, other than Portugal's coach, is wondering why.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Husker Fan

to close it out on the 5th kick. Usually one puts their best scorer last.

Also, once one has submitted the roster/order of 5 kickers to the referee, it cannot be changed.

Rodivo is a great player....but lets be honest....he has the goal scoring totals he does because LaLiga is a two team league....he never got anywhere neat that in the EPL except for one season with 43 in all competitions....same goes for Messi too.....great player, but would be lucky to score 25 a season in England....if he survived the physicality of the league....

GREAT SAVE BY PATRICIO

POW, SAVE BY CASILLAS 0-0 after 1 round

1-1 after 2 PK's

2-2 after 3 PK's

3-2 Spain after Portugal hits the bar...Spain can win it all AND Rinaldo has not even taken a PK yet

Febregas slots it home, and Team Dive makes it thru.

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

FWIW I can't stand Spain....the way they behaved when they lost to the USA and Switzerland and even in a friendly loss to England was beyond the pail....

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    FWIW I can't stand Spain....the way they behaved when they lost to the USA and Switzerland and even in a friendly loss to England was beyond the pail....
    The Portuguese are still blaming the referee for their loss against the USA in the World Cup, so lets not forget about their poor manners as well. Neither team is gracious when they lose. However, I like the style that Spain plays - pass you to death until you make a mistake and pounce - much more than Portugal's style - dive, whine & cry.

Good point...no neither is....

I hate the style Spain plays...its boring....its anti-football....

Spain leads the pack in diving....some of these guys could make the Spanish Olympic team....

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrHusker View Post
    The Portuguese are still blaming the referee for their loss against the USA in the World Cup, so lets not forget about their poor manners as well. Neither team is gracious when they lose. However, I like the style that Spain plays - pass you to death until you make a mistake and pounce - much more than Portugal's style - dive, whine & cry.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Rodivo is a great player....but lets be honest....he has the goal scoring totals he does because LaLiga is a two team league....he never got anywhere neat that in the EPL except for one season with 43 in all competitions....same goes for Messi too.....great player, but would be lucky to score 25 a season in England....if he survived the physicality of the league....
    Just curious then RR, who do you believe to the best player in the world and who do you believe to be the best scorer in the world? Most would put Messi and CR7 1 and 2. Not saying they're right, just curious.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Messi and Ronaldo benifit from playing in a lopsided two team league....Messi has never produced for Argentina in FIFA sanctioned matches like he does at Barcalona surrounded by an whose who all-star team....my opinion is he wouldn't survive in the EPL...the physicality of the game would wear him down if he didn't get hurt....pretty much the same goes for Ronaldo....he did well in the EPL but nowhere near what he has in LaLiga where the week in and week out competiton is nowhere near what he faced in England....nor has he had a sterling national team career either...

Balotelli when he is on his game and can get past his nutter antics is the best pure striker in the world in my opinion....he showed so against Germany....he makes it look easy....

Best player in the world?....hard to say because the leagues are also different...Ronaldo and Messi get hurt in my opinion because the competition they play against week in and week out is a joke compared to the EPL and even the Bundasliga.....and neither have shined on the international level....

Guess I'm not most I wouldn't put them 1 and 2....

I'd probably go with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.....based on his full body of work....both club wise and international....yeah I know odd pick....but he has done it all....

Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    Just curious then RR, who do you believe to the best player in the world and who do you believe to be the best scorer in the world? Most would put Messi and CR7 1 and 2. Not saying they're right, just curious.