Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslim Brotherhood Egypt

Blackshirt

Muslim Brotherhood Egypt

How do you all feel about it today? Not too long ago, there were supporters of the MB in Egypt claiming they were a peaceful Democratic wing.

I see Egypt worse off now and soon to get much, much worse. I predict war within a year and the liquidation of all Christians (by evacuation or murder) from Egypt very soon.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    How do you all feel about it today? Not too long ago, there were supporters of the MB in Egypt claiming they were a peaceful Democratic wing.

I see Egypt worse off now and soon to get much, much worse. I predict war within a year and the liquidation of all Christians (by evacuation or murder) from Egypt very soon.
    It is already happening thousands of coptic Christians have fled Egypt over the past year...they see what is coming.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    I predict war within a year and the liquidation of all Christians (by evacuation or murder) from Egypt very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    It is already happening thousands of coptic Christians have fled Egypt over the past year...they see what is coming.

Nothing wrong with genocide as long as it's peaceful.

Uh guys? No genocide has occurred yet. Yes, there has been violence against Coptic Christians, but not state-sponsored violence. Right now, the president is powerless. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but as of right now, I see zero factual basis for assuming that the Muslim Brotherhood is automatically going to commit genocide or any other atrocities.

Turkey has transitioned to a secuular government to one with religious muslims in positions of power and there has been no violence toward ethnic minorities and indeed a general increase in religious tolerance across the board.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

All Big 10

I remember pictures of Christians protecting Muslim protesters. I'm not sure the relations across the country are as tense as some perceive, though there are certainly regional issues.

By the way, didn't the new president resign from the MB?

I'm less concerned about his relationship with Christians than I am with his relationship with Iran and Israel.

I'm more concerned with right wing religious principals becoming law in this country.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    I'm more concerned with right wing religious principals becoming law in this country.
    Yup I would hate for that thou shall not murder or steal law to get passed
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Yes. That's exactly what I meant. We liberal progressive terrorists are joining forces with the godless atheistic anarchist to release all violent criminals from prison too. Lock your doors.

Yes. That's exactly what I meant. We liberal progressive terrorists are joining forces with the godless atheistic anarchist to release all violent criminals from prison too. Lock your doors.
    Or we'll send Pippi Bongstocking after you.

All Big 10

They already are prohibited.

Systematic discrimination or invasion of ones personal being are the more controversial issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    They already are prohibited.

Systematic discrimination or invasion of ones personal being are the more controversial issues.
    Do you claim those issues are the result of actions by "right wing religious principals [sic]?"

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Jesus and conservatives teaming up is very frightening indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Jesus and conservatives teaming up is very frightening indeed.
    Hate to break it to you, but Jesus was a liberal.

He annoyed the, um, bejebus out of the conservatives of his day.

All Big 10

Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Do you claim those issues are the result of actions by "right wing religious principals [sic]?"
    I don't understand your question.

On a different note, your cartoon, while mildly humorous, fails to point out that the government helped provide the clean water, roads for the man's hat, basket, and rod to be delivered, a standard inspection to insurance the rod is usable in the way it's claims to be and probably a host of other goods and services that enabled the man to pull fish out of the water.

Society Crazy Indeed
    I wish you would all stop this talk cause i am Muslim...so let it be known to mods i am offended

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.