Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 116 of 116

Thread: 3 parts of Arizona's immigration law declared unconsitutional

  1. #101
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,495
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I was asking for a link that supported your shouted assertion that "COUNTY ELECTION COMMISSIONERS IN 64 OF 67 FLORIDA COUNTIES REFUSE TO ENFORCE THE PURGE." When I googled it, I saw places like DailyKos making similar assertions, but I know you didn't get your information from there because you have never been on a liberal blog in your life. So I was just wondering where you got that information.
    Had to "shout" because you kept ignoring and/or purposefully dodging the point I was trying to make (and which the link provided validates). I will ignore your ongoing taunts regarding your misrepresentation of what I said about liberal blogs. You can put to rest that weak and failed attempt at generating some "gotcha moment" or a meltdown from me about liberal blogs. Troll on.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Had to "shout" because you kept ignoring and/or purposefully dodging the point I was trying to make (and which the link provided validates). I will ignore your ongoing taunts regarding your misrepresentation of what I said about liberal blogs. You can put to rest that weak and failed attempt at generating some "gotcha moment" or a meltdown from me about liberal blogs. Troll on.

    I love how you say I misrepresent what YOU said. Had someone hijacked your account when the poster represented as Warhorse said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Never been on a liberal blog in my life.
    Because if your account is being hijacked by someone, you should either change your password or let us know. We can help you maintain account security.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  3. #103
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    I will ignore your ongoing taunts regarding your misrepresentation of what I said about liberal blogs. You can put to rest that weak and failed attempt at generating some "gotcha moment" or a meltdown from me about liberal blogs. Troll on.
    Amazing, truly amazing. There was no misrepresentation at all, except from you when you claimed that you'd never in your life been on a liberal blog. (See my signature.)

  4. #104
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    17,582
    Interesting how the DOJ doesn't want to work with Florida to help secure the voting roles of Florida from illegal and fraudulent voters. Doesn't want to work with AZ to secure the states from people entering the state illegally from Mexico. Is blocking SC and TX from implementing voter ID laws.What do all these state have in common? They are all Red states with Republican governors...but it those Republican Governors playing politics?(I am sure I could find more examples of the DOJ...I know the EPA has targeted the state of Florida with new clean water regulations that as a state we could never meet.)
    “Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy




  5. #105
    Travel Squad
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,969
    I don't know how refusing to grant a state access to a sensitive intelligence database is somehow aiding fraud.

    I would like to think that my government is at least as careful with my information as my doctor and credit card company -- I don't want them sharing it.

    PS I'm not against cleaning up the voter rolls, just against using HSA databases to do it.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

  6. #106
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    17,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    I don't know how refusing to grant a state access to a sensitive intelligence database is somehow aiding fraud.

    I would like to think that my government is at least as careful with my information as my doctor and credit card company -- I don't want them sharing it.

    PS I'm not against cleaning up the voter rolls, just against using HSA databases to do it.
    From what I understand from an interview I watched a few weeks ago on local news, the state wanted to send the State data to the Feds so they compare the State data on things like citizenship, felon, State of residency, flag if they are a know to be in the US illegally, if they are dead (there might be other things but nothing secret). The state already has this information on their citizens but the Federal database is more accurate because it collects from another states and federal database. People move in and out of Florida a lot more than most any other state and this check would allow the state to update it's database and find people on the roles that might be finding a felony in another state, residency in another state, etc.

    The sensitive nature argument just doesn't add up. The State of Florida is not looking for new data but just verifying data it currently has on its citizens.

    Also WH claim that the majority of clerks don't want to purge because they view it as illegal is false as well. There might be a few (in democrat strong holds like south Florida but most don't want to get involved in lawsuits with the DOJ. They would rather wait for the State to get it sorted out first.

    The administration refuses to work with the States as you can see with their with drawl from AZ and FL wanting to protect the integrity of its vote.
    “Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy




  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    I don't know how refusing to grant a state access to a sensitive intelligence database is somehow aiding fraud.

    I would like to think that my government is at least as careful with my information as my doctor and credit card company -- I don't want them sharing it.

    PS I'm not against cleaning up the voter rolls, just against using HSA databases to do it.
    States and the federal government share highly sensitive information on a daily basis, whether it is Medicare/Medicaid, tax data, criminal data. Both entities are sovereigns that are constitutionally bound to work together and share information. As Mona Lisa Vito would say, that argument does not hold watah.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  8. #108
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,495
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I love how you say I misrepresent what YOU said. Had someone hijacked your account when the poster represented as Warhorse said:



    Because if your account is being hijacked by someone, you should either change your password or let us know. We can help you maintain account security.
    Not going to discuss but instead continue this childish "liberal blog" trolling nonsense? (and putting it in large font just makes it so much more believable and paints you as a true professional ) Got it. Could someone in authority at HM please find out what this poster who purports to be Chitown Husker has done with the actual Chi? You know, the moderate Republican lawyer who posts and moderates in a respectful and thoughtful professional manner, even when he disagrees with the politics of other posters.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  9. #109
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,495
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    From what I understand from an interview I watched a few weeks ago on local news, the state wanted to send the State data to the Feds so they compare the State data on things like citizenship, felon, State of residency, flag if they are a know to be in the US illegally, if they are dead (there might be other things but nothing secret). The state already has this information on their citizens but the Federal database is more accurate because it collects from another states and federal database. People move in and out of Florida a lot more than most any other state and this check would allow the state to update it's database and find people on the roles that might be finding a felony in another state, residency in another state, etc.

    The sensitive nature argument just doesn't add up. The State of Florida is not looking for new data but just verifying data it currently has on its citizens.

    Also WH claim that the majority of clerks don't want to purge because they view it as illegal is false as well. There might be a few (in democrat strong holds like south Florida but most don't want to get involved in lawsuits with the DOJ. They would rather wait for the State to get it sorted out first.

    The administration refuses to work with the States as you can see with their with drawl from AZ and FL wanting to protect the integrity of its vote.
    The purge is dead in the water because 64 of 67 county election commissioners, both Dems and Pubs, refuse to carry it out.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    The purge is dead in the water because 64 of 67 county election commissioners, both Dems and Pubs, refuse to carry it out.

    Link?
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  11. #111
    Starter
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,186
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Link?

    Its not worth it Chi.. When someone continues to post baseless and nonsensical information its best to place them on ignore.. It clears up all of the clutter, like spam email

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

  12. #112
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,495
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Link?
    I believe I provided a link from the Miami Hearld earlier that supports that statement. Did you perhaps remove your tinfoil hat too soon or consider googling TIA. Hint you and CC should reference post #92.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    I believe I provided a link from the Miami Hearld earlier that supports that statement. Did you perhaps remove your tinfoil hat too soon or consider googling TIA.
    There's nothing about 64 of 67 commissioners in there. Do you have a link for that? Because I'd really like to read what the underlying reasoning was for not going forward. I'm not willing to take you at your word that they all thought cleansing the registration rolls of ineligible voters was improper. Assuming that your 64 of 67 number is correct, it is entirely plausible that some or all chose not to move forward because they did not want to be sued by the DOJ.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Its not worth it Chi.. When someone continues to post baseless and nonsensical information its best to place them on ignore.. It clears up all of the clutter, like spam email

    And deprive myself of one of the highlights of my day? Never!
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  15. #115
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,495
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    There's nothing about 64 of 67 commissioners in there. Do you have a link for that? Because I'd really like to read what the underlying reasoning was for not going forward. I'm not willing to take you at your word that they all thought cleansing the registration rolls of ineligible voters was improper. Assuming that your 64 of 67 number is correct, it is entirely plausible that some or all chose not to move forward because they did not want to be sued by the DOJ.
    From the second paragraph of the link I posted:

    "The 67 county elections supervisors — who have final say over voter purges —are not moving forward with the purge for now because nearly all of them don’t trust the accuracy of a list of nearly 2,700 potential noncitizens identified by the state’s elections office.The U.S. Department of Justice has ordered the state to stop the purge
    Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/0...#storylink=cpy"

    Please note that the article declares that all 67 election supervisors (NOT 64 of 67 as I first stated) are not moving forward and please carefully read (for a change) why they are not moving forward. Happy to clear up your misunderstandings and would be happy to give you some tips to improve your reading comprehension skills.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  16. #116
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    17,582
    My link says that most of those election supervisor did want to purge because they didn't want to get drawn into a fight between the state ag and doj.
    “Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •