Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Newsroom on HBO

Habitual Line Crosser

The Newsroom on HBO

Did anyone else watch this last night? I thought it was very good. Typical Aaron Sorkin dialogue heavy show, but I like Sorkin shows

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

God of Huskermax

I love Sorkin shows but did not get to watch it.

Husker Immortal
    I was going to but got bad vibes from some interviews and articles. Too early for another West Wing for me.

Travel Squad
    ...wish I had HBO.

HUGE Sorkin fan - American President, Sports Night, West Wing, Studio 60, Social Network -- guy has the Midas touch.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

never too early for another West Wing....man that show as great

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    never too early for another West Wing....man that show as great
    Indeed.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Yeah, watched it and liked it, I think it'll be pretty entertaining. If you are a Sorkin fan you will feel right at home with this. Lots of speechifying by smart people, a little romance, some pretty good intensity at times.

Red Shirt
    I saw that it was on, but it was ending and didn't want to watch it. Definately going to watch, hopefully it helps fill the gap before new seasons of Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones.

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed Mosquito View Post
    I saw that it was on, but it was ending and didn't want to watch it. Definately going to watch, hopefully it helps fill the gap before new seasons of Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones.
    One can only hope. Boardwalk should return soon, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

I really enjoyed it, but it really is getting ripped pretty good by critics

Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    I really enjoyed it, but it really is getting ripped pretty good by critics
    I was really surprised by this, but critics have seen the first 4 episodes, not just the pilot, so maybe it goes downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    ...wish I had HBO.

HUGE Sorkin fan - American President, Sports Night, West Wing, Studio 60, Social Network -- guy has the Midas touch.
    SECOND this. The critics hated Studio 60--my believe is they thought it was another WestWing, it wasn't as serious and I really liked it.

I watched this last night. I enjoyed the intro quite a bit...but the dialogue got a bit heavy for me

Ep1 is free on Comcast OnDemand for those of you with that service. I'm checking it out right now.

When the guy gets on his soapbox at the beginning and says the US is only #1 in three things (people who believe in angels, % incarcerated, and defense spending) I almost shut it off. Sooooooo incorrect.

We're #1 in this other thing called "GDP." I'm not sure what that means but I think it's important. We have a money fruit industry, this company called "Apple" sells lots of its products worldwide. I think we have some other good companies too. And our armed forces aren't something to minimize...I mean, unless you like Nazis. Do you like Nazis?

Anyways I'll watch some more but sometimes Sorkin's brand of misinformed rage gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    ...wish I had HBO.

His shows are catnip for liberals.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II