Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Stanton coming back!!!!!!!!!!

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    He will be bringing pretty much his whole family back with him to Lincoln on Tuesday now that they are back from Italy! More details to come!
    With all due respect to the other 4* QBs like Aaron Bailey, Malik Zaire, Anthony Jennings, Matt Alviti or really any other QB who has seriously considered Nebraska, IMPO Johnny Stanton is the best one. He represents the best option and I think is a 60-40 lean.

I think the dream QB scenario is Stanton and Kincade as they could be the top two players on the Husker board right now. It could likely end up Stanton-Hobbs, which would be nice. IMPO if you get Stanton, you could actually look to use that other QB spot on a position like WR, DB or RB. I am a big fan of Stanton's. Dont get me wrong, I also really like Aaron Bailey and Anthony Jennings but just not as much. Johnny Stanton is very underrated. For him to not be a unanimous 4* by all recruiting services is baffling to me. IMPO he is clearly one of the top 15 QBs in the country, regardless of if they are "pro-style" or "Dual-Threat".

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    With all due respect to the other 4* QBs like Aaron Bailey, Malik Zaire, Anthony Jennings, Matt Alviti or really any other QB who has seriously considered Nebraska, IMPO Johnny Stanton is the best one. He represents the best option and I think is a 60-40 lean.

I think the dream QB scenario is Stanton and Kincade as they could be the top two players on the Husker board right now. It could likely end up Stanton-Hobbs, which would be nice. IMPO if you get Stanton, you could actually look to use that other QB spot on a position like WR, DB or RB. I am a big fan of Stanton's. Dont get me wrong, I also really like Aaron Bailey and Anthony Jennings but just not as much. Johnny Stanton is very underrated. For him to not be a unanimous 4* by all recruiting services is baffling to me. IMPO he is clearly one of the top 15 QBs in the country, regardless of if they are "pro-style" or "Dual-Threat".
    As always, thanks for your input.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Agree with that entirely

All American
    Just checking in on the recruiting board, and reading all this for the first time. I was impressed by the video. The kid has elusiveness. He makes good decisions with the ball, and good reads. He FINISHES his runs (puts his shoulder down and does not shy away from contact.). Looks like he can throw on the move, or in the pocket.

I'm getting excited for Tuesday/Wednesday, now.
    Go Big Red!

Scout Team
    This would really be a great addition to this recruiting class. This would help draw wide receivers running backs imo. This class is really shaping up.
    Husker follower since 1962

Red Shirt

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    This has never stopped anyone before.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax

Red Shirt
    Thanks for the video NATIVE this young man looks like a veteran at QB. He's especially poised in the pocket, knows the offense , especially where his receivers ,are seems to have great touch on his passes, he can scramble and run but always seems to look for an open receiver. If the Huskers can land him I may celebrate with a Yuengling or two.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Junior Varsity

"The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    Thanks for the video NATIVE this young man looks like a veteran at QB. He's especially poised in the pocket, knows the offense , especially where his receivers ,are seems to have great touch on his passes, he can scramble and run but always seems to look for an open receiver. If the Huskers can land him I may celebrate with a Yuengling or two.
    SBHusker deserves the credit, mine was a reply with quote. (is this post 1,000,000)
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    SBHusker deserves the credit, mine was a reply with quote. (is this post 1,000,000)
    Pretty sure this one is #1000000

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    Pretty sure this one is #1000000
    Sorry, you're still almost 30,000 short.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    I didnt wanna say anything just in case had had been tapping into the Yuengling this am!

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

SM Sr. QB Johnny Stanton: 2012 Nike Airstike 7-on-7 Tournament

Johnny Stanton completed 73 of 97 passes for 23 touchdowns, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at the Nike Airstrike 7-on-7 Tournament hosted by Dana Hills High in Dana Point, Calif.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post
    Just checking in on the recruiting board, and reading all this for the first time. I was impressed by the video. The kid has elusiveness. He makes good decisions with the ball, and good reads. He FINISHES his runs (puts his shoulder down and does not shy away from contact.). Looks like he can throw on the move, or in the pocket.

I'm getting excited for Tuesday/Wednesday, now.
    Totally agree.. Sure hope mom enjoys the visit. I'm pretty sure she will. GBR

Can't wait for Stanton to see the entire football facilities this time around along with the coaches on Wednesday.

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by 215Husker View Post
    Can't wait for Stanton to see the entire football facilities this time around along with the coaches on Wednesday.
    Agreed!

back from Sao Paulo, now Tucson and Raleigh
    This is the kind of thread that has me swimming in the koolaid. I hope this leads to a commitment this week, with several others to follow, and then finally the season. Thanks to the four or five recruiting gurus who keep us up-to-date on what is happening. I think the indications are that this will be a fantastic class, with results on the field to follow shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post

like to see he loves to throw with those worn in footballs. should fit in really well here at Nebraska since that seems to be what kind of footballs we like to play with on saturdays

Teaser of HIO's front page:

Johnny Stanton begins his two day visit to Lincoln on Tuesday, and if all goes well, Coach Harry Welch believes it could be his star player's future home
    http://nebraska.rivals.com/
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season