Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 146

Thread: Johnny Stanton coming back!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #41
    Scout Team
    N2FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    He will be bringing pretty much his whole family back with him to Lincoln on Tuesday now that they are back from Italy! More details to come!
    With all due respect to the other 4* QBs like Aaron Bailey, Malik Zaire, Anthony Jennings, Matt Alviti or really any other QB who has seriously considered Nebraska, IMPO Johnny Stanton is the best one. He represents the best option and I think is a 60-40 lean.

    I think the dream QB scenario is Stanton and Kincade as they could be the top two players on the Husker board right now. It could likely end up Stanton-Hobbs, which would be nice. IMPO if you get Stanton, you could actually look to use that other QB spot on a position like WR, DB or RB. I am a big fan of Stanton's. Dont get me wrong, I also really like Aaron Bailey and Anthony Jennings but just not as much. Johnny Stanton is very underrated. For him to not be a unanimous 4* by all recruiting services is baffling to me. IMPO he is clearly one of the top 15 QBs in the country, regardless of if they are "pro-style" or "Dual-Threat".

  2. #42
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,230
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    With all due respect to the other 4* QBs like Aaron Bailey, Malik Zaire, Anthony Jennings, Matt Alviti or really any other QB who has seriously considered Nebraska, IMPO Johnny Stanton is the best one. He represents the best option and I think is a 60-40 lean.

    I think the dream QB scenario is Stanton and Kincade as they could be the top two players on the Husker board right now. It could likely end up Stanton-Hobbs, which would be nice. IMPO if you get Stanton, you could actually look to use that other QB spot on a position like WR, DB or RB. I am a big fan of Stanton's. Dont get me wrong, I also really like Aaron Bailey and Anthony Jennings but just not as much. Johnny Stanton is very underrated. For him to not be a unanimous 4* by all recruiting services is baffling to me. IMPO he is clearly one of the top 15 QBs in the country, regardless of if they are "pro-style" or "Dual-Threat".
    As always, thanks for your input.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    With all due respect to the other 4* QBs like Aaron Bailey, Malik Zaire, Anthony Jennings, Matt Alviti or really any other QB who has seriously considered Nebraska, IMPO Johnny Stanton is the best one. He represents the best option and I think is a 60-40 lean.

    I think the dream QB scenario is Stanton and Kincade as they could be the top two players on the Husker board right now. It could likely end up Stanton-Hobbs, which would be nice. IMPO if you get Stanton, you could actually look to use that other QB spot on a position like WR, DB or RB. I am a big fan of Stanton's. Dont get me wrong, I also really like Aaron Bailey and Anthony Jennings but just not as much. Johnny Stanton is very underrated. For him to not be a unanimous 4* by all recruiting services is baffling to me. IMPO he is clearly one of the top 15 QBs in the country, regardless of if they are "pro-style" or "Dual-Threat".

    Agree with that entirely

  4. #44
    All American
    Husker Country Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    25,715
    Just checking in on the recruiting board, and reading all this for the first time. I was impressed by the video. The kid has elusiveness. He makes good decisions with the ball, and good reads. He FINISHES his runs (puts his shoulder down and does not shy away from contact.). Looks like he can throw on the move, or in the pocket.

    I'm getting excited for Tuesday/Wednesday, now.
    Go Big Red!

  5. #45
    Scout Team
    denisonred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Ia
    Posts
    3,200
    This would really be a great addition to this recruiting class. This would help draw wide receivers running backs imo. This class is really shaping up.
    Husker follower since 1962

  6. #46
    Red Shirt
    gutterputt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Island, Ne
    Posts
    1,484

  7. #47
    ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Native's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    This has never stopped anyone before.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax

  8. #48
    Red Shirt
    YUENGLING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pottsville, pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,211
    Thanks for the video NATIVE this young man looks like a veteran at QB. He's especially poised in the pocket, knows the offense , especially where his receivers ,are seems to have great touch on his passes, he can scramble and run but always seems to look for an open receiver. If the Huskers can land him I may celebrate with a Yuengling or two.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

  9. #49
    Junior Varsity
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    With all due respect to the other 4* QBs like Aaron Bailey, Malik Zaire, Anthony Jennings, Matt Alviti or really any other QB who has seriously considered Nebraska, IMPO Johnny Stanton is the best one. He represents the best option and I think is a 60-40 lean.

    I think the dream QB scenario is Stanton and Kincade as they could be the top two players on the Husker board right now. It could likely end up Stanton-Hobbs, which would be nice. IMPO if you get Stanton, you could actually look to use that other QB spot on a position like WR, DB or RB. I am a big fan of Stanton's. Dont get me wrong, I also really like Aaron Bailey and Anthony Jennings but just not as much. Johnny Stanton is very underrated. For him to not be a unanimous 4* by all recruiting services is baffling to me. IMPO he is clearly one of the top 15 QBs in the country, regardless of if they are "pro-style" or "Dual-Threat".
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

  10. #50
    ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Native's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    Thanks for the video NATIVE this young man looks like a veteran at QB. He's especially poised in the pocket, knows the offense , especially where his receivers ,are seems to have great touch on his passes, he can scramble and run but always seems to look for an open receiver. If the Huskers can land him I may celebrate with a Yuengling or two.
    SBHusker deserves the credit, mine was a reply with quote. (is this post 1,000,000)
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax

  11. #51
    Red Shirt
    Huskerpilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    SBHusker deserves the credit, mine was a reply with quote. (is this post 1,000,000)
    Pretty sure this one is #1000000

  12. #52
    Husker Immortal
    carrolltonsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    134,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    Pretty sure this one is #1000000
    Sorry, you're still almost 30,000 short.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)


  13. #53
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    SBHusker deserves the credit, mine was a reply with quote. (is this post 1,000,000)
    I didnt wanna say anything just in case had had been tapping into the Yuengling this am!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  14. #54
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,703

    SM Sr. QB Johnny Stanton: 2012 Nike Airstike 7-on-7 Tournament

    Johnny Stanton completed 73 of 97 passes for 23 touchdowns, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at the Nike Airstrike 7-on-7 Tournament hosted by Dana Hills High in Dana Point, Calif.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  15. #55
    Scout Team
    HuttoHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hutto Texas
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post
    Just checking in on the recruiting board, and reading all this for the first time. I was impressed by the video. The kid has elusiveness. He makes good decisions with the ball, and good reads. He FINISHES his runs (puts his shoulder down and does not shy away from contact.). Looks like he can throw on the move, or in the pocket.

    I'm getting excited for Tuesday/Wednesday, now.
    Totally agree.. Sure hope mom enjoys the visit. I'm pretty sure she will. GBR

  16. #56
    Can't wait for Stanton to see the entire football facilities this time around along with the coaches on Wednesday.

  17. #57
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,230
    Quote Originally Posted by 215Husker View Post
    Can't wait for Stanton to see the entire football facilities this time around along with the coaches on Wednesday.
    Agreed!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  18. #58
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    back from Sao Paulo, now Tucson and Raleigh
    Posts
    476
    This is the kind of thread that has me swimming in the koolaid. I hope this leads to a commitment this week, with several others to follow, and then finally the season. Thanks to the four or five recruiting gurus who keep us up-to-date on what is happening. I think the indications are that this will be a fantastic class, with results on the field to follow shortly.

  19. #59
    Guest

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    fairbury, Ne
    Posts
    5,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post

    like to see he loves to throw with those worn in footballs. should fit in really well here at Nebraska since that seems to be what kind of footballs we like to play with on saturdays

  20. #60
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,703
    Teaser of HIO's front page:

    Johnny Stanton begins his two day visit to Lincoln on Tuesday, and if all goes well, Coach Harry Welch believes it could be his star player's future home
    http://nebraska.rivals.com/
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •