Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama's classy guests at the White House

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W

Obama's classy guests at the White House

I thought gay people were supposed to have good taste? This is so incredibly inappropriate. Nobody from these groups should ever be allowed back in the White House, and President Obama should publicly condemn this behavior exhibited by his guests.

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_phill...r-white-house/

Last Friday, an attaché of important gay people from Philadelphia made a trip to Washington D.C. as invited guests of President Barack Obama for the White House’s first-ever gay pride reception. There, they danced to the sounds of a Marine Corps band; they dined on crab cakes and canapés; they hand-delivered letters from concerned citizens like this 18-year old who has had four people close to him gunned down, and noted rhyming raconteur CA Conrad; and some of them took advantage of photo opportunities to give the late President Ronald Reagan the middle finger.

pray for me ;)
    Childish.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Childish.
    Yeah, it's one thing to do this at a protest or something, but this is the White House for crying out loud!

Not surprising..

God of Huskermax

Disrespectful and unnecessary.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Yeah, it's one thing to do this at a protest or something, but this is the White House for crying out loud!
    The bird just seems like a childish thing to do for a grown adult in any case IMO. Especially to a picture hanging on the wall though.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Junior Varsity
    I think this applies even beyond the white house, if someone invites you into their home, resist the temptation to get a picture of yourself flipping off their artwork.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerator 5000 View Post
    ...if someone invites you into their home, resist the temptation to get a picture of yourself flipping off their artwork.
    Words to live by.

Head Lackey

I think this applies even beyond the white house, if someone invites you into their home, resist the temptation to get a picture of yourself flipping off their artwork.
    or uriniating on it

http://kdvr.com/2012/06/21/woman-sai...g/?hpt=us_bn10

You would think that this would have been common sense.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    You would think that this would have been common sense.
    Yes, but often common sense doesn't seem to really be that common after all!

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    She has an excuse at least.. these pathetic excuses for representation to the WH have none.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Thats called football...I dont tune in on saturdays to see their grades
    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

An idiotic gesture performed in a moment of tipsy revelry, though it's stupid and reprehensible, I can forgive, especially if it's ultimately seen by no one or very few.

Posting it on Facebook for everybody to see? I just don't get that.

God of Huskermax

I'm sure many of those paintings have been cursed at, given the finger and otherwise disrespected hundreds of times over the years. But how dumb do you have to be to publish the pics of doing it......

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    An idiotic gesture performed in a moment of tipsy revelry, though it's stupid and reprehensible, I can forgive, especially if it's ultimately seen by no one or very few.

Posting it on Facebook for everybody to see? I just don't get that.

I would imagine you would be equally forgiving if it was say Westboro flipping off Clinton?

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Thats called football...I dont tune in on saturdays to see their grades
    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne