Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marcus Newby down to Nebraska and Maryland: OU 'Ok, thought it would be better'

Both are/were 4-stars...5.8 guys per Rivals....

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Outside of the stars, I think you may be correct.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Both are/were 4-stars...5.8 guys per Rivals....
    Sorry, busy as heck as construction season is in full bloom. Had another devastating hail storm here. Third one in the last five years. I got the Newbys mixed up. Thanks for the friendly correction....
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

No problem... I do not miss the hail....was always bad up in South Dakota when I lived their too....stay safe...

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Sorry, busy as heck as construction season is in full bloom. Had another devastating hail storm here. Third one in the last five years. I got the Newbys mixed up. Thanks for the friendly correction....

Recruit
    You should hear some of the things people here in S. California have to say about Nebraska....and the Huskers have traditon to kill....

The home field advantage may win out here....its just a fact of life....alot of kids want to be near home and play in front of family and friends....and I can't blame them for that....
    RR,,,,you peaked my interest...I haved lived all over the world but have never been to Cali...what do they say about our Huskers?

Al of the stereo-typical things about Nebraska....you may recall the writer for the LA Times who made quite a splash when we played USC a few years back....

Quote Originally Posted by hrbhskr View Post
    RR,,,,you peaked my interest...I haved lived all over the world but have never been to Cali...what do they say about our Huskers?

Red Shirt
    I'm expecting more of the same when we play UCLA this year. When we played USC, Jim Rome and the Clones had a field day yukking it up about how the Nebraska fans were flying in for the game on their crop dusters.

Actually, I thought that was kinda funny.

Al of the stereo-typical things about Nebraska....you may recall the writer for the LA Times who made quite a splash when we played USC a few years back....

Heathen
    Flyin on a crop duster! Thems the richies.. I preferd my john Deer and a case of Schlitz

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    I'm expecting more of the same when we play UCLA this year. When we played USC, Jim Rome and the Clones had a field day yukking it up about how the Nebraska fans were flying in for the game on their crop dusters.

Actually, I thought that was kinda funny.
    I am a big Jim Rome fan. Not only funny, but the guy really knows his sports. I tend to agree with him on most of his insights and predictions. His radio show is great.

Red Shirt
    Listened to Rome early on when he did the night show in San Diego. Have always enjoyed him. I think most of us are able to laugh at ourselves and not get offended. Here in AZ, I see Husker gear quite frequently. I normally greet them with a "Go Big Red", and conversation is started.

Husker Immortal
    How many people are involved with Californians for Nebraska and Arizonans for Nebraska?
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    ight on

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    We'll leave the light on for you.
    ...don't you mean, we'll leave the 'ight on for him?

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    There is absolutely no comparison in athletic facilities and fan support at NU vs Maryland. The only pull the Terps may have is it's close to home.
    Don't speak in such a way of a potential Big Ten colleague in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Marcus Newby is the 2013 class' version of 2012 recruit Quanzell Lambert...to a "T". Maybe Nebraska can hit on this 50-50 LB'er.
    Exactly what I was thinking (also Jordan Diggs to some extant).
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb