Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Matt Cain does the thing where nobody gets on base all night

Matt Cain does the thing where nobody gets on base all night

The Giants franchise waited a long time for a perfect game, and Cain became the one to finally do it. Not Hall of Famers Christy Mathewson or Juan Marichal or Gaylord Perry before him.

Fittingly, Cain is the longest-tenured Giant these days.

His perfecto is the 22nd in major league history. He struck out a career-high 14 and got help from two spectacular catches to beat the Houston Astros 10-0 on Wednesday night.

"I've never had that much excitement in every pitch, every swing," Cain said.

His 125-pitch gem for San Francisco featured a pair of great plays by his corner outfielders. He got pinch-hitter Jason Castro on a grounder to third for his 27th and final out with the sellout crowd of 42,298 roaring.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...&sct=hp_t12_a1

All American
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

Intellectual Patriot
    I was about to head to bed when they kicked over to the live look in for the ninth. I always try to hit ESPN once before nite nite. That was outstanding, and how about the stretch on that final out. It was dicey for a second with the 3rd baseman wobbling a little. It was outstanding.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.