Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More "Morning Joe" - hilarious exchange about Dems strategy of blaming Bush always!

Heisman

More "Morning Joe" - hilarious exchange about Dems strategy of blaming Bush always!

JOE SCARBOROUGH: What do you think, Mika? Do you think, do you think it'll work: blaming George Bush?

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: A-h-h-h, well, I'm hopin'. But I think it's a tough sell. And I still don't know what the freakin' metaphor is --

SCARBOROUGH [bursting into laughter]: At least she's honest about it!
    http://www.mrctv.org/videos/mika-im-...bush-will-work

I always break out in a hearty guffaw when I hear the standard Republican line of lower taxes and fewer regulations will fix everything as well.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Sage View Post
    I always break out in a hearty guffaw when I hear the standard Republican line of lower taxes and fewer regulations will fix everything as well.
    Prairie, do you understand the difference between actually proposing ACTIONS (lower taxes and fewer regulations for instance) as opposed to proposing NOTHING (like no Dem budget for the last 3 1/2 years) and simply sitting back and saying "its not my fault, its his!"?? At least a proposal of lower taxes and fewer regulations gives one a starting point for debate and ACTION - unlike the blame game.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Prairie, do you understand the difference between actually proposing ACTIONS (lower taxes and fewer regulations for instance) as opposed to proposing NOTHING (like no Dem budget for the last 3 1/2 years) and simply sitting back and saying "its not my fault, its his!"?? At least a proposal of lower taxes and fewer regulations gives one a starting point for debate and ACTION - unlike the blame game.
    Like the Pubs haven't stonewalled at every turn?

Please.

Both parties have played the dangerous game of partisan chicken at one time or another, but rarely (as in never) has the leadership of one party come out and said that their primary goal was to ensure that Obama didn't get reelected, as McConnell did.

Blackshirt

The Dems/Obama have proposed plenty but as RB&B correctly points out, the Pubs have done NOTHING but obstruct at nearly every turn. Things they used to support they now oppose just because Obama supports them. What ACTIONS have the Pubs taken to help the economy and lower the jobless rate?
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Administrator
    Jamie Dimon disagrees with you big time and he is a democrat.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Huskermedic View Post
    Jamie Dimon disagrees with you big time and he is a democrat.
    And what does Mr. Dimon do for a living? Of course he disagrees.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Like the Pubs haven't stonewalled at every turn?

Please.

Both parties have played the dangerous game of partisan chicken at one time or another, but rarely (as in never) has the leadership of one party come out and said that their primary goal was to ensure that Obama didn't get reelected, as McConnell did.
    If you don't think its a goal of the party not in power to keep the party in power's Prez from being reelected ALWAYS, you live in fantasyland. How about a BUDGET? Can we see a BUDGET from the Senate DEMS, at least ONCE during Obama's first term? Or is that asking too much of them??

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    The Dems/Obama have proposed plenty but as RB&B correctly points out, the Pubs have done NOTHING but obstruct at nearly every turn. Things they used to support they now oppose just because Obama supports them. What ACTIONS have the Pubs taken to help the economy and lower the jobless rate?
    I think you are missing the mark on that statement.

House OKs Jobs Bill In 'Rare Agreement' With Obama : The Two - NPR

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/03/08/148206825/house-expected-to-ok-jobs-bill-in-rare-agreement-with-obama

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Administrator
    And what does Mr. Dimon do for a living? Of course he disagrees.
    That is why you listen to him. You are telling me that an elected official that has no experience in the banking world can write legislation to regulate banks?

He sat there and said there should be less regulation but smart regulation. He said companies need to go bankrupt when they do stupid stuff not be propped up by the feds.

If you don't think its a goal of the party not in power to keep the party in power's Prez from being reelected ALWAYS, you live in fantasyland. How about a BUDGET? Can we see a BUDGET from the Senate DEMS, at least ONCE during Obama's first term? Or is that asking too much of them??
    It's worse now. To not admit that the Pubs have elevated it to new highs (lows) is fantasyland.

The Republican Party's most important mission since November '08 has been to get rid of Obama. Never before has that been the stated most important goal of any party. Not the economy. Get ... rid ... of ... Obama. That's what they've been working for. So why should you be surprised there's no budget?

I am also aware that going to war (twice) while lowering taxes is fiscally irresponsible at best. If you want to fight then be prepared to pay for it. If you are rich, double so because if it's essential to go to war to protect the interests of the country, then the rich have the most to lose and therefore should be prepared to pay the most do defend their country. We have fought these wars with volunteers who were not from the 1%. An excise tax to pay for the costs of these wars would have been the prudent way to go, but no, we had to lower taxes, and lower them the most for those that could afford to pay them. Great fiscal policy.

What ACTIONS have the Pubs taken to help the economy and lower the jobless rate?
    You seem to have forgotton that the Republicans control only one of two houses of Congress, and that for a bill to become law, it needs to be signed by the president. Please see the attached:

The house Republicans cannot take any "ACTIONS" without the consent with the do-nothing Senate and the president.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Administrator
    I am also aware that going to war (twice) while lowering taxes is fiscally irresponsible at best. If you want to fight then be prepared to pay for it. If you are rich, double so because if it's essential to go to war to protect the interests of the country, then the rich have the most to lose and therefore should be prepared to pay the most do defend their country. We have fought these wars with volunteers who were not from the 1%. An excise tax to pay for the costs of these wars would have been the prudent way to go, but no, we had to lower taxes, and lower them the most for those that could afford to pay them. Great fiscal policy.
    So we get attacked and instead of defending out selves we have to raise taxes to pay for everything? (Make note that Iraq was very bad timing)

On top of that You can't put everything on the rich. They can't afford to pay for everything. The bush tax cuts cut taxes at all levels. So it benefited all.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/15/news...faqs/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Huskermedic View Post
    So we get attacked and instead of defending out selves we have to raise taxes to pay for everything? (Make note that Iraq was very bad timing)

On top of that You can't put everything on the rich. They can't afford to pay for everything. The bush tax cuts cut taxes at all levels. So it benefited all.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/15/news...faqs/index.htm
    The rich paid a higher percentage of federal tax revenues after the Bush tax cuts than they did before. Ultimately, the Bush tax cuts made the tax code MORE progressive, not less.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II