Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huskers Offer QB Johnny Stanton (Couple of new video's on him)

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    We never would say that at all.....obviously there are guys that are better than others. But you yourself even state that recruiting can be an in-exact science. So whoever we get is a guess by not only us fans, but the coaching staff as well, that the prospect will be the next Tommie Frazier (for a Husker analogy).

The problem with your recent statments were that we were scrambling and we were going to end up with someone that wasn't as great for our program as "some of us were trying to say". The real fact is that despite your best efforts to find a reason to bash the staff, we have 4 extremely good prospects that are seriously considering us right now. If we didn't get them, there are a few more out there that we haven't even discovered yet.

You are so blinded by your hate for Bo that you refuse to give credit where credit is due, and I can handle that. The reason most posters are starting to treat your posts as more of a joke is because you can't admit when you are wrong. You are back pedaling so fast you're going to fall over, and the sad thing is everyone sees it but you. We do have FAITH in the coaching staff. Faith that their ability to evaluate talent is better than anyones on here, faith that they wouldn't offer a QB in this class unless he could play for us and be successful, faith they won't just offer a scholarship to a QB because of their position. REALISTICALLY we know that the QB offered shows something special on film to get an offer from us. I don't see what is skewed by that???
    Let the church say AMEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

I'll say it again this is wee-wee or get off the pot time....looks like Kincade will be coming to Big Red Weekend....this will start shaking itself out real soon....and a leader and possible commit will emerge..we are in a really good position right now...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    in Sam's latest article it sounds like no QB's have been offered yet. they are all in a pool.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    in Sam's latest article it sounds like no QB's have been offered yet. they are all in a pool.
    One that has to make a decision sooner or later as RR has been stating, very much has an offer. But a few do not....

Speculation but I wonder if they are getting a gauge of who would commit if offered, and then going to offer and expect a commit???

Just hope we get a good read on Kincaide so we can make a decision on Stanton, who is now talking to Wisconsin.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I'll say it again this is wee-wee or get off the pot time....looks like Kincade will be coming to Big Red Weekend....this will start shaking itself out real soon....and a leader and possible commit will emerge..we are in a really good position right now...

I'm less concerned about getting an early commit than I am getting the guy we want who stays loyal and does not decommit when he gets a "better" offer.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I'm less concerned about getting an early commit than I am getting the guy we want who stays loyal and does not decommit when he gets a "better" offer.
    To the tune of John Madden...."Now there's a guy who's been trained to use his brain!"
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Recruit

Why not just offer and if they cann't use him at QB they move him to where then need him. Let him have an honest shot then move him

Red Shirt
    It's only June and I'm staying tuned in to see how this all plays out.

Husker Immortal

That!

That goes without saying....honestly if you look at our recruiting under Bo you can count on one hand the kids who decommitted....and this is his sixth class....so I think that is overplayed just a bit....just my two cents worth....and the only QB to do it was Tyler Gabbert...and the way he has bounced around he did us a favor....

All Legend
    I'm guessing they only haven't given Stanton an offer because they are telling someone else it's time to decide. I'm not too worried that we might miss out on Stanton if he goes somewhere else. We might. But that's kind of an inevitable part of the process and it looks like it is being managed as well as possible. Sounds like we will have someone not long after the summer clinics are over.

That is correct....

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I'm guessing they only haven't given Stanton an offer because they are telling someone else it's time to decide. I'm not too worried that we might miss out on Stanton if he goes somewhere else. We might. But that's kind of an inevitable part of the process and it looks like it is being managed as well as possible. Sounds like we will have someone not long after the summer clinics are over.

Sounds to me like we would be in the ball park with him if we offer with a real good shot at a commit....

“They told me that they really like me and that I'm in a pool with a few other quarterbacks,” the four-star prospect told HuskersIllustrated.com, a World-Herald partner. “They want to get to know the players a little bit more and they want to offer one of us quarterbacks soon. I have my fingers crossed that I'll get that call.

“They told me that me coming out here for even one day was a big step. I think I threw really well today. I think I left it out on the field today.”

Stanton's being recruited as an athlete by several college programs — including California and Washington — but as a QB by Air Force, Navy and maybe Utah. He worked out at UCLA on Sunday and will work out at Oregon, Oregon State and Washington State.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120613/BIGRED/706139803

Sounds to me like we would be in the ball park with him if we offer with a real good shot at a commit....

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120613/BIGRED/706139803
    I'm not real worried about where we'd stand with him now if we offer. I just don't want to see us hold off while we wait for Kincaid and have him turn us down and in the mean time have Stanton commit elsewhere leaving us empty-handed.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    I'm not real worried about where we'd stand with him now if we offer. I just don't want to see us hold off while we wait for Kincaid and have him turn us down and in the mean time have Stanton commit elsewhere leaving us empty-handed.
    That's recruiting in a nutshell.

I don't think that is going happen....Stanton will have an offer in a few days if Kincade does not come onboard and thats a fact...thus my wee-wee or get off the pot comments...either your in or your out and that is what he will be told this weekend......from what I can gather we are top of Stanton's list...

We are are in good shape...

As far as empty handed.....there are 4 or 5 guys in the picture....but you already knew that....no time to panic...

I don't think that is going happen....Stanton will have an offer in a few days if Kincade does not come onboard and thats a fact...thus my wee-wee or get off the pot comments...either your in or your out and that is what he will be told this weekend......from what I can gather we are top of Stanton's list...

We are are in good shape...

As far as empty handed.....there are 4 or 5 guys in the picture....but you already knew that....no time to panic...
    There might be 4 or 5 guys....but there are none there that really excite me after Kincaid and Stanton. I like Scott, but don't see him ending up here.

On the otherhand there is no need to go into panic mode either....Stanton knows the deal and knows he will be getting an offer in the very, very near future if Kincade does not pull the lever....and that is pretty much what it comes down too.....and that offer will come after this weekend where Kincade will be told what the deal is....your in or your out....

Stanton is really excited about Nebraska and he is not going to pull the lever between now and this weekend...and thats a fact....sort of like how we recruited Curry last year....and we kept our word to him....

Like i said no need to go into panic mode or start scrambling....we are doing this right way....and in the end will be rewarded for it....

There might be 4 or 5 guys....but there are none there that really excite me after Kincaid and Stanton. I like Scott, but don't see him ending up here.

Kincaid is no longer visiting this weekend.