Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Huskers Offer QB Johnny Stanton (Couple of new video's on him)

Scout Team
    Of the highlight videos I've seen, his was the most impressive. He appears to have a strong, accurate arm, even on the run. Dual threat QBs are fine, but I prefer them to be pass first, and it looks like he is.

Incorrect....but its not worth arguing with you....now the excuses are coming because you are backing up so fast you might drive off the cliff....

Shortside nailed it and thats a fact....

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    All of my points have been valid...that's why the attacks on me rather than pointing out anything incorrect about the posts. My real point in post #9 is that no matter who we end up with...many of you out here will believe we got the very best QB for our program--THAT is faith, just not too realistic.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Red Shirt
    All of my points have been valid...that's why the attacks on me rather than pointing out anything incorrect about the posts. My real point in post #9 is that no matter who we end up with...many of you out here will believe we got the very best QB for our program--THAT is faith, just not too realistic.
    The best QB for a program is the one that plays for the program!!!

Travel Squad

We never would say that at all.....obviously there are guys that are better than others. But you yourself even state that recruiting can be an in-exact science. So whoever we get is a guess by not only us fans, but the coaching staff as well, that the prospect will be the next Tommie Frazier (for a Husker analogy).

The problem with your recent statments were that we were scrambling and we were going to end up with someone that wasn't as great for our program as "some of us were trying to say". The real fact is that despite your best efforts to find a reason to bash the staff, we have 4 extremely good prospects that are seriously considering us right now. If we didn't get them, there are a few more out there that we haven't even discovered yet.

You are so blinded by your hate for Bo that you refuse to give credit where credit is due, and I can handle that. The reason most posters are starting to treat your posts as more of a joke is because you can't admit when you are wrong. You are back pedaling so fast you're going to fall over, and the sad thing is everyone sees it but you. We do have FAITH in the coaching staff. Faith that their ability to evaluate talent is better than anyones on here, faith that they wouldn't offer a QB in this class unless he could play for us and be successful, faith they won't just offer a scholarship to a QB because of their position. REALISTICALLY we know that the QB offered shows something special on film to get an offer from us. I don't see what is skewed by that???

...crickets.....

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    We never would say that at all.....obviously there are guys that are better than others. But you yourself even state that recruiting can be an in-exact science. So whoever we get is a guess by not only us fans, but the coaching staff as well, that the prospect will be the next Tommie Frazier (for a Husker analogy).

The problem with your recent statments were that we were scrambling and we were going to end up with someone that wasn't as great for our program as "some of us were trying to say". The real fact is that despite your best efforts to find a reason to bash the staff, we have 4 extremely good prospects that are seriously considering us right now. If we didn't get them, there are a few more out there that we haven't even discovered yet.

You are so blinded by your hate for Bo that you refuse to give credit where credit is due, and I can handle that. The reason most posters are starting to treat your posts as more of a joke is because you can't admit when you are wrong. You are back pedaling so fast you're going to fall over, and the sad thing is everyone sees it but you. We do have FAITH in the coaching staff. Faith that their ability to evaluate talent is better than anyones on here, faith that they wouldn't offer a QB in this class unless he could play for us and be successful, faith they won't just offer a scholarship to a QB because of their position. REALISTICALLY we know that the QB offered shows something special on film to get an offer from us. I don't see what is skewed by that???
    Let the church say AMEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Husker View Post
    I seriously imagine GFOA, Driveway Jordan, FrostFan, Seth etc... all sitting around in a circle holding hands and spitting into the middle of a angry Bo Pelini in a sweatshirt poster... the pure hate is almost cultish...

I'll say it again this is wee-wee or get off the pot time....looks like Kincade will be coming to Big Red Weekend....this will start shaking itself out real soon....and a leader and possible commit will emerge..we are in a really good position right now...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    in Sam's latest article it sounds like no QB's have been offered yet. they are all in a pool.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    in Sam's latest article it sounds like no QB's have been offered yet. they are all in a pool.
    One that has to make a decision sooner or later as RR has been stating, very much has an offer. But a few do not....

Speculation but I wonder if they are getting a gauge of who would commit if offered, and then going to offer and expect a commit???

Just hope we get a good read on Kincaide so we can make a decision on Stanton, who is now talking to Wisconsin.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I'll say it again this is wee-wee or get off the pot time....looks like Kincade will be coming to Big Red Weekend....this will start shaking itself out real soon....and a leader and possible commit will emerge..we are in a really good position right now...

I'm less concerned about getting an early commit than I am getting the guy we want who stays loyal and does not decommit when he gets a "better" offer.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I'm less concerned about getting an early commit than I am getting the guy we want who stays loyal and does not decommit when he gets a "better" offer.
    To the tune of John Madden...."Now there's a guy who's been trained to use his brain!"
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red Shirt

Why not just offer and if they cann't use him at QB they move him to where then need him. Let him have an honest shot then move him

Red Shirt
    It's only June and I'm staying tuned in to see how this all plays out.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post

That!