Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huskers Offer QB Johnny Stanton (Couple of new video's on him)

Smile Huskers Offer QB Johnny Stanton (Couple of new video's on him)

I would think an offer should be coming.....if it has not already been given....this kid is way under the radar right now...a legitimate 4-star talent....

Mitch Sherman@mitchsherman

I watched Nebraska QB target Johnny Stanton, camping today in Lincoln, last month at Oakland #Elite11. He's impressive.

Mitch Sherman@mitchsherman
    Stanton held his own in group w/USC commit Max Browne, Alabama commit Cooper Bateman and Oklahoma State pledge Luke Del Rio.
    Mitch Sherman@mitchsherman"@huskerpower76: @mitchsherman is he high on Nebraska or will we miss out him too?" If NU wants him as a real QB, it's got a good shot.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Hope so....sounds like we have a shot at him....

Nate Clouse@NateClouseCalifornia QB Johnny Stanton was not offered by #Nebraska today but is confident that one could come soon http://bit.ly/LZf6eg #Huskers

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Hope so....sounds like we have a shot at him....
    Why do you think we have not offered yet? Bailey maybe... hmmm. Any insite Red

Hard to say....but I will be shocked if he doesn't get one....

Perhaps Bailey will be told to whiz or get off the pot....that might be in the thinking too....

All kinds of scenerio's....sometimes the staff wants a day or two to evaluate where they are going....

Bottom line from so called 'scrambling' we are in good shape with QB recruits...

Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Why do you think we have not offered yet? Bailey maybe... hmmm. Any insite Red

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Hard to say....but I will be shocked if he doesn't get one....

Perhaps Bailey will be told to whiz or get off the pot....that might be in the thinking too....

All kinds of scenerio's....sometimes the staff wants a day or two to evaluate where they are going....

Bottom line from so called 'scrambling' we are in good shape with QB recruits...
    Thanks.. I hope we can scramble up two QB's although I'm pretty sure Tommy Armstrong will be the starter after T Mart is done. That takes care of the next four or five years.

Kincaid is visiting this weekend now. Riding up with a teammate.

That could be why he doesn't have an offer yet.

Could be....wee-wee or get off the pot time as I said above.....

Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post

This is actually a very good thing....we have 3-4 top QB recruits in our sights and can now find out who is really interested and who isn't and then go from there...I can almost see a QB commit coming in the near future...

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post

Hmmm...you make it sound like we want Kincade (or Bailey) more than Stanton. While that is probably true if Kincade (or Bailey) verbals, it most certainly is not true if Kincade (or Bailey) commits elsewhere.

Red Shirt
    I hate it when we have to scramble to accommodate all the QB recruits in such a short period of time.

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Hmmm...you make it sound like we want Kincade (or Bailey) more than Stanton. While that is probably true if Kincade (or Bailey) verbals, it most certainly is not true if Kincade (or Bailey) commits elsewhere.
    Does he really make it sound like we want Kincade or (Bailey) more??? Does he freakin really?? Maybe it is a scenario where we are NOT SCRAMBLING as it is freaking JUNE. OMG get off of your high horse already. Why put all of our marbles in Stanton at this point???Nobody knows who wants who more than our recruiting staff. For pete's sake, Malik may still change his mind. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT THIS POINT! And as a good follower of recruiting you should know this.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Does he really make it sound like we want Kincade or (Bailey) more??? Does he freakin really?? Maybe it is a scenario where we are NOT SCRAMBLING as it is freaking JUNE. OMG get off of your high horse already. Why put all of our marbles in Stanton at this point???Nobody knows who wants who more than our recruiting staff. For pete's sake, Malik may still change his mind. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT THIS POINT! And as a good follower of recruiting you should know this.
    GFOA is scrambling to make any valid points as of late...

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    And thats too bad, he's a great guy. As we call it in my house he just seems to be a bit "sideways" at the moment. All in all we are Husker fans and need to stop bickering, and support our Huskers!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Please re-read his post. He implies that Stanton has not been made an offer because Kincade is visiting this week. I reasonably assume then that he believes the staff might want to find out if Kincade will come before they offer Stanton. That implies we may want Kincade more than Stanton, which...who knows?...We might. Take a pill or something...nothing to get so worked up over.

Also re-read any of my posts, I have not suggested we put all our marbles on any particular recruit, nor have I ever said we wouldn't get a good QB...just not our original top targets. The fact that you think "anything can happen at this point" is telling, you understand that we are operating outside of our original QB recruiting plan.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    All of my points have been valid...that's why the attacks on me rather than pointing out anything incorrect about the posts. My real point in post #9 is that no matter who we end up with...many of you out here will believe we got the very best QB for our program--THAT is faith, just not too realistic.