Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fiscal Legacy of George W Bush

Ayyy!

Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    I don't see this as much as a hindsight exercise as a warning. Similar failed policies will continue under a Mitt Romney Presidency and it will further sink our country. And yes, our current malaise continues to be George W Bush's fault. Period.
    Amazing. I had no idea that a single man could do so much damage, even 3 1/2 years after leaving office. The question is, did he do it all on purpose? Is he an evil mastermind behind the scenes while publicly playing the simpleton doofus?

Creating the narrative that everything is Bush's fault is convenient. If things eventually improve (which they will, no matter who is in office), Obama will be hailed as the savior. Until that time, keep blaming Bush. Blaming others is what liberals tend to be best at. It's someone else's fault I'm poor, it's someone else's fault I did poorly in school, it's someone else's fault I can't get a job... it's always someone else's fault. Liberals seem to hate looking in the mirror when it comes to solving problems.

As asked earlier in this thread, when does Obama have to start claiming responsibility for his actions, or more importantly, his inactions? Does he get a free pass for the last 4 years in office?

How long until the "Blame Bush" battle cry fades away?

I have no problem saddling Bush with a large part of the financial mess we're in (not the entire mess, however) but Obama's pledge to get us out of that mess hasn't worked. He's failed.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    As asked earlier in this thread, when does Obama have to start claiming responsibility for his actions, or more importantly, his inactions? Does he get a free pass for the last 4 years in office?

I have no problem saddling Bush with a large part of the financial mess we're in (not the entire mess, however) but Obama's pledge to get us out of that mess hasn't worked. He's failed.
    That's my main peeve on all that is Politics. Yes, I'm guilty of bashing Bush to no end. I'm a man and I admit that. The peeve is the fact this whole mess happened over years and the other side is not even giving any time (3.5 years is not enough) to try to fix things. This situation is definitely not an over-night fix (and this is probably a symptom of the damn instant gratification attitude of our society today). It takes time for policies and all to take hold and do their function.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    That's my main peeve on all that is Politics. Yes, I'm guilty of bashing Bush to no end. I'm a man and I admit that. The peeve is the fact this whole mess happened over years and the other side is not even giving any time (3.5 years is not enough) to try to fix things. This situation is definitely not an over-night fix (and this is probably a symptom of the damn instant gratification attitude of our society today). It takes time for policies and all to take hold and do their function.
    That's just it...there are no policies. Shoot, there isn't even a budget. Instead of tackling this mess head on, he decided it would be wiser to institute a universal healthcare plan...a plan that a majority of people didn't/don't want.

Had he come in and got the ball rolling on fixing the issues, I could see a valid argument that more time is needed for him.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Husker Fan

even if we had a budget, do you HONESTLY think we'd stick/adhere to it? Nope, especially with the politicans we have in DC these days.

even if we had a budget, do you HONESTLY think we'd stick/adhere to it? Nope, especially with the politicans we have in DC these days.
    Can't argue against that at all.

Sounds like you should join the Tea Party.

God of Huskermax

In the end, does it matter that it's Bush's fault? Obama has failed in his term to fix anything and could have possibly made things worse.

Time to give the next guy a try.
    Unless we are in a depression, things didn't get worse.

Heisman

That's just it...there are no policies. Shoot, there isn't even a budget. Instead of tackling this mess head on, he decided it would be wiser to institute a universal healthcare plan...a plan that a majority of people didn't/don't want.

Had he come in and got the ball rolling on fixing the issues, I could see a valid argument that more time is needed for him.
    Exactly! And also, lets not forget that he PROMISED to have it fixed by the end of his first term. I guess 57 and others tend to conveniently forget that. If "3.5 years is not enough", then Obama was too dumb to realize that, during the 08 campaign when he promised to fix it.

God of Huskermax

Pubs blamed Clinton right up until 2009 for a wide range of things.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Unless we are in a depression, things didn't get worse.
    Yet. If that healthcare thingy is allowed to continue...uh oh!

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Pubs blamed Clinton right up until 2009 for a wide range of things.
    That wouldn't make Obama's actions anymore correct.

God of Huskermax

That wouldn't make Obama's actions anymore correct.
    I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.....

Husker Fan

Can't argue against that at all.

Sounds like you should join the Tea Party.
    Not the tea party but I've stated my mantra over and got villified for it.

Blow up DC and start over.

Heisman

Yeah, we know - along with "no one can be President with a net worth of $1 million or more." Any real-world, sensible ideas now, not involving bombing the US capital?

Habitual Line Crosser

You should probably refrain from making terrorist threats on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here