Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 80

Thread: The Fiscal Legacy of George W Bush

  1. #41
    Moderator
    redmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Pubs blamed Clinton right up until 2009 for a wide range of things.
    That wouldn't make Obama's actions anymore correct.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

  2. #42
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,841
    Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    That wouldn't make Obama's actions anymore correct.
    I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.....

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    Can't argue against that at all.

    Sounds like you should join the Tea Party.
    Not the tea party but I've stated my mantra over and got villified for it.

    Blow up DC and start over.

  4. #44
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    Not the tea party but I've stated my mantra over and got villified for it.

    Blow up DC and start over.
    Yeah, we know - along with "no one can be President with a net worth of $1 million or more." Any real-world, sensible ideas now, not involving bombing the US capital?

  5. #45
    Habitual Line Crosser
    Husker Poyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    14,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    Not the tea party but I've stated my mantra over and got villified for it.

    Blow up DC and start over.
    You should probably refrain from making terrorist threats on the internet...



    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here


  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    not involving bombing the US capital?
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    You should probably refrain from making terrorist threats on the internet...
    You guys take me too literally...I mean blow them up at the polls and vote them OUT! I'm a pacifist, remember?

  7. #47
    Habitual Line Crosser
    Husker Poyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    14,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    You guys take me too literally...I mean blow them up at the polls and vote them OUT! I'm a pacifist, remember?
    I guess we'll let the dept of Homeland Security decide what you meant...



    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    I guess we'll let the dept of Homeland Security decide what you meant...
    fine by me. That'll be an adventure to write about on the HM BBS Cafe Forum once the meet/greet is completed.

  9. #49
    Habitual Line Crosser
    Husker Poyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    14,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    fine by me. That'll be an adventure to write about on the HM BBS Cafe Forum once the meet/greet is completed.
    Maybe you can place them under citizen's arrest? I know you have a history of doing that with law enforcement...



    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here


  10. #50
    All Legend
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    16,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    You guys take me too literally...I mean blow them up at the polls and vote them OUT! I'm a pacifist, remember?
    You and Ted Nugent.

  11. #51
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    Maybe you can place them under citizen's arrest? I know you have a history of doing that with law enforcement...

  12. #52
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,000
    Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    In the end, does it matter that it's Bush's fault? Obama has failed in his term to fix anything and could have possibly made things worse.

    Time to give the next guy a try.
    So it's time to give the keys to the kingdom back to the guys who burnt the kingdom down in the first place?? Got any links to support your contention that "Obama has failed in his term to fix anything and could have possibly made things worse?" IMO his administration kept us from going over the brink and have slowly been improving things (in spite of the Pubs best efforts at obstruction).
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  13. #53
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,000
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Amazing. I had no idea that a single man could do so much damage, even 3 1/2 years after leaving office. The question is, did he do it all on purpose? Is he an evil mastermind behind the scenes while publicly playing the simpleton doofus?

    Creating the narrative that everything is Bush's fault is convenient. If things eventually improve (which they will, no matter who is in office), Obama will be hailed as the savior. Until that time, keep blaming Bush. Blaming others is what liberals tend to be best at. It's someone else's fault I'm poor, it's someone else's fault I did poorly in school, it's someone else's fault I can't get a job... it's always someone else's fault. Liberals seem to hate looking in the mirror when it comes to solving problems.
    The damage W's administration and Pubs did was over his two terms, not since he left office. Continuing to pretend W is responsible for nothing is also convenient.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  14. #54
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    So it's time to give the keys to the kingdom back to the guys who burnt the kingdom down in the first place?? Got any links to support your contention that "Obama has failed in his term to fix anything and could have possibly made things worse?" IMO his administration kept us from going over the brink and have slowly been improving things (in spite of the Pubs best efforts at obstruction).
    Bush didn't burn the kingdom down he just put more kindling on the smoldering embers...just like the majority of elected officials have for the past 60 plus years.

    Obama decided to try gasoline...I say let's go back to kindling.
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

  15. #55
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    You guys take me too literally...I mean blow them up at the polls and vote them OUT! I'm a pacifist, remember?
    Next time use "targeted for extermination"
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

  16. #56
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,000
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Bush didn't burn the kingdom down he just put more kindling on the smoldering embers...just like the majority of elected officials have for the past 60 plus years.

    Obama decided to try gasoline...I say let's go back to kindling.
    The bolded is your opinion of course because exactly the opposite is true.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  17. #57
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    The bolded is your opinion of course because exactly the opposite is true.
    Trilion dollar deficits each year of his presidency isn't opinion...
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

  18. #58
    Moderator
    redmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    So it's time to give the keys to the kingdom back to the guys who burnt the kingdom down in the first place?? Got any links to support your contention that "Obama has failed in his term to fix anything and could have possibly made things worse?" IMO his administration kept us from going over the brink and have slowly been improving things (in spite of the Pubs best efforts at obstruction).
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...an-under-bush/

    http://hotair.com/archives/2011/08/2...gation-record/

    http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/des...ollar-deficit/

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfer...nt-rate-is-11/
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

  19. #59
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,000
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Trilion dollar deficits each year of his presidency isn't opinion...
    It isn't whole truth either and you know it.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  20. #60
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    It isn't whole truth either and you know it.
    Oh it is much, much, much closer to the truth and you know it.
    As government gets bigger people get smaller


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •