Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Beau Sandland: Nebraska's First Official Visit of 2013

Beau Sandland: Nebraska's First Official Visit of 2013

Player Profile

Sandland, arguably Nebraska's top tight end target, will be in Lincoln this weekend.

Incredibly big visit for Nebraska. Sandland and Winieski (top two of Nebraska and Iowa) are the top two tight end targets.

Varsity
    Good news. Can we expect a commit this weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Good news. Can we expect a commit this weekend?
    Afraid not. He'll be taking this one to December. Not deciding until all of his officials are done.

Arguably a 5-star JUCO TE....he is that good....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Player Profile

Sandland, arguably Nebraska's top tight end target, will be in Lincoln this weekend.

Incredibly big visit for Nebraska. Sandland and Winieski (top two of Nebraska and Iowa) are the top two tight end targets.
    I agree. IMPO Beau Sandland and Jon Wisnieski are the top 2 TEs on the Huskers board. I like them both more than current commit Greg Hart.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Arguably a 5-star JUCO TE....he is that good....
    wow, those don't grow on trees.

Blew him away....we are in this thing at the top of the pile.....our staff has done an A++ job of recruiting him....decision won't come for awhile however, think we have better than a 50% chance of landing him commit...time will tell....

#1 Husker Fan
    One thing to remember about Sandland is that he plays JUCO ball so he wont really be taking many if any trips during the season. They play on Saturdays and not on Friday's like the high school kids. He may have a visit during a bye week. I would think this helps us alot too as he wont get to see the gameday situations. With that being said, I think he may be one of those kids that either decides really early or really late. I wouldnt be surprised on the latter.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Very good observation SB....I think we have a great shot at him....our track record of recruiting JUCO kids helps us a great deal....and I think the way our staff approaches things helps too as these kids have been through the process both in high school and now as college kids and are more mature and just looking for the right opportunity to prove themselves....they are more mature and have heard it all....I think the honesty of Bo and staff goes over well with most of them....

He has a chance to step on campus and not only a starter from Day One....but a chance to big things in a program that will apprciate everything he brings and does...

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    One thing to remember about Sandland is that he plays JUCO ball so he wont really be taking many if any trips during the season. They play on Saturdays and not on Friday's like the high school kids. He may have a visit during a bye week. I would think this helps us alot too as he wont get to see the gameday situations. With that being said, I think he may be one of those kids that either decides really early or really late. I wouldnt be surprised on the latter.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Afraid not. He'll be taking this one to December. Not deciding until all of his officials are done.
    It's nice to get a visit early so the player can compair NU to the rest. I would think we stack up pretty darn good. He would be a great addition to Tommy Armstronds arsonal.

Heisman
    Since he was on an official visit, was he able to participate the the Big Red Weekend drills?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

We are in the drivers seat according to Nate Clouse on Schick n Nick this morning....nearly committed over the weekend...wanted to go home and discuss it with his mom in California....decision could be coming much sooner than anyone thought...

Scout Team
    We are in the drivers seat according to Nate Clouse on Schick n Nick this morning....nearly committed over the weekend...wanted to go home and discuss it with his mom in California....decision could be coming much sooner than anyone thought...
    Anyone but me

LOL....yeah I think that taking to December might be a thing of the past....

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Anyone but me

Red Shirt
    Please find a substitute for this word from now on. It has no place on this board.

God I admire you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    Please find a substitute for this word from now on. It has no place on this board.
    'decision could be coming much dirt burglar than anyone thought'

Just doesn't roll off the tongue...
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

247 has ranked a few Juco guys and Beau got a 96 grade which is a high end 4-star and puts him 2 points short of a 5-star....and the top JUCO TE in the country....