Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Chennai, India

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers

Greetings from Chennai, India

Please consider this your virtual postcard

I feel like the American gangster in Snatch: flew to Omaha for my Grandmother's birthday, then to Mexico on business, then back home to the Charlotte area, then back to Omaha for her funeral, then back to Charlotte, then to Chennai on business. Later next week I fly to Delhi, then a couple of days later to Srinagar (in Kashmir).

Tray table up, drink down, eye shade on, seat reclined. Rinse and repeat.

After that, it is the chicken bus from Srinagar to Leh (in Ladakh) for a 30-day trek.

I hope you have a good airline miles program!

Safe travels.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Thanks!

US Airways loves me. Or maybe hates me because they have to fly me for free all over as a result of the miles earned. Last trip to India I was able to use miles to take my wife and daughter here on vacation in business/first class. That is like $8k per ticket, or $24k in value, theoretically.

Intellectual Patriot
    1. Hope you are safe. Dont be a hero when the snake doesnt rise out of the wicker basket.
    2. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother
    3. You said Snatch
    4. That is a great movie
    5. Enjoy your time off when it is time for it, sounds like you earned it.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Husker Immortal
    Safe travels Miles. Have some fun too.

I am also preferred with USAirways. Not the greatest airline, but appreciate the short checkin line, early boarding, and all the free first class upgrades.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

Husker Immortal
    don't drink the water.............safe travels

Starter
    How awesome! Hope you have more than just a few moments outside of work to enjoy it.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Quote Originally Posted by MilesBFree View Post
    Thanks!

US Airways loves me. Or maybe hates me because they have to fly me for free all over as a result of the miles earned. Last trip to India I was able to use miles to take my wife and daughter here on vacation in business/first class. That is like $8k per ticket, or $24k in value, theoretically.
    And now I know why your username is MilesBFree.

Have fun in India!

Blackshirt
    You truly are a man of the world! If you see Apu (aka Kevin for Dell computers) Please tell him for me his fix worked.
    That is all!!!

USAirways is the worst major carrier out there.....interesting trip though

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRed View Post
    You truly are a man of the world! If you see Apu (aka Kevin for Dell computers) Please tell him for me his fix worked.
    That is all!!!
    I prefer "international man of mystery", baby! Yeah! YEAH!!! Do I make you randy?

So I am hanging out in the hotel room, naked, as is my wont. And I decide to iron a couple of shirts that were wrinkled form sitting in the suitcase for the ~30 hour trip over. After a couple of minutes of nekkid ironing, it dawns on me that this is a really bad idea(tm). Thankfully, that idea occurred to me before anything important received a griddling.

(I am not going to admit to hitting the steam button, however.)

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    And now I know why your username is MilesBFree.

Have fun in India!

I got that too. I was like, "Well, duh" and laughing at myself. I have to admit I was hoping for a less prosaic meaning, but if you're going to be prosaic, at least Miles sounds like he has a great gig.

Husker Fan

Have a great trip! Sounds like it's been an adventure already!

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I got that too. I was like, "Well, duh" and laughing at myself. I have to admit I was hoping for a less prosaic meaning, but if you're going to be prosaic, at least Miles sounds like he has a great gig.
    Actually, it kind of came from World B Free. Except that my sphere of influence is somewhat less than the entire world. Hopefully more than just Miles, but I don't think I am up for freeing everyone...