Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice Cream Sandwich!

Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    Haptics are probably going to be a big thing here in another year or three...

Tactus Technology claims its Tactile Layer panel is the world's first deformable tactile surface that creates dynamic physical buttons that users can actually see and feel in advance of entering data into the device.

Tactus uses innovative microfluidic technology to create physical buttons that rise from the touchscreen to give users the experience of operating a physical keyboard. When no longer needed, the buttons recede back into the touchscreen, leaving no trace of their presence.

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-n...ics-to-surface
    Now that's just plain awesome.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    As most here know, I've been a BlackBerry guy for years and years. Over the last few months of watching the management at RIM continue to shoot themselves in the foot at every turn, and seeing BlackBerry left behind by more and more developers, I finally decided it was time. After doing a lot of research, and a lot of thinking, I'm going to be ordering a new Samsung Galaxy S III, which of course comes with Ice Cream Sandwich. I'm still a little apprehensive about giving up the physical keyboard, wish me luck!
    We just got the Galaxy S II on Sprint. It was a penny through Amazon wireless. Thought I would miss the keyboard, but I don't.

Recruit
    ICS got pushed down to my Xoom last week. Its like I got a brand new tablet...its awesome!
    "In order to be the best, you must BEAT the best" -- Christian Peter

towel boy
    I've had ICS on my T-Mobile Sensation for a while now. My phone was dying a slow painful death before the upgrade. Now it is back to a screaming machine. Not many new features with ICS but man does it load faster and handles apps much more efficiently. The only downside is with T-Mobile I used to have free hotspot but since the update I would get charged for it. I used to use the hotspot for my iPad when I was out of a wifi area. I just decided to go ahead and purchase the verizon 4g plan for my iPad instead of use the hotspot from my phone.

Scout Team
    No ICS!

Oh well. Maybe by the end of Q2.
    Apparently I need to get a new sig line.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by husker6 View Post
    No ICS!

hmm?

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    As most here know, I've been a BlackBerry guy for years and years. Over the last few months of watching the management at RIM continue to shoot themselves in the foot at every turn, and seeing BlackBerry left behind by more and more developers, I finally decided it was time. After doing a lot of research, and a lot of thinking, I'm going to be ordering a new Samsung Galaxy S III, which of course comes with Ice Cream Sandwich. I'm still a little apprehensive about giving up the physical keyboard, wish me luck!
    I am not sure but I think you accidentally typed MONTHS instead of YEARS in the above post.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    I am not sure but I think you accidentally typed MONTHS instead of YEARS in the above post.
    No, Jay, I typed what I meant. Unlike you, I actually check and proofread my posts before I hit the "post" button. I won't guarantee I'll never make a mistake, but I'll ABSOLUTELY guarantee I'll make dramatically less of them than you do!

Quote Originally Posted by husker6 View Post
    No ICS!

Has there been any word on why? All I ever heard was it just didn't happen.

Starter
    Has there been any word on why? All I ever heard was it just didn't happen.
    I have not even heard that.. where?

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard

I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    I have not even heard that.. where?
    We do not have a date for ICS on the Razr yet. Once available, you'll find info on http://vzw.com/support
    https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/statu...47304434057217

Just wondering at this point if the June 12 release date was just speculation or if Verizon moved the date back.

Starter
    https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/statu...47304434057217

Just wondering at this point if the June 12 release date was just speculation or if Verizon moved the date back.
    Wife said last night that it was being pushed out over the next week or two.

Life is hard

Varsity
    We have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy tab. It is an older one with 7" screen.

Two days ago, my daughter left apps on and the battery ran down. Now, it will not reboot...it gets stuck at the Verizon Wireless screen during power-up. And, it will not let me do the factory reset.

I have some ideas from the interwebs; but, am curious if we have reliable techies on this forum that might be able to give me a tip before I accidentally make this thing a permanent brick.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BGRed View Post
    We have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy tab. It is an older one with 7" screen.

Two days ago, my daughter left apps on and the battery ran down. Now, it will not reboot...it gets stuck at the Verizon Wireless screen during power-up. And, it will not let me do the factory reset.

I have some ideas from the interwebs; but, am curious if we have reliable techies on this forum that might be able to give me a tip before I accidentally make this thing a permanent brick.
    Call Samsung support.

Life is hard

Scout Team
    Just updated to ICS! It looks pretty good.

Big download so use WiFi.
    Apparently I need to get a new sig line.