Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huskers back in the picture for Aaron Bailey

Thumbs up Huskers back in the picture for Aaron Bailey

Looks like Aaron is having second thoughts about his commitment to Illinois....which I know baffled the heck out of most of us.... Lets just say the Huskers are back in the picture.... Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this....

Perhaps we are not 'scrambling' after all....

More to come I'm sure....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    Let's go Aaron.

Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    unscrambling? descrambling?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

Blackshirt
    Looks like Aaron is having second thoughts about his commitment to Illinois....which I know baffled the heck out of most of us.... Lets just say the Huskers are back in the picture.... Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this....

More to come I'm sure....
    Linky?
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Follow the bouncing ball that is a high school kid's mind.
    The Last Knot-Holer

NM

8 man footbal alum
    I can see him having second thoughts. I never thought he would sign with Illinois, ugh. It's long time until February and who knows what can happen.
    "Gentlemen, this is a football" - Coach Lombardi
    "Winning isn't everything here at Nebraska as Coach Devaney used to say...but we do rate it right up there with oxygen." - Johnny Rodgers

None yet....inside info....pretty much common knowledge though....

Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    Linky?

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    All the king's horses and all the kings men...

Red Shirt
    Maybe that other silent commit will still play out as expected.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    Naw, we have Johnny Stanton and he's way better...but, even if this kid is interested and we wanted him early on, I thought a few years ago Bo said he wouldn't deal with recruits that played games with the recruiting process.

Bailey never was a silent commit...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    Maybe that other silent commit will still play out as expected.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Naw, we have Johnny Stanton and he's way better...but, even if this kid is interested and we wanted him early on, I thought a few years ago Bo said he wouldn't deal with recruits that played games with the recruiting process.
    Back to the agenda. I get it --- Bo is a dirty, rotten, filthy liar on top of everything else --- I got it.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Corn View Post
    Back to the agenda. I get it --- Bo is a dirty, rotten, filthy liar on top of everything else --- I got it.
    No. i just thought he said that. I do not recall exactly what he said, I'll see if I can find it. I am also not certain that he is interested in this kid anymore (if not, it's probably because of what he said). Get rid of the hate, it will consume you.

Do tell....interested to know how you know this??

FWIW the staff let Jordan Westerkmap visit Notre Dame last year after he was a commit....they were not wild abou it....nor would I be in their place...but it was best that he found out which school was for him....and it worked out okay.....

We just flipped a kid from Pittsburgh....so why would we not be interested in Bailey?

In fairness to you though I believe you are correct that when Bo first came to Nebraska that was his stance....which in fairness he has lightened up on...Coaches grow in all facets of the game....

No. i just thought he said that. I do not recall exactly what he said, I'll see if I can find it. I am also not certain that he is interested in this kid anymore (if not, it's probably because of what he said). Get rid of the hate, it will consume you.

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Maybe he thought Shaka was hired as the football coach originally.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Old Timer

Get rid of the hate, it will consume you.
    Great suggestion. I would recommend it highly. You really ought to try it -- you might even like it.

Starter

Do tell....interested to know how you know this??

FWIW the staff let Jordan Westerkmap visit Notre Dame last year after he was a commit....they were not wild abou it....nor would I be in their place...but it was best that he found out which school was for him....and it worked out okay.....

We just flipped a kid from Pittsburgh....so why would we not be interested in Bailey?

In fairness to you though I believe you are correct that when Bo first came to Nebraska that was his stance....which in fairness he has lightened up on...Coaches grow in all facets of the game....
    Well, I did not say I knew we were not interested, so you really shouldn't pick a fight on that topic.

As far as Westerkamp, what were we going to do? We couldn't stop him, all we could do is pull his offer. And, why would we do that? Pull the schollie of the absolute star of an already low rated class? i don't think so.

I have to admit, I do not know much about the kid that flipped from Pittsburgh, but I hope that he flipped on his own and that we didn't flip him. After all, there are so many players out there that we haven't had a chance to review film on yet, right? Why would we waste time trying to flip players when there is so much talent just waiting to be found...emerging talant that may have their star ratings jacked up any minute as N2FL pointed out. Maybe even a few in our backyard rated as highly as the Pittsburgh kid:

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/05/30/r...ng-for-offers/

Finally, if Bo is changing, that is a good thing. I'm hoping for a metamorphosis.

We flipped him...our coaches convinced him to visit and he switched...happens all of the time...all is far in love and recruiting.....

You mean like Urban Meyer who flipped 9 kids last year after he was named coach at Ohio State....go figure huh?

And yes still alot of talent out there..much of it very underrated and under valued.....

Mike Shoff is going to South Dakota State for a reason...but I think you arleady know that...

Well, I did not say I knew we were not interested, so you really shouldn't pick a fight on that topic.

As far as Westerkamp, what were we going to do? We couldn't stop him, all we could do is pull his offer. And, why would we do that? Pull the schollie of the absolute star of an already low rated class? i don't think so.

I have to admit, I do not know much about the kid that flipped from Pittsburgh, but I hope that he flipped on his own and that we didn't flip him. After all, there are so many players out there that we haven't had a chance to review film on yet, right? Why would we waste time trying to flip players when there is so much talent just waiting to be found...emerging talant that may have their star ratings jacked up any minute as N2FL pointed out. Maybe even a few in our backyard rated as highly as the Pittsburgh kid:

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/05/30/r...ng-for-offers/

Finally, if Bo is changing, that is a good thing. I'm hoping for a metamorphosis.

Starter

We flipped him...our coaches convinced him to visit and he switched...happens all of the time...all is far in love and recruiting.....

You mean like Urban Meyer who flipped 9 kids last year after he was named coach at Ohio State....go figure huh?

And yes still alot of talent out there..much of it very underrated and under valued.....

Mike Shoff is going to South Dakota State for a reason...but I think you arleady know that...
    Well, perhaps it is good that we flipped him. we haven't had great luck with our 4-star linemen recruits, perhaps getting a 3-star to flip will produce better results.

I can certainly understand why 9 players would flip from other schools to OSU this past year. They were likely waiting to see how OSU made out in the scandal and to find out who would be coach. I'm sure many kids would love to join that program to play for UM, since he's been known to have great success.

If there is so much talent out there, why pick up this 3-star so early? What if we find a better lineman? Will Bo just pull the offer?

That article named 3 local players, not just Shoff. BTW, what was the reason? Because we expected the local kid to walk on while we pay for the like-rated out of towner?