Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USA vs Antigua and Barbuda Game Thread

USA vs Antigua and Barbuda Game Thread

FYI....

vs. Antigua & Barbuda
    Raymond James Stadium; Tampa, Fla.
    June 8, 2012 @ 7 p.m. ET
    ESPN, ESPN3, Galavision
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Scouting Report: Antigua and Barbuda

FYI....

The twin-island nation dominated the Second Round qualifying, finishing atop the Group F standings ahead of favorites Haiti as well as Curacao and the US Virgin Islands. The team outscored its three opponents 28-5, including a 10-1 victory over the US Virgin Islands this past October. Antigua and Barbuda also managed the greatest goal difference of +23, better than any of the 18 teams that competed in that round (including Canada). The biggest surprise came in November when Antigua and Barbuda defeated Haiti 1-0 on a Kerry Skeeple goal in the 83rd minute to reach the semifinal round. The goal and game remains the biggest in the country’s history.
    The Benna Boys’ roster includes eight players who are based in England. The players have spent the past 10 days training at the IMG Soccer Academy in Bradenton, FL. The England-based players, who joined the team last week, include defenders Marvin McCoy (Wycombe Wanderers), midfielder Mickele Leigertwood (Reading) and striker Dexter Blackstock (Nottingham Forest).
    http://www.ussoccerplayers.com/ussoc...buda.html#more

Studio 90: MNT Set for World Cup Qualifying

Studio 90: MNT Trains in Tampa for World Cup Qualifying

ALTIDORE UNLIKELY TO START

His club did him no favors....then again he is our best option at forward..I'm not sure I buy the fitness thing....he has been in camp for 11 days....I think a message is being sent here....

Jozy Altidore's late arrival to the U.S. team's training camp this summer appears to be proving costly for him.

Altidore seems unlikely to start versus Antigua and Barbuda on Friday due to a combination of not being as fit as the rest of the team and other players making the most of their opportunities in his absence. Altidore arrived nearly two weeks late to camp due to his club, AZ Alkmaar, not releasing him. He joined the United States on May 28 after playing his final league game of the season on May 6.

"That's a pretty long gap for not training with a team, not doing three training sessions a day like we did in Orlando and this is what you see then," said Klinsmann. "You can see that in every training session that he was then behind and we help him, and we'll work on it.

"He's working hard, and he's positive about it. But then you have somebody else like Terrence Boyd and Herculez (Gomez) against Brazil and they used their chance, they made a very strong case for themselves and the competition is open, it's an open competition.

"It's always about the moment. How do you present yourself right now, not how you maybe present yourself two weeks from now. It's about today, so we need to evaluate, as coaches, where they are right now and make the best decision for the team and for the purpose to get results."

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...more.html#more

Johnson, Castillo doubts to play

FYI.....Johnson a big loss....hope he is ready for Guatamala....who by the way has three players suspended due to match-fixing allegations...two of the three are arguably their best players....and former MLS players...

U.S. head coach Jurgen Klinsmann all but ruled the two left-sided fullbacks out of the opening qualifier against Antigua and Barbuda at Raymond James Stadium on Friday night, as they continue to nurse respective injuries.

Fabian Johnson is recovering from a calf injury picked up in the warmups prior to last Sunday's friendly against Canada, while his replacement, Castillo, suffered a hamstring injury in Thursday night's practice session at University of South Florida's Corbett Soccer Stadium.

"It's very unlikely that they play," said Klinsmann. "Very, very unlikely."
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...more.html#more

Varsity
    Watching this one tomorrow morning on the DVR.

Then don't look at the thread tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by BGRed View Post
    Watching this one tomorrow morning on the DVR.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Then don't look at the thread tonight....
    Yep, learned my lesson last week. Need to avoid the Euro2012 thread now as well...we're putting them on DVR until we run out of space.

Varsity
    Tonight is girls high school soccer state semifinal. My kids are still in elementary school; but, their future high school is playing my wife's alma mater...

That should be fun have a good time...

I coached my daughters teams for about 5 years and it was a blast....we did pretty good too...

Quote Originally Posted by BGRed View Post
    Tonight is girls high school soccer state semifinal. My kids are still in elementary school; but, their future high school is playing my wife's alma mater...

Husker Fan

I'll be driving to the motherland so I won't be able to watch.

All Big 10
    I have a double-header in softball tonight, followed by dinner & beer. Might have to DVR this one. See you all tomorrow...
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

Boyd and Bradley Visit MacDill Air Force Base

Always was cool in my time as an officer in the USAF to have folks like this visit our base....we flew John Stockton and Karl Malone in the back seat of F-16-D Models at Hill AFB....Malone's brother-in-law was one of my aircraft scheduler's....I'm sure 4evr has had similar experience's...

Airman Eduardo Flores and Staff Sergeant Dieudonne Batawila were chosen as honorary captains for tonight's World Cup qualifying game against Antigua and Barbuda. Bradley and Boyd (who both have ties to the U.S. military - Bradley's grandfather was a Marine and Boyd's dad was in the Army) went to the base yesterday to tell them the big news.

Flores and Batawila pose with Boyd, Bradley and their new jerseys

http://www.ussoccer.com/Social/MNT-B...entId=blogDest

Coin For Tonight's Game

Cool....coins are a huge tradition in the Air Force and the military....one of the best part of my jobs as a commander was giving coins to my top folks...

http://www.ussoccer.com/Social/MNT-B...entId=blogDest