Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: It's Time For The Kid To Cook For His Australian Friends. He Wants To Cook Chili.

Blackshirt

It's Time For The Kid To Cook For His Australian Friends. He Wants To Cook Chili.

It's time for the Kid to cook for his Australian friends and fellow students at Victoria University in Melbourne, AU. Remember, he has to cook a meal which is primarily American, as in originating from the U.S.A. The students trade off and cook for each other food from their native country or region.

This time around he wants to cook chili. Do any of you have a good chili recipe. Preferably one with beans and it has to have some heat to it, per his request. But not to much heat as he has to feed some of the female persuasion too. What do you like to eat along with the chili?

He has two days to get this together and be ready to cook the cook the meal. Friday their time or Thursday for us in the states.

Thanks for the help.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Tell him to to use the K.I.S.S. method.

1) Brown some ground beef/kangaroo
    2) Mix in some chopped onions,celery,green peppers (do this when you start to brown the meat)
    3) After the meat is browned drain off the fat and add I jar of medium heat picante sauce,a quart of of tomato juice, chili pepper, (just dump some in) and for a little heat 1 or 2 finely chopper jalapeno pepper, a can of red kidney beans, and a can of chili beans.

Cover and cook on the lowest heat possible, taste from time to time and season as needed.

Total cook time = all day, but it is better the next day.

Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream as toppings.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilLongfellow View Post
    Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream as toppings.
    Good point, and serve with Fritos scoops.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerMark View Post
    Good point, and serve with Fritos scoops.
    ... and a roll of toilet paper.

Intellectual Patriot
    If he can get chorizo, that is a great additive. Heat, flavor, and gives a great color. I usually go with a 50/30/20 ratio. 50 ground beef, 30 hot breakfast sausage, and 20 chorizo. Great, now I want chili. Oh yeah, black beans along with pintos and no dam kidneys beans! Onion and peppers to taste, and make sure that he has cumin. Nothing says chili like cumin. Dam I really want chili now.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.