Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: OWH: Conference Won't Stop Erstad

Red Shirt

OWH: Conference Won't Stop Erstad

Great attitudes by the other Big 10 coaches (NOT!):

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120602/BIGRED/706029893
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Travel Squad
    The geographic disadvantages are obvious, until you observe that 30% of MLB teams also play ball within the conference footprint.

Is the season calendar inequitable? Absolutely. But the B1G hasn't done itself any favors by lumping on additional competitive restrictions -- max travel days, no oversigning, etc. -- on top of the disadvantage. The conference needs to get out of it's own way and increase its competitiveness before it will be taken seriously in any NCAA meeting.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    The geographic disadvantages are obvious, until you observe that 30% of MLB teams also play ball within the conference footprint.

Is the season calendar inequitable? Absolutely. But the B1G hasn't done itself any favors by lumping on additional competitive restrictions -- max travel days, no oversigning, etc. -- on top of the disadvantage. The conference needs to get out of it's own way and increase its competitiveness before it will be taken seriously in any NCAA meeting.
    But realize also that every MLB team holds spring training in either FL or AZ.

Otherwise, yes, the Big Ten does itself no favors.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    But realize also that every MLB team holds spring training in either FL or AZ.

Otherwise, yes, the Big Ten does itself no favors.
    Do you think there is any chance the conference institutes some meaningful reforms?
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt
    Do you think there is any chance the conference institutes some meaningful reforms?
    If this was football, the reforms would've been done yesterday.

If Delaney cares about baseball, this should happen tomorrow.
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini