Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USMNT vs Canada Game Thread

Smile USMNT vs Canada Game Thread

I will be a family event at my parents house tonight so will miss the match live....but will watch it when I get home...

This is a game we should win and comfertably so.....since 1997 the USA is 10-0-4 against Canada...Canada has one GREAT player in DeRosario....he can change a game if given the chance to do so....thus stopping him will be paramount....

One wonders if Klinsman's post game comments about the USA needing to dive and hurting opppenet's drove a wedge between him and his players....Landon Donovan was quite open about that American players do not do that sort of thing and Klinsman took a beating in the press....

This game is being played as part of the Canadian Soccer Association's 2012 Centennial Celebrations.....Congrads to them...

Canada reminds me much of the USA 22 years ago....a country who has yet to put the $$ into their program and it shows.....

Game is on NBC Sports Network and Univision:

U.S. SOCCER@ussoccerIt's gameday in Toronto: #USMNT moving toward a 7 pm ET kickoff! Watch #USAvCAN on NBC Sports Network and Univision Deportes Network!
    Like I said the USA should win this and hopefully by a decent margin....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Klinsman playing down his post Brazil remarks...

U.S. SOCCER@ussoccer@nismo_Rusty @TheRealTMOTS @AmericanOutlaws Canada is wearing a special blue jersey to commemorate the100-year anniversary of the CSA

U.S. SOCCER@ussoccer@TheRealTMOTS @AmericanOutlaws The #USMNT is wearing the red and white jerseys tonight.

Cherundolo, Bocanegra going strong

Mexico with a huge win over Brazil in Dallas today 2-0....

About 50 minutes until broadcast time...I will be heading out in 80 minutes to my folks house....

Goodson for Gooch a good choice...why Jones is playing is beyond me......Torres instead of Edu also a good choice........Dempsey in for Boyd......no-brainer there even though Boyd has looked good....Jozy must not be ready yet so Gomez who had a good game against Brazil gets the start...he has earned it...well we have our three stars on together tonight in Dempsey, Donovan and Bradley....no excuses if we don't win this game....

Jones just baffles me....

Not an attacking bench....

Grant Wahl@GrantWahlUSA lineup: Howard; Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra, Johnson; Bradley, Jones; Donovan, Dempsey, Torres; Gómez.

Grant Wahl@GrantWahlUSA subs: Altidore, Cameron, Edu, Onyewu, Parkhurst, Rimando, Wondolowski. Not in uniform: Guzan, Beckerman, Boyd, Castillo, Corona.

FYI....DeRo being the big star....not a sterling lineup....

Grant Wahl@GrantWahlCanada lineup: Hirschfeld; Jazic, Hainault, McKenna, Edgar; Johnson, De Guzman, Ledgerwood; De Rosario, Occean, Ricketts.

Grant Wahl@GrantWahlTough thing about US games on NBC Sports Network: No legal online livestreams.

Oh my goodness Castillio is now going to start....God help us...

ussoccer:
    Update on Johnson: He is out of the game with a mild right calf strain

go USA!

As far as Jones goes...he had the worst discipline record of any player in the five major European Leagues this season and awful touch on the ball....

- - - Updated - - -

Castillio....

Avi Creditor:
    Plenty of worry in the twitterverse about Johnson being hurt and potentially missing qualifiers and then exiting this round of games not being cap-tied. No need to worry. Johnson has already filed the 1-time switch to play for the USA. He is locked in.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=sc_t11_a2

Plenty of pressure on Castillo to show well tonight. Doesn't need to be spectacular, but just show that he belongs on the field. Has been deer-in-headlights bad in past showings.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=sc_t11_a2

USA looking sluggish in the first 10 miniutes...DeRo nearly nets one for Canada...

Well gotta go to my parents house...hope we pick it up...