Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Playoff could be announced June 26 in Washington, D.C.

Playoff could be announced June 26 in Washington, D.C.

FYI....

Incoming Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said that he and his peers would meet June 26 in Washington, D.C. That meeting is expected to include the BCS presidential oversight committee that would have to approve the final proposal from the commissioners.

That could signal an end game to the playoff process that has played out this year. There are worse places to be to announce the smoothing over a controversial postseason system. BCS officials have been summoned to the national's capital on more than one occasion to testify before Congressional committees.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...medium=twitter
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

To me the 'best 4 teams' creates the same problem as the 'best 2 teams'. They want a playoff which I guess I understand but if you take conference champs isn't that like a mini playoff already. Trading 2 teams for 4 teams doesn't seem to solve a problem.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by joncarl View Post
    To me the 'best 4 teams' creates the same problem as the 'best 2 teams'. They want a playoff which I guess I understand but if you take conference champs isn't that like a mini playoff already. Trading 2 teams for 4 teams doesn't seem to solve a problem.

yes it does cause it's called a "playoff" with 2 teams its just a game...It will be fun to watch this train wreck

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

The whole season is a playoff, I just can't see how trading 2 teams for 4 teams helps with anything. Conference champs seem to be the best idea.

Husker Immortal
    The issue, and perhaps the controversy, is the movement to any kind of playoff. It has to start somewhere, and so if it begins with four teams, in time it will be expanded to 8, then 16, and perhaps 32. The money involved will demand it.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    The issue, and perhaps the controversy, is the movement to any kind of playoff. It has to start somewhere, and so if it begins with four teams, in time it will be expanded to 8, then 16, and perhaps 32. The money involved will demand it.
    Thats why it should stay as it is.
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80