Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jared Afalava

I hope so too....in 4 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Husker10 View Post
    I hope that's the case and in 5 years we're arguing over whether he could have been a 3X vs 2X all american
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Teaser from 247:

Jared Afalava and LeRoy Alexander learned Thursday their grades were good enough to get to Nebraska.
    http://nebraska.247sports.com/Articl...he-grade-75680

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I hope so too....in 4 years...
    I could live with that. I'd also be happy with establishing some depth at LB

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Now that is a nice teaser.

The depth is happening....and is going to get better with Love and Banderas coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Husker10 View Post
    I could live with that. I'd also be happy with establishing some depth at LB

Red Shirt
    Great news.

Junior Varsity
    Are all of the '12 class qualified now?

My favorite high school player in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGene View Post
    Are all of the '12 class qualified now?
    Thomas Brown is still said to be 50-50....he's the last one

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Thomas Brown is still said to be 50-50....he's the last one
    For a somewhat smallish class, its important to get everyone qualified, especially at a depth conscious position like LB. This next year we can probably take a few more chances due to the size of the class, but Pelini always seems to take a few shots and although we've had to wait for a few (Heard and CJax), we've had pretty good luck getting them on campus. Hopefully that luck will continue as I imagine Pelini won't be changing his recruiting tactic.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    For a somewhat smallish class, its important to get everyone qualified, especially at a depth conscious position like LB. This next year we can probably take a few more chances due to the size of the class, but Pelini always seems to take a few shots and although we've had to wait for a few (Heard and CJax), we've had pretty good luck getting them on campus. Hopefully that luck will continue as I imagine Pelini won't be changing his recruiting tactic.
    Very important that everyone makes it. Helps balance the classes and keeps as much talent on the team as possible. It'd be nice not entering fall camp 4-5 spots under the limit.

Only Brown neads to be cleared for the whole class to be on campus...he is an under the radar guy who I think is going to be really good....our LB class this year if they stay healthy could be quite good before they are done...

Very important that everyone makes it. Helps balance the classes and keeps as much talent on the team as possible. It'd be nice not entering fall camp 4-5 spots under the limit.

Red Shirt
    Oh definitely. I really wonder with such a big class this year if Pelini won't undershoot a little and give a few scholarships out to walk-ons just to help the balancing of classes as well such as Wil Richards, Spencer and Jake Long, or Trevor Roach.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

That will not happen....

Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    Oh definitely. I really wonder with such a big class this year if Pelini won't undershoot a little and give a few scholarships out to walk-ons just to help the balancing of classes as well such as Wil Richards, Spencer and Jake Long, or Trevor Roach.

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    This thread is awesome is because...... "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

All A's Afalava could be making important tackles 3 months from now.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban