Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: Jared Afalava

  1. #16
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117,392
    I hope so too....in 4 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by Husker10 View Post
    I hope that's the case and in 5 years we're arguing over whether he could have been a 3X vs 2X all american
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  2. #17
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117,392
    Teaser from 247:

    Jared Afalava and LeRoy Alexander learned Thursday their grades were good enough to get to Nebraska.
    http://nebraska.247sports.com/Articl...he-grade-75680
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  3. #18
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I hope so too....in 4 years...
    I could live with that. I'd also be happy with establishing some depth at LB

  4. #19
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Now that is a nice teaser.

  5. #20
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117,392
    The depth is happening....and is going to get better with Love and Banderas coming...

    Quote Originally Posted by Husker10 View Post
    I could live with that. I'd also be happy with establishing some depth at LB
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  6. #21
    Red Shirt
    gutterputt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Island, Ne
    Posts
    1,545
    Great news.

  7. #22
    Junior Varsity
    BubbaGene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Floribama
    Posts
    5,748
    Are all of the '12 class qualified now?

  8. #23
    My favorite high school player in the class.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGene View Post
    Are all of the '12 class qualified now?
    Thomas Brown is still said to be 50-50....he's the last one

  10. #25
    Red Shirt
    huskon4ever!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Thomas Brown is still said to be 50-50....he's the last one
    For a somewhat smallish class, its important to get everyone qualified, especially at a depth conscious position like LB. This next year we can probably take a few more chances due to the size of the class, but Pelini always seems to take a few shots and although we've had to wait for a few (Heard and CJax), we've had pretty good luck getting them on campus. Hopefully that luck will continue as I imagine Pelini won't be changing his recruiting tactic.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

    "The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    For a somewhat smallish class, its important to get everyone qualified, especially at a depth conscious position like LB. This next year we can probably take a few more chances due to the size of the class, but Pelini always seems to take a few shots and although we've had to wait for a few (Heard and CJax), we've had pretty good luck getting them on campus. Hopefully that luck will continue as I imagine Pelini won't be changing his recruiting tactic.
    Very important that everyone makes it. Helps balance the classes and keeps as much talent on the team as possible. It'd be nice not entering fall camp 4-5 spots under the limit.

  12. #27
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117,392
    Only Brown neads to be cleared for the whole class to be on campus...he is an under the radar guy who I think is going to be really good....our LB class this year if they stay healthy could be quite good before they are done...


    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Very important that everyone makes it. Helps balance the classes and keeps as much talent on the team as possible. It'd be nice not entering fall camp 4-5 spots under the limit.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  13. #28
    Red Shirt
    huskon4ever!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Very important that everyone makes it. Helps balance the classes and keeps as much talent on the team as possible. It'd be nice not entering fall camp 4-5 spots under the limit.
    Oh definitely. I really wonder with such a big class this year if Pelini won't undershoot a little and give a few scholarships out to walk-ons just to help the balancing of classes as well such as Wil Richards, Spencer and Jake Long, or Trevor Roach.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

    "The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

  14. #29
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117,392
    That will not happen....

    Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    Oh definitely. I really wonder with such a big class this year if Pelini won't undershoot a little and give a few scholarships out to walk-ons just to help the balancing of classes as well such as Wil Richards, Spencer and Jake Long, or Trevor Roach.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  15. #30
    ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Native's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    1,878
    This thread is awesome is because...... "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

    All A's Afalava could be making important tackles 3 months from now.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •