Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jared Afalava

Jared Afalava

Red Shirt
    Q?

Yes....and this kid is the real deal....HUGE pickup for us...big-time LB talent...with him and Rose if they stay healthy we are in great shape for the next 4-5 years...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

#1 Husker Fan
    Mike Matya is reporting the same! Great to hear, because as of this morning there was a complete different story following this kid. Great to have him!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red Shirt
    qualified?

Yes....

Quote Originally Posted by 70county View Post
    qualified?

Awesome, the kid looks like a beast. Might be tough for him to see the field this year but I'm looking forward to watching him play for the next couple years

In my opinion he is college ready right now....alot will depend how soon he gets here and if they want him to get settled in on his academics...

He is that good in my opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by Husker10 View Post
    Awesome, the kid looks like a beast. Might be tough for him to see the field this year but I'm looking forward to watching him play for the next couple years

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    In my opinion he is college ready right now....alot will depend how soon he gets here and if they want him to get settled in on his academics...

He is that good in my opinion....
    I agree that he looks ready physically, but I think he would probably benefit from a redshirt year. Assuming Anderson is slotted to play a lot this year, I'd think at least one of the freshmen will redshirt. Unless Afalava is completely dominant, I'd like him to be the one to redshirt as I think he has the most upside.

Yes...Yes...Yes....

Quote Originally Posted by TFrazier View Post
    Has he been cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse yet?

With our LB situation he could play as a true Frosh....

He already has the size and weight to play...no need to RS him....for that anyway....

Afalava is that good.....he and Rose could both see time this year...

With Love and Bandaras coming in this year we are building some real depth at LB....

I'm for RS if it make's sense...in this case in my opinion it doesn't....

However, when he arrives etc. could dictate what he does...

Quote Originally Posted by Husker10 View Post
    I agree that he looks ready physically, but I think he would probably benefit from a redshirt year. Assuming Anderson is slotted to play a lot this year, I'd think at least one of the freshmen will redshirt. Unless Afalava is completely dominant, I'd like him to be the one to redshirt as I think he has the most upside.

All American

Depth at LB is one of my top concerns for next season. I actually think we will be better at the top of the depth chart than some might believe, however, we cannot have injuries at this position. Afalava and Rose could really play a huge hole next year giving us some depth, working kickoff coverage, and prepping for a run at starting jobs in 2013. By the end of 2012, one of these two guys (add RS Frosh Santos into the mix as well) could be fairly well entrenched for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    With our LB situation he could play as a true Frosh....

He already has the size and weight to play...no need to RS him....for that anyway....

Afalava is that good.....he and Rose could both see time this year...

With Love and Bandaras coming in this year we are building some real depth at LB....

I'm for RS if it make's sense...in this case in my opinion it doesn't....

However, when he arrives etc. could dictate what he does...

I hope that's the case and in 5 years we're arguing over whether he could have been a 3X vs 2X all american

Well said....as always...

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerInOkieland View Post
    Depth at LB is one of my top concerns for next season. I actually think we will be better at the top of the depth chart than some might believe, however, we cannot have injuries at this position. Afalava and Rose could really play a huge hole next year giving us some depth, working kickoff coverage, and prepping for a run at starting jobs in 2013. By the end of 2012, one of these two guys (add RS Frosh Santos into the mix as well) could be fairly well entrenched for years to come.