Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Frustrated Bolt Doesn't Mince Words

  1. #1
    Travel Squad
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    9,101

    Frustrated Bolt Doesn't Mince Words

    Nebraska assistant baseball coach Will Bolt clearly was frustrated Tuesday as he rehashed the 2012 season during an appearance on 93.7 FM "The Ticket."

    The Husker hitting coach wasn't about to pat himself on the back even though the team ranked second in the Big Ten with a .314 batting average and led the league in hits, RBIs, home runs, total bases, slugging percentage and runs scored.

    Bolt ran the offense from the third-base box, with input from Darin Erstad, of course.

    Bolt said the program must quickly reach a point where qualifying for the six-team Big Ten Tournament isn't enough.

    "Moving forward, I don't think the Big Ten Tournament can even be considered the postseason for us," Bolt said. "It's get to the NCAA Tournament. Find a way to host if you can. If you can't host, go make some noise and try to make a run to Omaha."

    http://huskerextra.com/sports/husker...0c669e4bf.html
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

  2. #2
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    4,793
    Good

  3. #3
    Husker Immortal
    CrnhskrBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    102,638
    I agree, 100%. How are you, Nishioka? Are you on R and R? Are you still in the military?

    In case I don't get back to this, send me a message, ok? Take care.


  4. #4
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnhskrBob View Post
    I agree, 100%. How are you, Nishioka? Are you on R and R? Are you still in the military?

    In case I don't get back to this, send me a message, ok? Take care.
    Hey Bob! Wasn't military, Japan made the mistake of letting me into the country as an exchange student!

    Back safe and sound now though, already thinking about the next trip.

  5. #5
    Scout Team
    HuttoHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hutto Texas
    Posts
    3,543
    Batting was definitely not the problem.. We need more consistant pitching, like a Friday shut down STUD.

  6. #6
    Blackshirt
    Merle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    15,568
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Batting was definitely not the problem.. We need more consistant pitching, like a Friday shut down STUD.
    We need more than one stud, we need three reliable starters. Then, we need a few more guys who have shown some promise, and give you hope when you bring them in. We had none of any of that this season. Long ways to go!
    Huskers Uber Alles

  7. #7
    Travel Squad
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    9,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    We need more than one stud, we need three reliable starters. Then, we need a few more guys who have shown some promise, and give you hope when you bring them in. We had none of any of that this season. Long ways to go!
    Good point, Merle. Were any of you surprised that Silva wasn't able to develop a couple reliable arms as the year went on? I understand you can't make a mule a race horse, but you can get a great day's work out of a mule.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

  8. #8
    Husker Immortal
    CrnhskrBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    102,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    Hey Bob! Wasn't military, Japan made the mistake of letting me into the country as an exchange student!

    Back safe and sound now though, already thinking about the next trip.
    Aw, so! Yes, I forgot. Glad, you are enjoying your stay in Japan so much, you want to go back. Lots of luck!


  9. #9
    Husker Immortal
    CrnhskrBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    102,638
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Batting was definitely not the problem.. We need more consistant pitching, like a Friday shut down STUD.

    .............plus, a closer and another decent starter. Having a good middle man makes it much, more easier, also. All in all, yes, we need 3 to come around. If our pitching is better, it takes a lot of the stress off of our hitters, who did a credible job this last season.


  10. #10
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnhskrBob View Post
    Aw, so! Yes, I forgot. Glad, you are enjoying your stay in Japan so much, you want to go back. Lots of luck!
    Thank you sir! When I do go back it won't be during the fall... it was too much work getting up at 4am to watch football, World Series, etc







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •